Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"This Is A Day That Will Be Long Remembered..."

As a lurker of the official SWTOR forums (i find reading the forums more fun than the actual game), I was shocked by this post:

"I'm surprised this thread has not been popped and applied given all the people leaving over the events of the last 60 days.

I'm not into long winded good byes, and in fact I said good bye a couple weeks ago. But since I'm logged in today to wrap up and close down my account..... 

I'm leaving SWTOR not because of any specific feature, or lack of, or bug.... but rather because the way customers as a whole have been treated since early December is unprofessional and takes advantage of player good will. 

This MMO has struggled since launch. It turned around nicely and accelerated on a positive track in 2013. But 2014 has been a complete disappointment. Your performance as a studio in 2013 set the bar for moving forward. 2014 looks very much like you have once again lost the recipe. And frankly the alleged 2015 roadmap does nothing to restore confidence that you actually are capable of keep this MMO out of the ditch. 

I've given Bioware many breaks and overlooked things because I know MMO are complex software projects and things happen, and choices need to be made. I actually understand the rationale and complexities they have to grapple with. However, there is only so far you can abuse the good will of your customers before they say enough is enough. For myself, generally very tolerant of issues with MMOs, I'm done. 

To those that think things are fine and are happy with the state of the game now, I wish you all the best and hopefully your feelings are not betrayed by events in 2015.

To those that have had enough, and are moving on, how about using this thread as your parting venue rather then spraying the forum with a flurry of individual good bye posts. 

Take care everyone." - Andryah

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=476966&page=81

---------------------

Wow!

Comments

• ImpacthoundImpacthound Member UncommonPosts: 367

Andryah's had a quitting sig/attitude since the nerf to the slot machine for a few weeks. Glad to see her go officially, whether it's true or not. I suspect she'll be back, she's too smug not to post condescending garbage on everyone else's thoughts. I wish I could rub her face in a "quitters don't post about quitting, they just quit" quote there on the official boards, but it's enough to know she won't be there ruining other people's threads. Too bad Malastare, Infernixx, Sarfux, and branmakmuffin are filling the void.

Thanks for the link to this

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

Who the hell is Andryah and why do we care?  I certainly wasn't playing because of he/she and I certainly wouldn't be quitting either.

So exactly what is the relevance of this " another player leaving and giving a big long story" post?

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• HassanPLHassanPL Member UncommonPosts: 14

Who cares about some attention *****?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

• DeVoDeVoDeVoDeVo Member UncommonPosts: 106

I don't play the game or even know who she is but I've read enough lengthy "good bye" posts to know that she will be back.  

I mean, the people who truly quit MMOs are like me.....they just leave without saying or writing a darn thing to anyone.   Been MMO free for 8 months now and haven't looked back other than reading this forum which is fun.

There's waaay to much emotion in Andryahs post.  She will eventually return like a stray cat you threw some meat.  Ha

• neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    I think I have had her (it) on ignore since right after game launch.  To bad when people quote her I still see her spew on the forums.  I thought for a while she might be a employee trolling.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    It looks to me by reading the thread it was Bioware's fault for neglecting the game the past few months.  There was a gamebreaking exploit that ruined the fun for a lot of players and they didn't fix it.  I can understand basic problems and the such but a company needs to know when they MUST make a fix right NOW.  If a gamebreaking exploit lasts more then a few days people will stop playing.  There are things that can wait for the next patch and there are things that cannot.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    I'm confused why anyone thinks this is worth sharing.  She articulates nothing other than a vague sense of betrayal for her reason for leaving.  It's one thing if there was some high drama but this is a complete letdown for an I quit post.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by filmoret
    It looks to me by reading the thread it was Bioware's fault for neglecting the game the past few months.  There was a gamebreaking exploit that ruined the fun for a lot of players and they didn't fix it.  I can understand basic problems and the such but a company needs to know when they MUST make a fix right NOW.  If a gamebreaking exploit lasts more then a few days people will stop playing.  There are things that can wait for the next patch and there are things that cannot.

Well I glanced through the thread and couldn't find your gamebreaking exploit.  I did read about 100 other excuses for leaving in the 3 or so pages I did read.

People don't like this or they don't like that.   Biggest reason I saw was that most had just played the game to death and were done with it.

Nothing to see here folks, move along....

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Originally posted by DeVoDeVo

I mean, the people who truly quit MMOs are like me.....they just leave without saying or writing a darn thing to anyone.   Been MMO free for 8 months now and haven't looked back other than reading this forum which is fun.

I agree.  It's the people who spout lengthy diatribes about why they're quitting are the ones that actually care about the game and really don't want to quit.  Most people if they don't like a game they just move on.

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by HassanPL

Who cares about some attention *****?

Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

People that make these kinds of post make me laugh. It just goes to show you how mmo players today think they are owed something for playing a game. No one twist anyone's arm to play their game. So get over yourselves.

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Posts like this always make me think of someone who dreams of writing a suicide note and faking their own death to see the reaction of others.
  • whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

This is a day that will be long remembered... as this sort things being passe

seriously? people leaving a game is news now that people need to know about? A game feature changing, a high exec leaving, a merger of companies, the game shutting down, these are news.  This?  this is a person leaving a game, i leave games all the time, I even left this one for a while.

