Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Matt Frior: We will add paid-for health, XP boost potions.

BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425

"This gives the player a choice: spend some crowns to get potions right now, or play a while to earn in-game gold and then spend it either at a vendor, another player, or at a Guild Store."

"[Potions] can be purchased with crowns, but they're functionally very similar to the potions you can purchase from in-game vendors, and they're somewhat weaker and less effective than player-crafted potions," game director Matt Firor explained in a new blog post.

"Existing ESO PC subscribers will automatically be enrolled in ESO Plus when Tamriel Unlimited launches, so no further action will be required to become a member if you're a subscriber at that time."

[Sources: Eurogamer, PC Games and Matt Firor]

Comments

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Lol
  • TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    I'd be surprised if this provided a substantial enough revenue by itself. They're going to have to introduce more than this to keep a decent profit. Maybe it's just me being bitter at a lot of F2Ps I enjoyed that primarily had health and exp potions in the cash shop getting shut down due to a lack of revenue.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Torval
    I would rather they provided a crown to gold conversion and had players buy crafted and dropped potions from other players. But this works too I suppose. I'll just craft my own, not that I use them all that often on my sorc.

No no on the gold buying. Yeah the way it's set up should effect the current economy. It will probably be a boon to alchemist when they are able to craft XP pots. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    There was a post somewhere also stating that the exp boost potions can be bought with in game coin too. Not a big deal. They are probably anticipating people transferring over to consoles so adding exp potions will let new players catch up otherwise players that transfer may not have many people to play with for end game content for a good while.
  • kiernkiern Member UncommonPosts: 428
    Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    I'd be surprised if this provided a substantial enough revenue by itself. They're going to have to introduce more than this to keep a decent profit. Maybe it's just me being bitter at a lot of F2Ps I enjoyed that primarily had health and exp potions in the cash shop getting shut down due to a lack of revenue.

It shouldn't be too hard.  All they have to do is add cosmetic items.  That usually churns up some good revenue. 

*EDIT:  I just saw a screenshot of the store and they will be selling, mounts, pets, costumes, etc..., so that looks like a decent start.  

• Leon1eLeon1e Member UncommonPosts: 791

OMG PAY2WIN CONFIRMED!!!!! 

Oh wait .... 

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Leon1e

OMG PAY2WIN CONFIRMED!!!!! 

Oh wait .... 

LOL, I almost posted the same thing. xD

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by kiern

It shouldn't be too hard.  All they have to do is add cosmetic items.  That usually churns up some good revenue. 

They could if there is a decent amount to choose from, i think one of the reasons why SW;TOR did so well on that front, was the sheer volume of cosmetic items available, nobody after all, wants to look exactly the same as everyone else. image

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Phry
    Originally posted by kiern

They could if there is a decent amount to choose from, i think one of the reasons why SW;TOR did so well on that front, was the sheer volume of cosmetic items available, nobody after all, wants to look exactly the same as everyone else. image

Yep. There's good money to be made by having a nice selection of cosmetics for sale, and ESO seems to be off to a good start judging by the preview screenies I've seen. image

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/