Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Console transfer confusion..

SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

I am still confused at how this will work.

If I transfer to PS4 that makes my PC account forfeit right? 

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071

Not exactly sure on the details but there is this-

https://help.elderscrollsonline.com/app/answers/detail2/a_id/20918

" How can I qualify to have my character transferred from PC/Mac to my console?

Players who purchased the PC / Mac game from The Elder Scrolls Online Store or a retail store and redeemed their game code by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will be able to purchase the console transfer (for $20.00 USD or €14,99 Euro or £12.99 GBP) at a later date and enjoy the full Tamriel experience on console with 30 days of included game time."

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,010
    Since the wording says "console transfer" I would assume you are transferring your character(s) to the console version.
    Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

No. It's a whole account COPY not a transfer and includes all your characters, equipment equipped or in their inventory, gold, bank contents, etc.

Once the copy happens, you can continue playing your PC version as if nothing happened.

Also be aware that it was a limited time offer for $20 only for those who were registered on the PC/Mac version on June 30th, 2014, They've said they have no plans to offer the service to anyone else.

From their support database (just search for "console transfer"):  

DOES THE CONSOLE TRANSFER OFFER MOVE MY PC / MAC ACCOUNT AND ASSOCIATED CHARACTERS PERMANENTLY TO THE DESIGNATED CONSOLEVERSION?

Updated 02/12/2015 11:46 AM          Published 06/18/2014 10:47 AM

No. This offer will simply take an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicate it. From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate. Progress made on one account will not affect the progress made on the other account.

HOW CAN I QUALIFY TO HAVE MY CHARACTER TRANSFERRED FROM PC/MAC TO MY CONSOLE?

Updated 01/21/2015 04:21 PM          Published 06/04/2014 02:01 PM

Players who purchased the PC / Mac game from The Elder Scrolls Online Store or a retail store and redeemed their game code by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will be able to purchase the console transfer (for $20.00 USD or €14,99 Euro or £12.99 GBP) at a later date and enjoy the full Tamriel experience on console with 30 days of included game time.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Iselin

No. It's a whole account COPY not a transfer and includes all your characters, equipment equipped or in their inventory, gold, bank contents, etc.

Once the copy happens, you can continue playing your PC version as if nothing happened.

Also be aware that it was a limited time offer for $20 only for those who were registered on the PC/Mac version on June 30th, 2014, They've said they have no plans to offer the service to anyone else.

DOES THE CONSOLE TRANSFER OFFER MOVE MY PC / MAC ACCOUNT AND ASSOCIATED CHARACTERS PERMANENTLY TO THE DESIGNATED CONSOLEVERSION?

No. This offer will simply take an exact copy of your PC / Mac account and replicate it. From the point of the transfer, the original PC / Mac account will remain 'as is', whilst the new console account will be 100 percent separate. Progress made on one account will not affect the progress made on the other account.

Players who purchased the PC / Mac game from The Elder Scrolls Online Store or a retail store and redeemed their game code by 6/30/14 (11:59pm UTC) will be able to purchase the console transfer (for $20.00 USD or €14,99 Euro or £12.99 GBP) at a later date and enjoy the full Tamriel experience on console with 30 days of included game time.

So does this mean if I registered my account and played before 6/30/2014 I can pay the $20 for this transfer or would I also have to rebuy the whole game for the PS4 too along with the $20?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

this is the part that i personally dont like. It makes more sense to give people who qualify (people who own the game prior to june 30th 2014) a free transfer, and then people who own the game prior to Tamriel Unlimited launch get the $20 transfer.

I kept forgetting about that transfer price so im not getting the console version anymore. I dont see that transfer purchase as a "qualifier". Its just a limited time purchase. Ill pass.

Originally posted by Asheram

So does this mean if I registered my account and played before 6/30/2014 I can pay the $20 for this transfer or would I also have to rebuy the whole game for the PS4 too along with the $20?

No. You don't need to also buy the PS4 version, The $20 includes a digital DL copy of the PS4 version... it's what I'm doing :)

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Originally posted by Asheram

No. You don't need to also buy the PS4 version, The $20 includes a digital DL copy of the PS4 version... it's what I'm doing :)

Ahh ok cool tyvm.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698

If I can play both PC and PS4 I am definitely going to do it. I have different friends on both platforms so I dont have to worry about it.

Thanks for the info!

