Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Castle Siege MMORPG

OjinasOjinas Member Posts: 10

Hello everyone!

I'm looking for a Castle Siege MMORPG (Free to Play)

All the posts were like 3-4 years old that i found so maybe someone els know anything new?

I've played alot of Lineage 2 back in the days and i miss that game but i've played me tired of it so like what i'm looking for is new oldschool Lineage.

Want the game to be atleast 3D and decent graphic.

i enjoyed the: 

Castle fight and world pvp.

Crafting system in Lineage 2 and Crafter race (Dwarves) .

Buffer and healer class.

Enchanting with + system

Recipte/materials collecting

Fantasy enviroment

Personal Vendor

Always enjoys:

Great crafter system.

Ingame gold exchange for Item Mall items (Rift, Guild Wars 2) .

Many different classes.

Great events.

Daily login rewards.

Farming system. 

Housing and guild/clan house / meeting place

Dragons

Enjoys:

Mixing class system (Runes of magic).

Pets, both summoning and companions.

Can pass:

Click to move.

Pay to Win!!.

Rogues/stealth in player vs player (Often unbalanced and no ball players) 

gPotato developer  (They seems to be p2w and to greedy) 

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Give ArcheAge a try. It has most of the things you like.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• OjinasOjinas Member Posts: 10
    ArcheAge seems to be pretty much IM based game, but i'll give it a shot and see =)
  • Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

After AA you could check AoC too. I don't pvp so can't say the current state, but back in the days even on Crom (I mean before all the merges, I'm on Crom since the start image ) which always was a pve server, there were nice siege events.

The basics demonstrated by the devs http://youtu.be/9TTsDVeurU8

And a random vid putting the above in practice: http://youtu.be/fT7YOEN0ULU (you can find plenty of siege videos, but I like the Rammstein songs in this one image)

AoC pretty much fits your points, except "Ingame gold exchange for Item Mall items." and "Daily login rewards", those are not in there. Crafting is decent currently, but with the next update finally arrives the revamped crafting wich sounds cool based on the plans.

Oh, "Dragons" could be an exception as well, no dragons besides Vistrix. (a raid end boss, and she's not a dragon technically just a demon in dragon form :) )

There's LotRO too. Not as good match as AoC, but in LotRO there are frequent battles for the keeps and outposts in Ettenmoors, and most likely the arriving Osgiliath will bring some additions to this part of pv as well. Can't say how active it is, I don't pvp in LotRO either... But you can defend Helm's Deep and using siege weapons in pve too :)

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Medieval Engineers launches on the 19th...
  • ErgloadErgload Member UncommonPosts: 433
    Elder Scrolls Online has castle siege PvP, doesn't it?
    Originally posted by Lerxst

The developers ( Keen software house) are shit, they made Space Engineers (23 Oct, 2013) Still in early access after 5 years, minor patching and fixing, then they release the 2nd game Medieval Engineers without finishing Space Engineers, they are just passing everything for the workshop, so in other world, they are building the basic of the game, then letting modders finish their work wile themself are making another game (Medieval Engineers) Bullsh*t if you ask me. 

Tho thats my opinion, the game itself looks really great, but i don't want to support what they are doing, they would finish one game before releasing two Early access games in that way they are doing it...

• LerxstLerxst Member UncommonPosts: 648
    Originally posted by Ojinas
    Originally posted by Lerxst

The developers ( Keen software house) are shit, they made Space Engineers (23 Oct, 2013) Still in early access after 5 years, minor patching and fixing, then they release the 2nd game Medieval Engineers without finishing Space Engineers, they are just passing everything for the workshop, so in other world, they are building the basic of the game, then letting modders finish their work wile themself are making another game (Medieval Engineers) Bullsh*t if you ask me. 

Tho thats my opinion, the game itself looks really great, but i don't want to support what they are doing, they would finish one game before releasing two Early access games in that way they are doing it...

While I don't disagree with a lot of that, many smaller-mid sized developers have a team of more than just 1 person. I'm assuming Keen Software House has at least a few, which makes it fully plausible they can afford to split development into 2 separate titles.

There are also situations where "more cooks, ruin the soup". If they have, say 5 people developing Space Engineers, adding another 5 might not actually speed up the development any. So why not use those additional people to develop another game while their first team finishes up.

I still agree though, that spending 5 years on development for minimal results over the initial launch is a bit much. I don't question their ability to make or code a game, but I do tend to question their business sense. Then again, the genre overall these days is floundering so it's a matter of picking the lesser of the evils.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    I would say GW2 or ESO but both are B2P. So you need to spend the box price. I have seen GW2 go on sale for 9.99 lol.
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    I would say GW2 or ESO but both are B2P. So you need to spend the box price. I have seen GW2 go on sale for 9.99 lol.

I got GW2 but i got boored of it pretty fast, maybe i didn't level long enough, got around level 40 i think, and have all other classes around level 20...

ESO is to expensive for me atm..

All games i've tested i get fast boored of, there is only 3 games that had me rooted and that was:

Lineage  - 4 years

Wow - 5 years

Atlantica Online  - 4 years

I've also played League of legends for 2 years i think and now i play Smite and have done that for a year but its getting off my interest. 

Then it feels like i've tested everything out here but nothing really gets me rooted.. 

I want to find a game that i'm pleased to play and think its fun and enjoys and free to play, it's nearly impossible, could make a list of the games i tested and what part i did not like with it.

Warhammer online i liked when i played it (Got collectors edition somewhere) 

But all those big mmos out there seems to be the same in majority.

Also got the Secret World, but got to the first outpost.

Maybe i would give the games more time but its hard for me to do so if i don't enjoys it.