Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

GW2 support going down hill

NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

My wifes account was hacked so we submitted a ticket, got a customer server rep to reply within 20 min. Advised us she was not able to log in because her account has been hacked as her email on her account has changed and all that jazz. This was a week ago. They sent us an email giving us a list of steps to take to make sure her PC and email were not compromised any more. Being an IT guy I had already taken the steps. They said they would help us recover the account after we emailed them what we had done to make sure her account would not be compromised again. They wanted me to email them all the steps I had taken before they would help. That kinda grated me but fine, I told them what I had done.... then...

No reply for 48hrs, then I get an email saying because we didnt reply they had closed my ticket. I emailed them back and gave them a run down and copy of my last email to them. Again I get emailed the same set of instructions. So I email them again what I had done to make sure my account was no compromised. Again 48hrs later I get the same email. The ticket is closed because I have not responded. I again emailed them and no reply again. 

I have opened a new ticket and this time I didnt not get a reply at all, its been 36hrs and no one has contacted me about my new ticket. Its been a week and I am now getting a little ticked. Not sure what do do now lol Last time I needed help resetting my password it took all of 2-3hrs. 

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Sorry to hear that happened.
  • VarlasVarlas Member UncommonPosts: 22
    If it means anything, at least you're getting / were getting replies back from them. I've been waiting on a ticket for more than a month with nothing more than the automated response to the ticket. 
  • thunderclesthundercles Member UncommonPosts: 510
    Reminds me of when I submitted a ticket for Archeage. Same deal. Sorry for your frustration. You are not alone.
  • matcatmatcat Member UncommonPosts: 136

Had problems with them in the past as well.  I went to buy something from there cash shop and used paypal.  They has some kind of redirect on the page using javascript which i have blocked and it caused the transaction to fail.  After that they locked out my account and it took about 2 and a half weeks to regain access with their brown substance like level of CS.  At the end of it I logged in and had some kind of chest they gave me for my trouble.  I wasn't happy.

I forgot about this, at the time this happened they had a thread on their forums specifically to deal with their crappy CS.  If you posted in there with a ticket number etc someone higher up would take a look at it in order of forum posts received.  I don't have the link to that post but you could try that.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

And kids remember, this is why we have 2-way authentication. Very simple to use, saves tons of headache. Good luck with your tickets. I've had my issues resolved with them within 3-4 days. I'm not saying you are doing something wrong, but then again ... I might

They should've asked you for serial keys and few questions about the account ownership, its very systematic. Once you answer those, your account gets unlocked. 

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    I would try to use a gmail address in a new ticket to make sure my reply wouldn't get filtered due to CBL blacklisting or something like that. Or try using another SMTP server. I suspect they didn't receive your reply.
  • NobleNerdNobleNerd Member UncommonPosts: 759

Did you reply to the email or the ticket?

They might not be getting your reply if you are not using the link to the ticket and replying to the email.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    Originally posted by Leon1e

And kids remember, this is why we have 2-way authentication. Very simple to use, saves tons of headache. Good luck with your tickets. I've had my issues resolved with them within 3-4 days. I'm not saying you are doing something wrong, but then again ... I might

They should've asked you for serial keys and few questions about the account ownership, its very systematic. Once you answer those, your account gets unlocked. 

Ya we replied back and forth and covers cd keys and everything. They already said they would help us get the account back after we tock steps like changing my wife's email password. We did and they asked us to tell them what steps we took, I did email them what I had done and no reply back for almost 6 days, getting emails every 48hrs telling me the ticket is closed because we didnt respond. Even though I had many times. 

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by Leon1e

then again, the thousands of others not posting that do not use 2-way authentication are doing just fine. 

• angerbeaverangerbeaver Member UncommonPosts: 1,259
    Originally posted by NobleNerd

Did you reply to the email or the ticket?

They might not be getting your reply if you are not using the link to the ticket and replying to the email.

^ good question. I actually hadn't considered that since he said he was an IT guy but anything is possible!

So I finally got a reply from GW2 support. They say they are so sorry for taking so long in getting back to me. They tell me they have taken steps to help recover my account. They tell me they have emailed me a password reset to an email addy thats not mine. Im guessing its the guy that hacked my account. So now he has a password reset in his email. Thinking of signing him up for spam mail for everywhere and everything on the net. So I had to email them back again my email has been changed on the account when it was hacked. I asked them to change it back to the email that was on the account when created. Will this take another 2-6 days? lol
  • Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

As they have explained in the forums they have had a big surge of new players and returning players.

When I had a problem with a gem store purchase last august it was solved in a few hours.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

As they have explained in the forums they have had a big surge of new players and returning players.

When I had a problem with a gem store purchase last august it was solved in a few hours.

Well, while I wait for them to help me, Im signing up this guys email for spam mail. Anyone wana help?

