Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just a load of cr..

I gave my $40 to the Repopulation thinking I was going to get a very good game in beta testing.   What I got was ripped off!!!  Yes I know the game is a work in progress.  Work in progress my a..!!  This game has just enouph content so it can get more money out of its supporters.  I gurantee you this game will never be released.  It will always be in beta stealing money from its supporters!!

Comments

• PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

Maybe now you will wait for a game to be released before spending money on it...  

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Games are always worth more before they're released.
  • carotidcarotid Member UncommonPosts: 425

Originally posted by RexGarvin

I gave my $40 to the Repopulation thinking I was going to get a very good game in beta testing.   What I got was ripped off!!!  Yes I know the game is a work in progress.  Work in progress my a..!!  This game has just enouph content so it can get more money out of its supporters.  I gurantee you this game will never be released.  It will always be in beta stealing money from its supporters!!

So, you're upset because you spent $40 on a can of air?

Originally posted by Rusque

What color is the sky in YOUR world?

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

LOL at least you only spent $40, Im in $250.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

Originally posted by carotid

Well, in my world games are very often completely free to play when released! But before they're released people can buy access to or items in the yet to be finished game for hundreds or even thousands of dollars.

It sounds crazy, I know, but at least, that's what's happening in my world. How's it going in yours?

• GreteldaGretelda Member UncommonPosts: 359
    it happens. while the correct answer is that you should wait till a game is released then pay for it, i understand the feeling of wanting to support/paying for something that you feel good about. that is why with these stuff when you do put money into them you just have to be ready for anything including disappointments.

my top MMOs: UO,DAOC,WoW,GW2

most of my posts are just my opinions they are not facts,it is the same for you too.

• jdlamson75jdlamson75 Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Way to do your research, OP.  The game is in alpha.  If you were expecting "a very good beta", you've got the wrong game.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Pepeq
    Maybe now you will wait for a game to be released before spending money on it...  
    Bingo!

Originally posted by carotid

Actually, this makes a lot of sense to me. Games, before being released are whatever the player imagines they are, or "will be."

Early access with "ideas" is easily the best game ever, to each and every individual "consumer", based on a few tidbits of "We will have <X> feature" statements. It is only AFTER the game's release that the game is a known quantity, in it's semi-finished state.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324
    I stopped long time ago to buy into beta or early access, I rahter wait for release and read player reviews.
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,197
    I bought in for only 19.99 the other day. I have not played much, but it is not as bad as you are making it out to be.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• jinxitjinxit Member UncommonPosts: 854
    Originally posted by lugal
    [mod edit]

I prefer to think of Early Access as the cancer and people that buy into it as the lesions...

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    Odd, for some reason I have never been burned by these early access/kickstarter/pre-alpha games. I guess I must just be lucky, right?
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by jinxit
    [mod edit]

I prefer to think of Early Access as the cancer and people that buy into it as the lesions...

What skin is it off of either of your noses what other people do with their money?  Cancer? Lesions?  Really?  Could we be a little more dramatic here?

These are not AAA games being published here.  And you two  are probably some of the first ones bitching about the state that MMO's are in today.   If we want Indie devs to develop games without corporate money influencing the design, then the money has to come from somewhere , right?   What is wrong with people who believe in a game, from trying to support the development of that game?  That makes us a cancer?

Seriously I don't get how you people seem to think that these games just grow on trees or that the stork will deliver them to you.  Grow up!

Having said that,  the OP's whining is just as childish.   You got what you paid for OP.   If it wasn't to your liking thats too bad.   Say what you want about the game but don't come here complaining that you got ripped off when you should have known exactly what you were paying for.    A chance to play a game in Alpha.  

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• momodigmomodig Member UncommonPosts: 555
    No content, did this poster even try the game?  This game has more content then some released games, actually for alpha game this is the best I've played... it's very good... yes it needs some polish and work... but I think poster didn't put much time into try the game out.

Originally posted by momodig
    No content, did this poster even try the game?  This game has more content then some released games, actually for alpha game this is the best I've played... it's very good... yes it needs some polish and work... but I think poster didn't put much time into try the game out.

"No content" is a code phrase that means, "This game doesn't have any/enough of the specific type of content that I want to play". What it is that he wanted, we don't know, but apparently not enough of it.

• lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    Originally posted by Boneserino
    [mod edit]

What skin is it off of either of your noses what other people do with their money?  Cancer? Lesions?  Really?  Could we be a little more dramatic here?

These are not AAA games being published here.  And you two  are probably some of the first ones bitching about the state that MMO's are in today.   If we want Indie devs to develop games without corporate money influencing the design, then the money has to come from somewhere , right?   What is wrong with people who believe in a game, from trying to support the development of that game?  That makes us a cancer?

Seriously I don't get how you people seem to think that these games just grow on trees or that the stork will deliver them to you.  Grow up!

