Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Loyalty Program Mount a Big Joke on Day 1 players.

Comments

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by cronius77
    Originally posted by doodphace
    yeah i also didnt get one because i let my sub lapse while out of town for a month. This was a real stick it to you for players who supported the game from early release and head start paying ahead of time. I actually got a temp ban for calling them out on it on their increased moderation crap they are doing but oh well I seriously hope whoever came up with this idea deserves to work at mcdonalds the rest of their life.

.....based on the exact scenerio you describe, you would still be eligible...Do you really mean that you let it lapse for more than a month?

Am I missing something here?

i stopped playing for a little over a month and have 270 days subbed.  the way they explain it its 300 days concurrent with no lapses.

wrong. It's non-concurrent - that was the change they made just for people like you who almost but not quite qualified.

Their KB article was updated just yesterday to make it clear:

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/27135/kw/senche%20tiger%20mount

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

You paid the money .... they paid the money. 

Why do you care that others are willing to pay stupid money to get a free mount ... when all they have to do is buy one from cash store for WAY less cash?

Loyalty means $$$ paid to a company... not time. Time only counts if it equates earnings.

You stay sassy!

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    Originally posted by doodphace
    yeah i also didnt get one because i let my sub lapse while out of town for a month. This was a real stick it to you for players who supported the game from early release and head start paying ahead of time. I actually got a temp ban for calling them out on it on their increased moderation crap they are doing but oh well I seriously hope whoever came up with this idea deserves to work at mcdonalds the rest of their life.

.....based on the exact scenerio you describe, you would still be eligible...Do you really mean that you let it lapse for more than a month?

Am I missing something here?

i stopped playing for a little over a month and have 270 days subbed.  the way they explain it its 300 days concurrent with no lapses.

It doesn't say that at all...it actually says the opposite...."you have paid for 300 total days of subscription time (non-consecutive),"

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

I think this is good. They are recognizing those who stayed with them. If their cutoff is a year, then that's their choice. But I like that they are honoring customer loyalty.

When I played Anarchy Online, Funcom had made an offer to entice players to return to the game by offering a helmet that had an XP gain bonus given to players who returned with a 12 month subscription. No small token of appreciation. This thing had stats.

There were many players who had been paying for years with annual subscriptions who stayed and got nothing. They were pissed. Rightly so in my eyes. FC's response to the outcry was that past customers got appreciation from FC by receiving discounted annual subscriptions and all the money they saved. LOL, Yes, they actually said that in their forums to the player base.  And that only added gasoline to the fire.

Anyway, Kudos to a company that recognizes player loyalty.

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Gotta love the entitled generation.
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by rodingo

Well you could look at it as $150 mount that you didn't buy, if it helps to ease the sting a little.

He could also lower his sense of entitlement.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548

Uhm... there are multiple loyalty rewards. This is just the final one.

How many were there before? 4 month, 6 month? I only remember the wraith and the sphere. so you get a reward every 3-4 months up until unlimited. 

It will only be a joke if they add the wraith and the sphere to the cash shop and it costs less than the sub prices to reach them previously.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Well you could look at it as $150 mount that you didn't buy to help ease the sting a little.

I am NOT a gay fish!

OT, players get so bent out of shape over the smallest things.  A mount that you didn't get.  /shrug

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Loktofeit
    Originally posted by fistorm
    Originally posted by udon

Well it is a reward for people who have stuck with them though the whole process since launch not just most of it so I don't see much of a issue myself.  And I let my sub lapse after the first 3 months so no I'm not getting the mount either.

Maybe they should have other rewards for the less loyal but it is their choice also.

Thats just it, they have a hat for the ones who were loyal the whole time, they claim this is the reward for those who showed lapse in subs.

As stated "Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start, but to allow for the occasional lapse in subscription, as well"

So bottom line is, this is suppose to be the reward for members who were less loyal then every single month..  No other rewards for less loyalty then that.

No rewards for starting day one with them and suffering through those first three months and then decide to sub with them during their transition... sad really.

Those people get the mount, too.. or am I missing something? I don't see where the issue is. 

