Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2 starting new char!!!

emi56emi56 Member UncommonPosts: 24

Hey all, I plan on rolling a new char in GW2. Probably a guardian or an Engi. If anybody wants to come back and play with me feel free to msg Fyn.5810 (Jade Quarry server) 

Plan is to re-learn the game do all the current dungeons/season 2 quests, get a set or 2 of pve/wvw gear and some stuff organized for the upcoming expansion. 

Cheers! 

Comments

• emi56emi56 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Quick update, my gf and I are now around lvl 20+ on our new chars. 
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

+20 lvl within 6 hours? :)

What can I say lol... It is snowing really bad outside! We have been doing a bunch of events and story missions.
  • DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Gdemami

+20 lvl within 6 hours? :)

Part of the changes was boosting the exp up to level 20, so this isn't unusual. They probably didn't even hurry but just enjoyed their pace.

Harbinger of Fools
  • WhiskeydustWhiskeydust Member UncommonPosts: 79
    Sorry your keyboard broke
    I'll help.....character and engineer
    good luck....
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I got so many birthday gifts for all my characters, and each one contained a free boost to level 20...    Now i have in stock 5 boosts to level 20, and about 30 free level tomes, and a frackload of XP boosters...  All for free...

but since i am not that kind of player i am not using them...

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Originally posted by Dakeru

Part of the changes was boosting the exp up to level 20, so this isn't unusual. They probably didn't
    even hurry but just enjoyed their pace.

I also started GW2 recently, and it is lighting fast compared to my own leveling speed :)

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965
    You get bunch of scrolls that automaticaly put you at lvl 20

Originally posted by Lobotomist

You get bunch of scrolls that automaticaly put you at lvl 20

Maybe, my bank is full of such items but I see no point using them, especially on 1st char :)

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by Gdemami

Originally posted by Dakeru

Part of the changes was boosting the exp up to level 20, so this isn't unusual. They probably didn't
    even hurry but just enjoyed their pace.

I also started GW2 recently, and it is lighting fast compared to my own leveling speed :)

In some areas it's easier to find events than in others. I would suggest to go to the Norn starting area. Go back to your hometown and use the Asura Gate - this will lead you to the Gate hub - just enter the one with the Norn standing in front then.

The events here pop more frequently and closer to each other and are more interesting than killing the 100th centaur or stupid bandit.

Harbinger of Fools
  • NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739

If you have not logged in for a very long time then most of season 2 episodes will be locked. You can unlock them in gem store or team up with someone that have it unlocked.

I recommend that you take a look at what exotic armor you want so you can use the dailies to get it faster. Also notice that you now can get pve armor and weapons by doing structured pvp (heart of the mist).

I recently deleted my charr warrior and made a human warrior. I used tomes of knowledge and experience scroll to get fast to level 80. I dont regret it as there a still a lot to do like personal story, unlocking waypoints and traits.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I got so many birthday gifts for all my characters, and each one contained a free boost to level 20...    Now i have in stock 5 boosts to level 20, and about 30 free level tomes, and a frackload of XP boosters...  All for free...

but since i am not that kind of player i am not using them...

I know the feel. Doing mainly sPvP for some time now, I have full stack of those tomes and bunch of instant lvl 20 scrolls, idk where to use those, i have every profession, except necro, but i don't really like the idea of playing a necro. Very weird mechanics. 

Think I'll insta level the revenant once it comes and start learning from there xD 

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    I logged in and all my chars were lvl 20 without me doing anything other than clicking a scroll. But I want to get 100% on more than 3 characters so I have to go back to some areas so the lvl 20 scrolls serve no purpose to me.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791
    Originally posted by emperorwings
    I logged in and all my chars were lvl 20 without me doing anything other than clicking a scroll. But I want to get 100% on more than 3 characters so I have to go back to some areas so the lvl 20 scrolls serve no purpose to me.

Don't worry, the game will downscale you so the content wouldn't be trivial. And the loot will be scaled to your own personal level. 

• duraboarduraboar Member Posts: 4
    Take a Guardian...

Is it pretty easy to get tomes of knowledge in sPvP? I don't do it that much... 

Planning on running Ascalonina Catacombs story mode  later today if anybody wants to join us! 

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by emi56

Is it pretty easy to get tomes of knowledge in sPvP? I don't do it that much... 

Planning on running Ascalonina Catacombs story mode  later today if anybody wants to join us! 

Yes, Tomes of Knowledge / Exp scrolls are pretty common while doing sPvP. It's a large part of how you lvl up via sPvP. Basically, nearly everything you do in this game gives you experience. Which means there is a ton of freedom as to how you choose to lvl yourself.