Having said that,  the OP's whining is just as childish.   You got what you paid for OP.   If it wasn't to your liking thats too bad.   Say what you want about the game but don't come here complaining that you got ripped off when you should have known exactly what you were paying for.    A chance to play a game in Alpha.  

Butt hurt?

I do not care what YOU do with your money, YOU can do what you want. What I have issue with is gamers as a whole buying into this crap. Buying access to alphas/betas, working cash shops in alpha/beta, these are problems we gamers have made worse. Instead of telling companies to launch finished product, they just lie to us and say it is alpha or beta. How low must the bar go before more gamers realize they are just exploiting us with clever buzz words and paid reviews.

There many ways a company can get funding, selling alpha/beta access for a broken unfinished game isn't one I think we as gamers should support. You are not really buying alpha/beta, nobody can be so blind to believe that? They are selling the game they intend to fully launch with, they just lie to us calling it alpha or beta so we don't get mad and demand refunds. I do agree that the the OP got what he paid for and crying about it is childish.

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• jadzYajadzYa Member UncommonPosts: 44
    I think the op should be banned from all beta and alphas. People like him are a cancer. Bad enuff companies selling alpha and beta access and fools buying them.

Butt hurt?

I do not care what YOU do with your money, YOU can do what you want. What I have issue with is gamers as a whole buying into this crap. Buying access to alphas/betas, working cash shops in alpha/beta, these are problems we gamers have made worse. Instead of telling companies to launch finished product, they just lie to us and say it is alpha or beta. How low must the bar go before more gamers realize they are just exploiting us with clever buzz words and paid reviews.

There many ways a company can get funding, selling alpha/beta access for a broken unfinished game isn't one I think we as gamers should support. You are not really buying alpha/beta, nobody can be so blind to believe that? They are selling the game they intend to fully launch with, they just lie to us calling it alpha or beta so we don't get mad and demand refunds. I do agree that the the OP got what he paid for and crying about it is childish.

Specifically to this product I kind of disagree. While what you are saying is very much true for AAA multi-millions titles and publishers, I do believe that indie studios need support and selling early access means both more financial resources to support development and free testing resources. If you want to help or not comes down to your personal choice, but this is what you do with early access buying.. help. You don't get to play the game before others... you help to actually build the game.. sometimes for many months and changes to come.

This is actually quite a playable game with many many things to improve/polish/balance, but a lot if not most of the features are in game and functional. I guess we will see how this game progresses in 6 months and we can re-evaluate your affirmations.

Intel Extreme Series Core i7 4820K
    ASUS P9X79
    2x G.SKILL RipjawsX 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1866Mhz
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 660 SC SLI
    Samsung 256GB 840 Pro

• RexGarvinRexGarvin Member Posts: 28

alpha/beta who cares!  When I give $40 to a game that reviewers are giving an 8.3 I expect to see a game that has a good chance to be released.  This game only has enouph content to to get your money.  The content reminds me of 80s graphics!  During the time I played thier was not one update to the game.  I dont expect this game to be released!

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    I think the op should be banned from all beta and alphas. People like him are a cancer. Bad enuff companies selling alpha and beta access and fools buying them.

Butt hurt?

First cancer, then fools and now butt-hurt.   Sure just keep throwing out the insults. 

You still haven't told me exactly how someone spending money on an alpha, affects YOU in any way whatsoever.    Why are you so butt-hurt if we do?  Because you want to try it for free but are too cheap?     This is the first game I have done this for,  and I did it because I was curious about it and I liked the direction I thought they were taking.  And what the heck , give them a little support.  I will definitely think carefully before I do it again.  But if I feel like it, I will.

How the heck that gets your shorts all in a knot, is beyond me.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

Butt hurt?

I agree with Iugal, but you probably knew that if you read many of my posts. No legitimate source came along and said, "hey! indies have the right to build massive games without proper funding!". If you're professional enough to engage such a project, you're professional enough to get some legitimate backing, and I mean backing with consequences for failure, not just based on promises to the impulsive public. It's a terrible state, this method of development.

Surprise! A couple of these games are, without a doubt, going to be successful. I imagine that's absolutely true, but here's the rub. This has created an environment so that every Tom, Dick and Harry with a smooth delivery can make promises and give the rest a bad name. This culture of rampant crowdfunding, although it's "good" in premise, is ill with problem participants. We are all contributing to this sick state of affairs, and the more we bury our heads about it, the worse it's going to get.

Some people are smart about it. Some people are altruistic. Most are impulsive and possibly ill in that fashion. I wouldn't feel good if my income came from peoples' problems. I wouldn't feel good contributing to a situation wherein someone's income came from peoples' problems. I don't want this, I don't like it, and I won't play along and say it's ok.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by RexGarvin

alpha/beta who cares!  When I give $40 to a game that reviewers are giving an 8.3 I expect to see a game that has a good chance to be released.  This game only has enouph content to to get your money.  The content reminds me of 80s graphics!  During the time I played thier was not one update to the game.  I dont expect this game to be released!

