Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stil mad, Neva Forget

Comments

• MendelMendel Member EpicPosts: 3,269
    And here I was thinking myself silly for harboring a grudge against the FDA for banning cyclomates in the late sixties.  Just because a lab rat got cancer from eating three times its body weight of pure cyclomates a day doesn't prove anything.  Everyone knows how fragile lab rats are.   And I never ate more than 1.6x my body weight in cyclomates a day.

Logic, my dear, merely enables one to be wrong with great authority.

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,768
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by waynejr2
    Originally posted by Reklaw
    Originally posted by nolf

What happened to our beloved game burned my ass at the time as much as anyone else's.

But really, there are far more important things to be upset about in the world than some MMO mismanagement that happened 

TEN. FREAKING. YEARS. AGO.

jk i typed this between uncontrolled sobs by the light of the burning effigies of everyone involved

It alway's amazes me to see a comment like above. I mean we are on a game forum, we are gamers, we are passionate about our hobby's. Yet for some reason people asume that gamers like OP arn't upset by more important things in the world simply because they typed something on a GAME FORUM that involves GAMES!!

OP: I hear you though I never have been mad or upset, I merly would call it disappointed.

I love his bold red comment.  It certainly is better than saying "how about you guys grow up!".  Because that might get you a warning.

Funny how small minded some people thoughts are. But that's okay as some like to show that over and over again.

Sounds like you made a self portrait with that statement. gj

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,618

"Elsa never really believed in the grail. She thought she'd found a prize."

• CopperfieldCopperfield Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Tierless

I don't know how I ever missed this but watching it again re-kindled my fire. Please, watch, watch and remember, neva forget and neva let it happen again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_UXM_BLAQg

while I'm at it, why not toss this in too, reminded me to be mad-er I guess

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eC8LacnQ1bc

the same shit happend to darkfall aswell.. 

I feel your pain

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    I still feel disappointment for what that game could have been but I take solace in knowing that most of the people who where behind the death of that game have struggled since then and landed at much smaller companies with less to work with.  I also wish I could have a fly on the wall of Mr. Smedleys office as he squirms while looking for ways to maintain his position after his parachute drops.  How that man held onto his job for so long after so many failed/under performing games is simply amazing to me.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 268
    For Smed and his fan bois they need to realize this is NEVER going away! They use this debacle in business classes now on what not to do...
  • KazaraKazara Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by Acebets70
    For Smed and his fan bois they need to realize this is NEVER going away! They use this debacle in business classes now on what not to do...

$OE is no more - - and rightfully so. I am surprised it wasn't sold off earlier. It will be interesting to see how long Smedley lingers at Daybreak Gaming.

• TillerTiller Member EpicPosts: 7,958
    Something may be in the works

• DMKanoDMKano Member LegendaryPosts: 21,148
    What a necro
  • psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,612
    I think this is something we as gamers should really keep in the forefront. Game developers did NOT listen to the players, the players rebelled. Boycotted the game, which not only cost them subscriptions in SWG, cobut also cost them all inclusive subscriptions to a number that ultimately had a financial effect on the entire corporate division, Lucas no longer getting the huge royalty checks he was getting pulls the licence that SOE could not even afford to bid on,  eventually cost SOE so much money SONY felt they could no longer justify to throw money away on the division which in turn eventually caused the sale of the division. Players need to understand just who has the power in this industry and that we do NOT have to put up with the crap game developers keep doing. If we bankrupt enough game developers with organized boycotts we can and will reshape this industry into something way better where quality games matter more than fast cash.

• aRtFuLThinGaRtFuLThinG Member UncommonPosts: 1,377
    yaminsux said:

https://youtu.be/j3TZFZ1fHhA

TBH I am more mad because they had to cancel Star Wars 1313. Now with SW in disney's hand, last hope for mature SW content. I am fully confident they gonna cater to the kids now. 

Actually Disney seems to me makes more mature content than Lucasart ever did.

I mean, just look at Episode 1-3, it was more "junvenilized" than Episode 4-6 (Episode 5-6 weren't even directed by George Lucas). Also all that "Clone Wars" kiddy cartoon monstrosities was all made by Lucasarts, NOT Disney.
  • sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    Pepeq said:

GAME IS GONE.  

IT'S NEVER COMING BACK.

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY! 

