Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

WildStar 10 Day Trial

SaluteSalute Member UncommonPosts: 795
<div header_section="" clearfix"="">

WildStar 10 Day Trial provides 10-days of restricted game access.  It’s a great opportunity to get an introduction to WildStar and check out the game play!  The ten days of play time begins as soon as you click the Free Trial button in your account management page or free trial landing page.  It is not possible to pause, restart, or stop trial time so be sure that you are ready to play before you click. Once a Free Trial is registered, it cannot be used again.

If you decide you want to continue playing WildStar during or after your trial time expires and you haven’t already purchased WildStar, you can purchase a copy of WildStar and upgrade your trial account to keep playing any characters created during the free trial (with full access to all in-game content!). If you need assistance with upgrading your trial account, please visit the following link:  https://wildstar.zendesk.com/entries/44539198

If you added the trial to an existing full access WildStar game account to check out new content, you can simply reactivate your game account to continue playing. If you need assistance with reactivating your account, please visit the following link: https://support.wildstar-online.com/entries/42683853

Free Trials are intended for new players to try out the game or returning players who want to see how things have changed. You cannot add a free trial to an existing WildStar account that has remaining game time; however, adding a free trial to an existing Standard or Deluxe WildStar account that has NO remaining (Lapsed)  game time will add 10-days of unrestricted play!

Free trials are region-locked.  If you are receiving the error “The code you purchased is for a different region than your game account”, please visit the following article for more information on what this means:  https://wildstar.zendesk.com/entries/87541146

As mentioned above, there are some in-game restrictions for WildStar Free Trial accounts.  Below is the content you won’t have access to when playing a free trial account (but you will have unlimited acces if you decide to purchase WildStar or already own WildStar and have no game time!):

In-Game Restrictions:

• Max of 3 characters slots per realm
  • Max character experience up to level 20 and path experience up to level 12.
  • Limited to Apprentice Crafting (Tier 1)
  • 50 Gold Currency Cap.
  • 5000 Renown Cap.
  • Joining or creating guilds is disabled
  • Creating circles is disabled, but you can join them.
  • Trading with other players is disabled.
  • Sending and Receiving mail is disabled.
  • Housing Restrictions:
  • Cannot become a neighbor or a roommate.
  • Cannot invite another character to be a neighbor or roommate.
  • Commodity Exchange Restrictions:
  • Cannot post, buyout, or bid on any item in the Commodity Exchange.
  • Chat restricted to Say, Yell, and Party chat.
  • /Ticket ingame is disabled
  • Limited forum access (Read-only access)
  • Cannot receive or purchase C.R.E.D.D.

All Time Favorites: EQ1, WoW, EvE, GW1
Playing Now: WoW, ESO, GW2

Comments

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

its funny how they took the time to add so many restrictions to a 10 day trial. Looks like are testing the waters for a heavily restricted F2P switch.

• Lazarus71Lazarus71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,081
    ^It would be a smart move on their part at this point.

No signature, I don't have a pen

• rgyelxvi3krgyelxvi3k Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by rojoArcueid

its funny how they took the time to add so many restrictions to a 10 day trial. Looks like are testing the waters for a heavily restricted F2P switch.

Or they are trying to keep gold sellers from abusing the system. Or maybe a little of both?

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    I just joined the game again for the first since launch and Thayd on Jabbit is packed with people and far from dead. It's good to be back. I really hope they consider going B2P.
  • erikthevikingeriktheviking Member Posts: 18
    Originally posted by Filbur
    I just joined the game again for the first since launch and Thayd on Jabbit is packed with people and far from dead. It's good to be back. I really hope they consider going B2P.

Well, when you only have two servers, of course the main city is going to look packed.

• FilburFilbur Member UncommonPosts: 254
    Yes, but these are megaservers. The game uses layers (pretty much like overflow servers in Guild Wars 2) for each zone and especially the main hubs, so you can't really tell how many people are playing the game. But the layer I was in was packed with people - which is a good thing if you ask me.
  • demadildemadil Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Decided to jump back in with the trial then subbed a few days later-that is all.