Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

deseperate help please login problem

SupaAPESupaAPE Member Posts: 100

I get this "You are attempting to log in with an account that does not have a valid serial code applied to it. If you have a valid serial code, please........"

I emailed support yesterday, nothing. It sucks because I put in a considerable amount of effort trying to play the game.

First I couldn't even find the client download link in my account settings on the official guild wars2 webpage . I found it on a wiki which was weird. Supposedly tha'ts just the 'way it is'. OOOOhhhhkay

Then I can't log in the game and get the message I linked in the first paragraph.

Lastly the ORIGINAL account I owned , got banned for some bogus reason I don't really remember nor care to. I'm frustrated that after all these years , login and serial issues still exist, and nobody ever bothered to edit the official webpage and fix the download link in account management.

I'm honestly quite dazzled at how insanely frustrating this whole process has become. 

Any body ever have this problem before ?

thnx

Comments

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Make sure you don't have a similar email account and you actually filled that one by mistake - it happened to me.

Also make sure that if somehow you linked a GW1 account it isn't using that email.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I have never had this happen to me. The only thing you can do is contact support.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631
    Originally posted by SupaAPE

First I couldn't even find the client download link in my account settings on the official guild wars2 webpage . I found it on a wiki which was weird. Supposedly tha'ts just the 'way it is'. OOOOhhhhkay

It's there, under "My account", then "Download client" on the left hand side.

It might not be there if you do not have a valid account maybe.

Then I can't log in the game and get the message I linked in the first paragraph. 

Any body ever have this problem before ?

Never had this problem. Just make sure the email your account is linked to is safe in case you think "someone else is causing the issue for you".

Reading the message, I think you might have applied your key to another account though. So if you have several different GW2 accounts, now might be the time to try them all.

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Well you claim that login problems exist but apparently you don't own a legit account at this point.

That's why you couldn't find the client download either.

Where did you buy your key?

Harbinger of Fools
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    Do you have a legit account?  Sounds like you may be accessing your banned account via the same email account. 
  • PepeqPepeq Member UncommonPosts: 1,977

1.  You had an account that was banned.  That account will never work nor the email address associated with it.  Your IP address may be blocked as well.

2.  Did you buy your new account at http://buy.guildwars2.com/store/ or somewhere else?  You will need a new account.  They do two-step verification so if the email is invalid or banned, you're not going to register the account.

3.  Are you trying to use a free weekend trial?