I'm with you I don't see the issue. It's just a mount for people who have "mostly" been loyal.

I suppose the OP is looking for the "I'm Uber loyal" gift?

As it is I'm getting one and I'll delete it. I don't see why a character of mine would be riding a tiger.

I'm jelly of ur tiger, sir.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    Originally posted by bliss14
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Well you could look at it as $150 mount that you didn't buy to help ease the sting a little.

I am NOT a gay fish!

OT, players get so bent out of shape over the smallest things.  A mount that you didn't get.  /shrug

LOL!

Kanye - "fishsticks + me = gayfish"

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

Well it is a reward for people who have stuck with them though the whole process since launch not just most of it so I don't see much of a issue myself.  And I let my sub lapse after the first 3 months so no I'm not getting the mount either.

Maybe they should have other rewards for the less loyal but it is their choice also.

Thats just it, they have a hat for the ones who were loyal the whole time, they claim this is the reward for those who showed lapse in subs.

As stated "Our goal in designing setting the criteria for eligibility was to ensure that we reward players who have been with us from the start, but to allow for the occasional lapse in subscription, as well"

So bottom line is, this is suppose to be the reward for members who were less loyal then every single month..  No other rewards for less loyalty then that.

No rewards for starting day one with them and suffering through those first three months and then decide to sub with them during their transition... sad really.

Those people get the mount, too.. or am I missing something? I don't see where the issue is. 

I'm with you I don't see the issue. It's just a mount for people who have "mostly" been loyal.

As it is I'm getting one and I'll delete it. I don't see why a character of mine would be riding a tiger.

You can't. It'll go straight into the new "Collections" interface and will forever be there staring at you saying "why you not use me?" image

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by grimal

You have to have been subbed for 10 months.  So if you were only subbed for maybe 5 months, like me, you get nothing.  I think Zenimax could show a little more generosity here and throw something to a second tier that maybe had less than 10 months but more than the initial included 30 day price.

That's not his complaint.  He is presenting that the mount only goes to month subs and nothing to 11 months subs.  That is false. 

As for your issue... wow. More generosity? How about a participation trophy?

Well I misread the OP then.

and as for your last comment, I can do without the deragatory remarks.  

You have to have been subbed for 10 months.  So if you were only subbed for maybe 5 months, like me, you get nothing.  I think Zenimax could show a little more generosity here and throw something to a second tier that maybe had less than 10 months but more than the initial included 30 day price.

That's not his complaint.  He is presenting that the mount only goes to month subs and nothing to 11 months subs.  That is false. 

and as for your last comment, I think you are being a bit aggressive here.  I just think Zenimax could have rewarded past subscribers with a little something.  If you are going to follow up with another snide comment, don't bother.

You get 500 crowns + 100 crowns for every month you subscribed. So... 1000 for you.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Iselin

and as for your last comment, I think you are being a bit aggressive here.  I just think Zenimax could have rewarded past subscribers with a little something.  If you are going to follow up with another snide comment, don't bother.

You get 500 crowns + 100 crowns for every month you subscribed. So... 1000 for you.

Thanks.

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829

Errr... it's a LOYALTY mount.

If you bought the game, played the free month and then ditched the whole thing, it doesn't exactly scream "loyalty".

It really isn't such a difficult concept. =P

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

And with a 1,000 crowns you might be able to buy a special spotted sencha in the cash shop.

• GrunimGrunim Member UncommonPosts: 172
    I never let my sub lapse and I'm getting the mount.  It amazes me just how passionate people get about these cosmetic gifts.  I really don't care if they sell re-skinned versions in the crown shop too, if it will keep people happy....
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Well it is a reward for people who have stuck with them though the whole process since launch not just most of it so I don't see much of a issue myself.  And I let my sub lapse after the first 3 months so no I'm not getting the mount either. Maybe they should have other rewards for the less loyal but it is their choice also.

I'm jelly of ur tiger, sir.

