Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stil mad, Neva Forget

13

Comments

  • Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    What purpose does your anger serve? A "me too" club? (Robin's Minstels say "yay.")
    Evidence that you never did quite grow up?
    What purpose do anger and hatred serve? You're seriously asking an SWG VET these questions?


    mklinicOctagon7711

    "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

    CS Lewis

  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    immodium said:
    Muke said

    But let's be fair too: I loved the sandbox SWG experience, but even before their epical failure in 2005 -the infamous 99.99% exodus- the game was breaking under bugs, unbalanced professions, lack of new content, blatant lies about new content never released, no GCW and awful customer treatment.

    This.

    SWG never felt polished. It felt like an Early Access/Steam Greenlight game which you can play today.
    Which is why, sony failing, because obviously they would, they fail at everything mmo related, is a good thing. All those things you talk about will be fixed now that its emulated. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 11,687
    edited November 2015
    The first step in recovery is to acknowledge you have a problem. Congratulations!
  • GardavsshadeGardavsshade Member UncommonPosts: 907
    edited November 2015
    yaminsux said:
    I think MMORPG.COM should close SWG threads. The game is dead already ffs. The original company been sold too, to boot.
    So anything that is past should not be talked about anymore?

    Who decides?

    Now THAT is a dangerous idea. Fascism rises again.
    noncley
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977
    Pretty certain that if SWG were to magically appear overnight as it was prior to the debacle... people would play it for maybe a month tops before leaving it.  Rose colored glasses going on here... it was something then, it's certainly not something now.  People raved about vanilla WoW et al... and yet, you don't see any of those private servers with 5 million players do you?  If they had to pay, most of them would be downright empty.  Their time came and went.  It's not coming back because so much has changed since then.  That's why games that attempt to recapture the old feeling always fall flat.  Always.
  • CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Well, at least you can still play it. By now everyone knows you can still play it, right? SWG might get the award for most talked about cancelled game that you can still play. 

    Crazkanuk

    ----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

  • makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Pepeq said:
    Pretty certain that if SWG were to magically appear overnight as it was prior to the debacle... people would play it for maybe a month tops before leaving it.  Rose colored glasses going on here... it was something then, it's certainly not something now.  People raved about vanilla WoW et al... and yet, you don't see any of those private servers with 5 million players do you?  If they had to pay, most of them would be downright empty.  Their time came and went.  It's not coming back because so much has changed since then.  That's why games that attempt to recapture the old feeling always fall flat.  Always.
    I love it when people make shit up for no reason hahaha. 
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 268
    yaminsux said:
    I think MMORPG.COM should close SWG threads. The game is dead already ffs. The original company been sold too, to boot.
    So anything that is past should not be talked about anymore?

    Who decides?

    Now THAT is a dangerous idea. Fascism rises again.
    Close the thread because your head is buried in the sand? Yaminsux probably thought this was a good video game!
  • TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156
    Pepeq said:
    Pretty certain that if SWG were to magically appear overnight as it was prior to the debacle... people would play it for maybe a month tops before leaving it.  Rose colored glasses going on here... it was something then, it's certainly not something now.  People raved about vanilla WoW et al... and yet, you don't see any of those private servers with 5 million players do you?  If they had to pay, most of them would be downright empty.  Their time came and went.  It's not coming back because so much has changed since then.  That's why games that attempt to recapture the old feeling always fall flat.  Always.
    People are still playing the unofficial SWG, cantinas are crowded it's actually surprising.

    image
    image

  • HorusraHorusra Member EpicPosts: 4,103
    Acebets70 said:
    yaminsux said:
    I think MMORPG.COM should close SWG threads. The game is dead already ffs. The original company been sold too, to boot.
    So anything that is past should not be talked about anymore?

    Who decides?

    Now THAT is a dangerous idea. Fascism rises again.
    Close the thread because your head is buried in the sand? Yaminsux probably thought this was a good video game!
    Greatest game ever.  If you do not like it you are just uncultured.
  • SavageHorizonSavageHorizon Member RarePosts: 3,408
    edited December 2015

    I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg

    while I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guess

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc


    Get a life lol,  seriously you are actually pathetic if you are still mad ten years later. I could understand if you're best mate banged your gal but this lmfao.





  • joeslowmoejoeslowmoe Member UncommonPosts: 126
    How are there people still holding onto a grudge over this shit?  This is sadder than what SoE did to SWG.
  • ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,171
    Acebets70 said:

    Its funny you say that , back in the 80's Atari came out with a game called "ET" which KILLED video games for 7-8 years!!! SWG was a mini version of that. History always repeats itself, and i sense it happening again so if you wanna side with SONY like im sure you did when NGE came out enjoy!

    P.S.  Sheep

    So MMO's where killed at the same moment the biggest MMO ever became the biggest MMO ever. Logic.
  • Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Coman said:
    Acebets70 said:

    Its funny you say that , back in the 80's Atari came out with a game called "ET" which KILLED video games for 7-8 years!!! SWG was a mini version of that. History always repeats itself, and i sense it happening again so if you wanna side with SONY like im sure you did when NGE came out enjoy!

    P.S.  Sheep

    So MMO's where killed at the same moment the biggest MMO ever became the biggest MMO ever. Logic.
    DIsney has dissolved George Lucas, the last remnants of the SOE senate have been swept away, you Coman are the only follower of Lord Smedley left..... :p
  • TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293
    I don't remember out of anger, I fondly remember. I reminisce about SWG and the lessons it provided and still provides. 
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,618
    Droid Engineer for life
  • ChrysaorChrysaor Member UncommonPosts: 110
    SWG = My very favorite crafting experience.
  • AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,011
    I was mad that they even released it.  It started going downhill during beta.  I think it was best about 3-4 months before release. . then they started with some bad changes.  People thought testers just wanted to play for free and screamed REEEELEEEEASEE. . which I get.    Then later I ended up liking some of the later changes after hating CU etc.  There was never a perfect time for me I guess.  I did like the experience though but I doubt I will have it again.

    Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

  • TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293
    Always glad to see this old girl get a res. 
    mklinic
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • SevalaSevala Member UncommonPosts: 218
    It happened, it sucks, but....Meh....go play emu like plenty do, it reduces the feels.

    ~I am Many~

  • blueturtle13blueturtle13 Member LegendaryPosts: 11,825
    I personally did not like this game at all.
    IselinGrunty

    거북이는 목을 내밀 때 안 움직입니다












  • drivendawndrivendawn Member RarePosts: 2,124
    Get over it.  :p
  • TimEisenTimEisen ColumnistMember EpicPosts: 3,293
    Get over it.  :p
    I imagine most are over it and just reflect back in fondness nowadays. 
    Tiller
    I used to role-play a Warrior Priest now I role-play a writer.
  • SWGvohplayerSWGvohplayer Member CommonPosts: 3
    TimEisen said:

    I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again!

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg

    while I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guess

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc

    you  could also give https://swghope.com/ a try new server small community. NGE and has a very helpful playerbase that will even get you off you're feet
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,839
    SWG had it's good and bad points all during it's lifetime.  It had it's moments.  
    Torval

    "We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

Sign In or Register to comment.