Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sword Coast Legends Q3 2015

Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401

Just FYI, first I've heard of it. Excited.

Comments

• Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Looks very typical tactical rpg. Original Dragon Age folks on staff. Multiplayer as well as being a DM.
  • PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800
    Neverwinter Nights 5 edition
  • Entris38Entris38 Member UncommonPosts: 401
    Originally posted by coretex666
    Is it only me, or does this game look a little like the original Neverwinter Nights? (I dont mean it as a bad thing)

That's exactly what I was thinking. Hoping Pillars of Eternity is going to be amazing also, launches late march.

• MaurgrimMaurgrim Member RarePosts: 1,324

For some odd reason some people who makes new threads about a game refuse or being lazy to post a link to sead game [mod edit]

https://swordcoast.com/

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

Oooohhh, nice find.  Too bad it's yet another D&D game set in the Forgotten Realms instead of Greyhawk.  However, it still looks good.

*flips off DDO for being set in Ebberron* 

Anyone know if it's combat/stats are going to resemble any actual D&D rule set or have the depth/length of storry like Baldurs Gate or is it going to be more like Icewind Dale?  Either is fine though just curious.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Could not find which version of D&D rules they are using, if any. I wonder if it will be the latest version that WotC is working on...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• Quizar1973Quizar1973 Member UncommonPosts: 251
    Looks Like a Diablo clone to me...lol
    No one shall Rent space in my head!!!!!  B)
  • waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by rodingo

Oooohhh, nice find.  Too bad it's yet another D&D game set in the Forgotten Realms instead of Greyhawk.  However, it still looks good.

*flips off DDO for being set in Ebberron* 

Anyone know if it's combat/stats are going to resemble any actual D&D rule set or have the depth/length of storry like Baldurs Gate or is it going to be more like Icewind Dale?  Either is fine though just curious.

I wish we could get WoG based games these days.  Too much to ask for though.

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Could not find which version of D&D rules they are using, if any. I wonder if it will be the latest version that WotC is working on...

5th edition. At least it is not 4th, 5t is not as moronic.

But I am not sure which year it is set in, FR have been getting a lot worse since the jump in years between 3rd and 4th. I hope they use a more classic setting there.