Hasta la vista means till we see each other again. Perhaps you want a more final goodbye.
  • Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 8,837
    Devs did listen to players.  There were players who wanted to be a Jedi and pressed the Devs for hints or a direction to become one.  So they gave hints.  When it was discovered that Jedi were unlocked by mastering professions.  A lot of players started grinding professions.  So you had players taking professions they didn't like or want just to unlock Jedi.  That, imo was the beginning of the end.  

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• AdoniAdoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    sketocafe said:
    Pepeq said:

GAME IS GONE.  

IT'S NEVER COMING BACK.

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY! 

Hasta la vista means till we see each other again. Perhaps you want a more final goodbye.

So long seems pretty final to me, just saying.
    1.jpg 21.4K

• FdzzaiglFdzzaigl Member UncommonPosts: 2,433
    edited October 2015
    Google translate sucks. Hasta = until ; la vista= the view. Or until I see you.

These expressions have different connotations in different languages.

Feel free to use my referral link for SW:TOR if you want to test out the game. You'll get some special unlocks!

• MisterZebubMisterZebub Member LegendaryPosts: 3,584
    psiic said:
    I think this is something we as gamers should really keep in the forefront. Game developers did NOT listen to the players, the players rebelled. Boycotted the game, which not only cost them subscriptions in SWG, cobut also cost them all inclusive subscriptions to a number that ultimately had a financial effect on the entire corporate division, Lucas no longer getting the huge royalty checks he was getting pulls the licence that SOE could not even afford to bid on,  eventually cost SOE so much money SONY felt they could no longer justify to throw money away on the division which in turn eventually caused the sale of the division. Players need to understand just who has the power in this industry and that we do NOT have to put up with the crap game developers keep doing. If we bankrupt enough game developers with organized boycotts we can and will reshape this industry into something way better where quality games matter more than fast cash.

Yeah and then it only took six more years for the game to die. And then only because there was a new shinier SW MMO on the horizon so Lucas Arts felt safe telling SOE to go fuck themselves.

While I'd like to think that the "boycott warriors" had anything to do with SOE's demise, I truly think the company expired from The Three Stoodgesesque self inflicted wounds more than anything. All their real talent jumped ship years ago leaving the whole company to limp along on inertia and whatever residual income they could glean from the EQ franchise. I feel trying to paint this situation as one where the angry consumers won is more than a bit disingenuous.

"You have kept me at your beck and call for fifteen years. I shall never again do what you demand of me. By every rule of single combat, from this moment your life belongs to me. Is that not correct? Then I shall simply declare you dead. In all of your dealings with me, you'll do me the courtesy to conduct yourself as a dead man. I have submitted to your notions of honor long enough. You will now submit to mine."

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    I will never forget the atrocities they commited on that day!

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,972
    Adoni said:
    sketocafe said:
    Pepeq said:

GAME IS GONE.  

IT'S NEVER COMING BACK.

HASTA LA VISTA, BABY! 

So long seems pretty final to me, just saying.
    Dig deeper...

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• Acebets70Acebets70 Member UncommonPosts: 268
    Agricola1 said:
    I will never forget the atrocities they commited on that day!

Dude this made my day!!!
  • MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,698
    Does the phrase, "get over it" mean anything to you?

“It's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    edited November 2015
    MMOman101 said:
    Does the phrase, "get over it" mean anything to you?

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• GruntyGrunty Member EpicPosts: 8,657
    edited November 2015
    Still mad, still marginalized.

edit. Not me, the bitter vets.
    "I used to think the worst thing in life was to be all alone.  It's not.  The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone."  Robin Williams
  • stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,495
    Every time new games start appearing, some jaded SWG fan is gonna make a post.  lol

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• AntiquatedAntiquated Member RarePosts: 1,415
    What purpose does your anger serve? A "me too" club? (Robin's Minstels say "yay.")
    Evidence that you never did quite grow up?
  • immodiumimmodium Member RarePosts: 2,576
    Muke said

But let's be fair too: I loved the sandbox SWG experience, but even before their epical failure in 2005 -the infamous 99.99% exodus- the game was breaking under bugs, unbalanced professions, lack of new content, blatant lies about new content never released, no GCW and awful customer treatment.

This.

SWG never felt polished. It felt like an Early Access/Steam Greenlight game which you can play today.