Originally posted by SlyLoK

If I can play both PC and PS4 I am definitely going to do it. I have different friends on both platforms so I dont have to worry about it.

Thanks for the info!

Not to mention built-in voice chat, a 60" screen and a controller with force feedback to really feel those hits :)

I'm actually really looking forward to playing in Cyrodiil with everyone using voice instead of just some groups. It should add some of the coordination and strategy that's often missing from the PC version.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

Just got an email for the console transfer. Pre purchase starts today and only have 30 days to get it, after 30 days no longer available.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

Thanks for the info!

Not to mention built-in voice chat, a 60" screen and a controller with force feedback to really feel those hits :)

I'm actually really looking forward to playing in Cyrodiil with everyone using voice instead of just some groups. It should add some of the coordination and strategy that's often missing from the PC version.

If there was less coordination in the PC version, then its because people couldn't be bothered with voice chat image

kind of ironic no image

Originally posted by Phry

Thanks for the info!

If there was less coordination in the PC version, then its because people couldn't be bothered with voice chat image

kind of ironic no image

There are several competing PC voice chat programs; vent, teamspeak, mumble... and each one works off separate servers that you often need to get approval from the admin to use... "bother" is the right term.

People typically use their own guild's program and server and won't "bother" installing others and getting permission to use them... this is the obvious advantage of built-in: you're in a raid? You're in that raid's voice chat.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610

I just have to point out that just because they say they won't offer transfers in the future, does not mean they won't offer transfers in the future.

Does anyone remember them saying that they won't offer the Imperial race in the future?  You know, the one in the Imperial CE pre-order?  Well, I do.  They now offer it in a bundle in the crown store.  So I have no doubt that there will be some sort of paid transfer in the future.  After all, what about all the people that will miss out on their current offer for whatever reason?  I have faith that Zenimax will go back on their word.  As they usually do.

• CrazKanukCrazKanuk Member EpicPosts: 6,130
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I just have to point out that just because they say they won't offer transfers in the future, does not mean they won't offer transfers in the future.

Does anyone remember them saying that they won't offer the Imperial race in the future?  You know, the one in the Imperial CE pre-order?  Well, I do.  They now offer it in a bundle in the crown store.  So I have no doubt that there will be some sort of paid transfer in the future.  After all, what about all the people that will miss out on their current offer for whatever reason?  I have faith that Zenimax will go back on their word.  As they usually do.

At the same time, it's entirely possible that the Imperial Race could die off entirely if they don't offer it. I actually don't remember them saying that it won't be sold at a later time, and that seems like something pretty short-sighted to say these days. Either way, I do hope they charge an appropriate amount for it (like $20 or $30) to make CE owners feel like they still got a value (I was not a CE owner btw). 

Crazkanuk

----------------
    Azarelos - 90 Hunter - Emerald
    Durnzig - 90 Paladin - Emerald
    Demonicron - 90 Death Knight - Emerald Dream - US
    Tankinpain - 90 Monk - Azjol-Nerub - US
    Brindell - 90 Warrior - Emerald Dream - US
    ----------------

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    just wanted to say that if you a re a current PC ESO player then make sure you spend all your crowns before the transfer happens so your account transfers with all the new items. Crowns will not be transferred.... which is kinda lame.

Greetings,

Thank you for purchasing The Elder Scrolls® Online: Tamriel Unlimited™ for Console with account copy.

Your account will be copied from PC/Mac to console on June 1, 2015, at 10AM EDT. Shortly after your account is copied from PC/Mac to the console of your choice, you will receive your digital game code for The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited.

In preparation for this transfer, please take note of the following:

• This is an account copy. Once the copy is complete, your PC characters as well as your console characters will not share any items or progression. They will exist independently of one another.

• All entitlements will carry over, including Imperial Edition and Explorer's Pack benefits.

• ESO Plus membership status will not carry over. You will need to re-enroll in ESO Plus on your console.

• Crowns will not transfer from PC/Mac to console. Any crowns left in your Crown Balance will remain on your PC character. Any items purchased with crowns will transfer to the console version.

• Besides crowns, the following will also not transfer: Mail, Guilds, Guild Banks, Friends List, Ignore List, Leaderboards, and Campaign Status.

• Upon completion of the account copy, The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Customer Support team will be unable to restore any characters or items that may have been deleted from the PC/Mac account prior to the transfer.

If you have any questions about The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited for Console with account copy, please visit help.elderscrollsonline.com.

- The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited Team