When I give $40 to a game that reviewers are giving an 8.3

reviewers are giving an 8.3

giving an 8.3

bwahaha

I guess you somehow missed the alpha part.

Let this be a lesson for you.

The real information is out on the internet so there is no excuse for your ignorance.

Come back in a year when the game releases.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

I bought the game for $20.  I dont play it often as I know an Alpha is not a finished product but I do jump in once a week and mess with the crafting to see how it is coming along.  I would have to disagree with the OP as I think the game is coming along well for the size of the team involved and I have no worries about the game actually releasing. 

I will be emailing the OP when the game releases just to let him know that he did over react quite a bit on this one

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• BrakhBrakh Member UncommonPosts: 29
    Thanks to Repopulation I have finally awaken from beauty dream about poor indie companies requiring my support for finishing their products. Also lured with excellent reviews I have bought this title. As someone who rather do not paying attention to the graphics Repopulation is just too much for me. Environment reminds me more clunky version of early korean mmos from beginning of this millennium.
    So as I mentioned before, no more early access/ pre alpha/ betas and all that crap. Thank you Repopulation for waking me up
  • VGBeVGBe Member UncommonPosts: 14

Originally posted by RexGarvin I gave my $40 to the Repopulation thinking I was going to get a very good game in beta testing.   What I got was ripped off!!!  Yes I know the game is a work in progress.  Work in progress my a..!!  This game has just enouph content so it can get more money out of its supporters.  I gurantee you this game will never be released.  It will always be in beta stealing money from its supporters!!

Did you somehow manage to skip over this entire thing on the store page? I mean, it's plastered right over the add to cart button.

Why Early Access?

“Early Access gives players a chance to participate in the development of the game when we are still in a state where active changes are being made regularly. It provides the players with a chance to give their feedback and for us to take that feedback into account as we continue to refine features. Early Access also includes a lifetime Membership option post-launch, and is similar to a one time box price.

That having been said, we want to make it perfectly clear that this is an Alpha test. You will undoubtedly encounter bugs and annoyances that may affect your gameplay experience. Some features of the game are still being implemented or refined, some graphics, animations, sounds, and much of the interface are placeholders and slated for revision prior to launch. Some parts of the world are still a work a progress. If you are easily frustrated by these types of things, then Early Access is probably not for you and we would recommend waiting until the game launches or hits Open Beta.”

Approximately how long will this game be in Early Access?

“It’s difficult to give firm dates when developing an MMORPG because many of the delays are reactionary. The game is expected to move into beta testing in 2015 however, and launch after a few Beta rounds are completed. Players will be a part of the decision on when the game moves into beta and when it launches through the forums on our web site.”

How is the full version planned to differ from the Early Access version?

“We have a break down of existing features vs upcoming features available in the main section below. Many features are currently implemented, but a few key features are still remaining including the Hardcore Ruleset and some Sieging and Nation functionality.”

What is the current state of the Early Access version?

“The game is currently in Alpha 4, which is the final stage of alpha testing. We currently have a wipe planned at release with no other "planned" wipes between now and then, but that is subject to change if necessary. The majority of the games features are currently functional, though many features are still being refined and polished.

While the world is almost all available for exploration, there are some locations which have little to no content currently. The hardcore ruleset is not yet available, and sieges are currently disabled due to an exploitable bug. There are also many areas of gameplay which are not yet optimized. You will encounter bugs, and many models do not yet have LOD (Level of Detail) which negatively affects performance. Some graphics or sounds are also placeholders. For example, you will notice that your ability icons are currently split between placeholders and the final versions. This will continue to improve throughout the course of testing.”

Will the game be priced differently during and after Early Access?

“There will be at least three different one time membership options at launch: Silver, Gold, and Platinum. We are currently only offering Gold Memberships, but you will be allowed to upgrade that membership at a later time. In the future we will also allow for a cheaper Silver Membership option through Early Access, but this is currently unavailable as we are worried about having too large of an initial influx of players. The servers still need optimization and stress testing. Silver Membership will not be available until we feel confident that they are ready to handle the additional influx of players which it will add.

Some of the extra perks that are included as part of the Early Adopter package will not be available at release.”
    How are you planning on involving the Community in your development process?
    “We have a very solid history of communicating with our community on a daily basis. We have GMs already on staff assisting new players even at this stage of development and we plan to further expand or community outreach once Steam Early Access launches. The staff includes developers, artists, content, lore, and other aspects of development and you get to interact with us at that level without much filtering or market speak. We are very good at taking constructive feedback (even if it is criticisms), and have a solid record of acting on such feedback.”

Originally posted by RexGarvin alpha/beta who cares! When I give $40 to a game that reviewers are giving an 8.3 I expect to see a game that has a good chance to be released. This game only has enouph content to to get your money. The content reminds me of 80s graphics! During the time I played thier was not one update to the game. I dont expect this game to be released!

There was a major update two weeks ago and there will be another within the next few weeks.