Unless this person is some kind of worker that will directly affect the game, it seems kind of pointless unless you are going for drama and trying to stir something up by saying see people are still leaving, in which case i respond with, uh people leave games all the time, so...life goes on is what you are saying?  Great, next time on the news anew game opens up, and people play it, stimulating

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Quitter quits and posts about it! In other news the sky is blue and grass is green.
    Originally posted by Boneserino
    Originally posted by filmoret

Well I glanced through the thread and couldn't find your gamebreaking exploit.  I did read about 100 other excuses for leaving in the 3 or so pages I did read.

People don't like this or they don't like that.   Biggest reason I saw was that most had just played the game to death and were done with it.

Nothing to see here folks, move along....

When you click on the link its a thread from 2012 so naturally I just went to the end to see the recent posts and complaints.  There was a subject that came up more then once about a "Ravager Exploit."  They also had problems with ranked matches that were being rigged by the players.  Lot of people saying the pvp class balance was recently messed up.

• orionblackorionblack Member UncommonPosts: 493

Welp to put this in prospective for a lot of you...Andrayah is to SWtOR as DMKano is to Archeage .....

Kinda like reading a I quit Archeage post from DMKano..

• Yoottos'HorgYoottos'Horg Member UncommonPosts: 297
    Originally posted by orionblack

Welp to put this in prospective for a lot of you...Andrayah is to SWtOR as DMKano is to Archeage .....

...DMKano?

• MalaboogaMalabooga Member UncommonPosts: 2,977
    Someone got sacked lol. Other shills still around, but greatest of them is gone heh
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    You must've been really happy about this to register an account here just to post this news, LOL.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• NorseGodNorseGod Member EpicPosts: 2,654
    Originally posted by Yoottos'Horg
    Originally posted by orionblack

...DMKano?

You know, I was going to write something about "self important people", then I saw the pic in your sig.

Just wanted to thank you for that pause it made me take.

To talk about games without the censorship, check out https://www.reddit.com/r/MMORPG/
  • winghaven1winghaven1 Member RarePosts: 737
    I don't get it. I've been subbed on and off and played this game in between breaks but now especially I can say the game is actually been improving for the better and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. It had a very rough beginning and they deserve the shit they got but right now, they're pretty much getting soo much better. I'm just confused.
  • Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by winghaven1
    I don't get it. I've been subbed on and off and played this game in between breaks but now especially I can say the game is actually been improving for the better and I'm thoroughly enjoying myself. It had a very rough beginning and they deserve the shit they got but right now, they're pretty much getting soo much better. I'm just confused.

It's probably burnout + frustration over something that caused the rage-quit in this case.

SWTOR's a much better game these days, with a lot of features added and polished. Now we'll just have to see whether it lives up the hype they're building with all the "SWTOR's Big Year" talk. Well, for the fans at least - haters are always gonna hate.

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636
    Originally posted by Azaron_Nightblade

It's probably burnout + frustration over something that caused the rage-quit in this case.

SWTOR's a much better game these days, with a lot of features added and polished. Now we'll just have to see whether it lives up the hype they're building with all the "SWTOR's Big Year" talk. Well, for the fans at least - haters are always gonna hate.

I was actually stunned at how the OP was unable to articulate even one specific problem with SWTOR beyond a general sense of betrayal and a feeling that 2014 wasn't as good as 2013.  Usually when people write these sorts of things they have a long list of very specific grievances they've been nursing for months or even years.  It's almost shocking to see so little detail in one of these "I quit" posts... which makes me think the OP doesn't actually have a any specific problems with the game and will be back in a few months.

How about look at page 2 and read my evaluation of the "I Quit" thread.  Instead of making up ideas in your head.  Or just goto the thread yourself and read it.  Remember start at the end because that's the current posts and not the ones from 2 years ago.
  • CalgorCalgor Member Posts: 106
    Originally posted by reeereee

I was actually stunned at how the OP was unable to articulate even one specific problem with SWTOR beyond a general sense of betrayal and a feeling that 2014 wasn't as good as 2013.  Usually when people write these sorts of things they have a long list of very specific grievances they've been nursing for months or even years.  It's almost shocking to see so little detail in one of these "I quit" posts... which makes me think the OP doesn't actually have a any specific problems with the game and will be back in a few months.

Even more baffling considering the fact 2014 was a much, much better year for SWTOR than 2013. SoR is the best expansion they've had so far and the changes they made in 3.0 (outside of a few OP classes in PVP that will soon get introduced to the nerf bat) are the best to date.

Part of the issue, I believe, was the Slot machines for player's strongholds. It was super unbalanced because some of the rewards handed out with shocking regularity could be traded in for top end crafting mats and it started tanking the economy to the point that within days prices had dropped 50%, and were still falling on many items. People who never took the time to level up enough toons to do serious high end crafting and material gathering could now spend an hour and 50,000 credits to make enough items to gain them millions of credits on the GTN. BW of course looked at the metrics and severely nerfed the slot machines and many felt "betrayed". I think the problem was once they all got together and started commiserating on the forums demanding they be changed back, they kind of fed off each other and started believing that mob mentality rules so BW had to listen, consequences to the economy be damned. When it didn't happen their anger once again fed off each other and these types of I quit posts started popping up all over the place.

The thing they didn't realize is the vast majority of people who play games hardly ever go to the forums and those who do are generally the ones who have something to piss and moan about. So while they might have thought they were in the majority because the first 3 pages in the General Topics forum were nothing but slot machine bitching, the vast majority people were either happy with the changes or simply didn't care one way or the other.

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823
    Originally posted by reeereee

^ this .........