I'm gonna call the jelly school mkay.
    http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

In case anyone was curious, it looks like the tiger mount will indeed be in the crown store.  It looks like the only difference is the colors and the crown store versions don't have "armor".

http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/151649/confirmed-another-variation-of-the-senche-mount-will-be-in-the-crown-store

Between the loyalty and crown store tigers and guars  I'm willing to bet that people riding horses in the game will actually be rare.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,011
    Originally posted by Iselin

You can't. It'll go straight into the new "Collections" interface and will forever be there staring at you saying "why you not use me?" image

Oh my.

It's sort of like those steam items I keep getting in my steam mailbox that I don't use. I don't really know what they are used for and I don't really care.

@Loktofeit: Honestly, if I could give it to you I would.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

There is one problem>>>THEY LIED about their intentions,so they should be grateful to ALL of the players that were paying them for any amount of time.

Now if they had not outright lied,then i would say a 3-4 month period is more in line with loyalty since the average length of loyalty to most games tops out at 3 months.

We need to also remember one other thing,is this a brand new model or just another model re-skinned.If it is brand new,we are talking about 3 days maximum of effort shown by Zeni.Point is they offer 3 days of effort in return for 300 days of loyalty,hmmm  add 1 carry the 2 yep my math seems right,not much of a FAIR offer.

They could have sort of copied SOE's ideas they used in EQ for loyalty,3 month/6mnth/1 year ect ect.I guess my point here is that when SOE "former SOE" puts in more effort for loyalty,other devs had better wake up.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Wizardry

There is one problem>>>THEY LIED about their intentions,so they should be grateful to ALL of the players that were paying them for any amount of time.

Now if they had not outright lied,then i would say a 3-4 month period is more in line with loyalty since the average length of loyalty to most games tops out at 3 months.

We need to also remember one other thing,is this a brand new model or just another model re-skinned.If it is brand new,we are talking about 3 days maximum of effort shown by Zeni.Point is they offer 3 days of effort in return for 300 days of loyalty,hmmm  add 1 carry the 2 yep my math seems right,not much of a FAIR offer.

They could have sort of copied SOE's ideas they used in EQ for loyalty,3 month/6mnth/1 year ect ect.I guess my point here is that when SOE "former SOE" puts in more effort for loyalty,other devs had better wake up.

they didnt have to give anyone shit.

The amount of entitlement in this thread is the reason why MMOs are failing left and right. People want everything for nothing, and then they want free expansions and content updates every week and not to be charged for that either.

They made it so everyone who was even close to having 300 days had a chance to get one if they wanted to. So it isnt even really a loyalty reward but a in case you want to look loyal reward.

• MellowTiggerMellowTigger Member UncommonPosts: 84

Loyalty programs work better if you tell people up front about the eventual reward for staying with a vendor.

Awarding bonuses afterwards means that you may have lost through intentional negligence all those former customers who might have toughed it out longer if they knew they were getting additional value for their money.  In these cases, I think a company would better serve their own interests by treating rewards as an anniversary bonus available to anyone currently subscribed during the "holiday" season, so at least they might get a few returning customers (and maybe some new ones too).

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

why is the mount a joke? they didnt have to give away that mount and still they decided to give it away to people who played since launch.

I think Its a nice gesture. WHat i think is a joke is that they will be retiring loyalty reward system after going B2P (or something like that i think they said). Loyalty reward system is actually a good incentive to sub.

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

why is the mount a joke? they didnt have to give away that mount and still they decided to give it away to people who played since launch.

I think Its a nice gesture. WHat i think is a joke is that they will be retiring loyalty reward system after going B2P (or something like that i think they said). Loyalty reward system is actually a good incentive to sub.

yeah I think it is a mistake to not implement a new loyalty program to persuade people to sub. But I guess they think subbing is reward enough and that having a loyalty program makes them look desperate for subscribers.

But until they get DLC going, my personal opinion is subbing isnt worth it. And I like the game fine.  While 1500 crowns is a good gesture at this point (again personal opinion) there isnt enough in the store to make hoarding them all that necessary.

I also think this 300 day thing is what is making them hold off offering the 12 month sub promotion. Because if they offered that right now then anyone who bought that option would qualify for the 300 day mount.

So it looks like the 12 month sub option (originally talked about in the initial B2P live chat) wont be offered until maybe right before console launch.