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter As they have explained in the forums they have had a big surge of new players and returning players. When I had a problem with a gem store purchase last august it was solved in a few hours.
    Well, while I wait for them to help me, Im signing up this guys email for spam mail. Anyone wana help?

Isn't he using a puppet mail account, lol? I doubt spam will do anything to him even if it doesn't get filtered.

If he is using a real email account (for some stupid reason) you could probably track him down at least partially instead of resorting to worthless spam attacks.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

Originally posted by Howbadisbad

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter As they have explained in the forums they have had a big surge of new players and returning players. When I had a problem with a gem store purchase last august it was solved in a few hours.

Isn't he using a puppet mail account, lol? I doubt spam will do anything to him even if it doesn't get filtered.

If he is using a real email account (for some stupid reason) you could probably track him down at least partially instead of resorting to worthless spam attacks.

All sorts of nasty things I could do but Im a nice guy and the worst I could bring myself to do is sign him for up buying Russian wives dating service. Im pathetic. 

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884

It isn't like ANet is known for their great support........

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

If it takes a few more days with no response, maybe you can try to post on this thread if you can access the forums:

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/support/support/Tickets-for-Review-7-days-older-Part-2

That usually gets Gaile Gray's attention, she's usually quite good at channeling delayed support requests.

If you can't access the forums (which you probably can't if it's your only account), you can get someone to post for you with the ticket number, I can do it if you want (send the number by private message).

You say it took 2-3 hours to reset the password the first time, maybe that's why it's taking longer, though, from what I've read in forums they are more strict when it's the second or more time you've been hacked. Also double check your email (change the secret questions too), if they were having trouble receiving your mails, and sent the reset to the wrong mail, might most likely be a problem on their end, but might also mean the email account is still compromised.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad

Being a customer of Anet for over 10 years now, always had good service.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

Your experience does not equate to that of everyone else.....

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373

I also have had timely and good service from Anet as well.

Originally posted by sumdumguy1

I also have had timely and good service from Anet as well.

Of course you have.......

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

As someone else said in this thread:   They have areas in their customer support forums specifically for dated tickets to get escalated.

This person -the OP- who claims to be "an IT professional" apparently set up no security for his wife's account or computer.  The game has had Mobile Authenticator since October 2012 available for people to utilize for account security.     Besides that, it sounds like her email was hacked, which is kind of sad considering that IT pros know to change passwords once every 3 months (4x a year) at minimum and do so for their spouses and family (I personally service 7 with email reminders and physical assistance too).

It really sounds to me like a case of not enough effort on the party of the consumer.   No effort to secure their own personal email accounts, their own computer, or their own game account.    No effort to constantly follow up with emails, other avenues of communication with the company, or any other path of contact (even going on their Facebook and Twitter channels, for example).     Just a lot of complaints without any accountability for one's own actions (or in this case, inactions).

Oh, and I dug up a real gem from the OP:

~Wanting to report them to the BBB when log in issues during the game's Beta.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/348528/page/1

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977

Your experience does not equate to that of everyone else.....

Ohhhhh, i wonder why you didnt say OP the same *cough* post history *cough*

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048
    Honestly, GW2 support as far as I know (when I played it briefly) was always pretty terrible. I don't think it really could go down hill when it was never up the kill to begin with. To be fair though it probably is something handled by NCsoft so it might not be completely their fault with it.
    Originally posted by Siphaed

As someone else said in this thread:   They have areas in their customer support forums specifically for dated tickets to get escalated.

This person -the OP- who claims to be "an IT professional" apparently set up no security for his wife's account or computer.  The game has had Mobile Authenticator since October 2012 available for people to utilize for account security.     Besides that, it sounds like her email was hacked, which is kind of sad considering that IT pros know to change passwords once every 3 months (4x a year) at minimum and do so for their spouses and family (I personally service 7 with email reminders and physical assistance too).

It really sounds to me like a case of not enough effort on the party of the consumer.   No effort to secure their own personal email accounts, their own computer, or their own game account.    No effort to constantly follow up with emails, other avenues of communication with the company, or any other path of contact (even going on their Facebook and Twitter channels, for example).     Just a lot of complaints without any accountability for one's own actions (or in this case, inactions).

Oh, and I dug up a real gem from the OP:

~Wanting to report them to the BBB when log in issues during the game's Beta.

http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/348528/page/1

Ya keeping her protected is hard, she is one of the deal hunters. Signing up for every coupon and free samples. I have tried to get her to keep one email addy clean just for her online games but in the end she ends up using it to get an 8th round of free samples. 

Any ways, they finally switched the email to a shinny new one thats never been used and we reset her password. Now I have to go through all her other accounts and see what else the hackers have gotten into through her email. Thanks to the people who talked with me through this pain in my side. Anet really needs to do better then this, over a week to recover an account, with Customer Server reps making many mistakes that just dragged out the whole thing. This really should have been resolved in 1-2 days tops.