Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Tried to return and they ask for 200Gems for each Season 2 story quest?

15678911»

Comments

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by tryklon

Like the title says, this is ridiculous. Is this their idea of calling players back?

I bought the box, and stopped playing a month after simply because the game had many problems in that time. Now, after seeing that a new Xpansion is arriving I decided to reinstall and retry the game, only to see that I have to pay to play...

If you left a month after launch then you have no need to do those story quests.  Plenty of other things to do.  I also disagree with your premise that the game had many problems.  GW2 was one of the smoothest launched MMO's in history.

For the record, in a traditional MMO you'd have to spend $15 to come back so whats the deal with having to spend $3 for content?  Are you seriously going to say $15 is a better deal then $3?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230

Not to mention the ridicularity of launching events, which are world changing and part of the main story evolution, and not allow new and returning players to play them.... Don't this guys know how to program a simple phasing system? Are they that weak?

Is there any other game out there that completely leaves behind world changing events and not allow players to ever again see what happened?

I talk about this because Living Story Season 1 is completely left for dead. Not even paying (which is ridiculous) one can play it.

Warcraft has phasing, Elder Scrolls also, is there any other game out there that locks all the new player and returning ones in regard to what happened in the game story wise?

That's the idea behind the living world concept. The world and the story built around it is constantly changing and evolving. It just doesn't happen in every 1-2 years but almost every month to keep a loyal player base interested. Guess what? They even destroyed Lion's Arch that was GW2's main hub. All the NPCs in Tyria were talking about that disaster back then. The devs completely ruined the main city with all its features. Kessex Hills and some other zones have changed for good while episodes happened there. Actually most of the living world stuff was happening in the open world itself and not in instances. Instances are just additions to what happened in the past. They revamped dungeons and they even vanished a complete dungeon path in Twilight Arbor and replaced it with a new one. They even added permanent new zones that people still play and you can enjoy these zones for free as soon as you meet the level requirements. Or join a guild and try all the guild missions for free. Or even start the biggest world boss events at least once with all your guilds and see what guild has a suitable company for you.

But anyways... Good luck playing old WoW zones and quest lines that existed only until the Shattering happened with the introduction of Cataclysm expansion. You don't even have an option to replay them. Or even instanced content. Can you play the original lvl60 Naxxramas or old versions of low level dungeons on retail servers? You can't even enjoy lower level raid content since everyone's playing the new ones and people usually solo the old ones. Go play Garrisons then if you prefer that aproach with all the millions sitting in instances. I did it before and I was truly amazed by the people bashing GW2 for having jumping puzzles and Super Adventure Box. And guess what? The same people are praising Lord Bizarre to put Jumping Gimmicks into WoW. They are literally enjoying jumping against roughly modelled invisible collision objects while they're calling this content jumping puzzles.

You've got a quest from Blizzard: Log into WoW before last year's 30th September (last day of Q3 to boost sub numbers) to get the promised "free" chopper mount for free (1 month sub) when the expansion launched a month later. Otherwise you have to pay ingame gold for that mount.

Have you played Naxxramas in HearthStone? After GW2 S2 started Blizzard launched Naxx Q1 free for those logged in after launch. Sounds familiar?

I suppose GW2 is just not your game. You aren't really interested in the remaining unlockable instanced part of the story additions either. You are just upset that you don't get them for free and right now. It's pertty understandable though. You are just upset that you have to play the rest of the game to unlock them with ingame currency. How about considering the unlocks part of the end game content since they are for lvl80 characters? How about actually playing the game with a great and helpful community? How about joining your servers' teamspeak server to meet those guys that have fun in WvW? PvP? Sure you're not interested but complaining about a bit of an extra content that the loyal player base got for free. I understand you because I did the same when I last tried the latest WoW expac with really low expectations as a veteran returning player. And then I realised that WoW was not even a true MMO anymore and Blizzard did really lazy design decisions so the game became a playground for spoiled kids I had no desire to play or communicate with.

Don't get me wrong. You might be a great person in real life and I completely understand your point as a returning player but please understand that many of the players require some stuff that is not available in other MMOs. This changing world is a part of the list. Don't even bother to unlock the episodes anyways if you're not a fan of GW2. At least not a fan enough to enjoy the game while you get the gold required.

As a true fan of GW2 let me tell you a secret of mine: I haven't played along the full personal story on any of my lvl80 characters because I just didn't care. I still play and enjoy the game on a regular basis.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Vesavius

Why would I do that? Theres no shortage of other games to play...

Oh, great... Another guy who's only requirement for a game is that it is free. This mindset is a plague on the genre.

Look, you clearly wanted to play GW2, so it's clear that you like it. Do you not think games that you like and enjoy are worth your money?

Do you not want to see more of the type of game that you enjoy being made? Because that only happens when you put your money into the market.

Problem is its free for some and a fee for others. It should be free for all, or everyone should have to pay.

It is Free for All. you just had to log in during the events to be able to access them.

Look at it like this, some games will tell you to get bent if you missed episodic content.  At least GW2 gives you the option to spend a measly sum  (compared to a subscription) for the opportunity.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• RockardRockard Member UncommonPosts: 206

Are we talking about the same GW2 where you can buy Gems with Gold?
    Sorry op but /facepalm.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Just get somebody to invite you if you missed it. You pay nothing.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Vannor

Exactly, they hand out free gems. Even if no one bought any gems with cash you'd still be able to buy them with gold and vice versa. Only the rates are affected. If people are buying lots of gems with cash then it's cheaper to buy them with gold but you'd still be able to buy both no matter what, just at different rates.

The system makes it impossible to ever see something like 'no gems available' because ANet just create them on demand. as and when they are needed.

It is not if people are buying lots of gems with cash. It is if people are converting gems to gold.

Additionally there is a fee Anet charge in any transaction that basically allows to create a "reserve" of both gems and gold.

Obviously Anet will not allow the market to crash, like CCP will not allow the market to crash and will always create either ISK or PLEX.

Or like in real life central banks create more currency or buy assets.

That is true for any FIAT currency.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,500
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

Exactly, they hand out free gems. Even if no one bought any gems with cash you'd still be able to buy them with gold and vice versa. Only the rates are affected. If people are buying lots of gems with cash then it's cheaper to buy them with gold but you'd still be able to buy both no matter what, just at different rates.

The system makes it impossible to ever see something like 'no gems available' because ANet just create them on demand. as and when they are needed.

It is not if people are buying lots of gems with cash. It is if people are converting gems to gold.

Additionally there is a fee Anet charge in any transaction that basically allows to create a "reserve" of both gems and gold.

Obviously Anet will not allow the market to crash, like CCP will not allow the market to crash and will always create either ISK or PLEX.

I'm not sure you understand how either of these systems works, but it's not at all like you are implying.

In the case of EVE, players earn  the ISK and buy the Plex's to sell to those who have the ISK, CCP doesn't interject either directly into the game, nor do they change the prices, they let the market decide.

Same with the real world money supply, Federal gov'ts actually print the money, and totally control how much the money supply grows or shrinks with their spending habits. Sure, Central banks can help drive the prices of currency up or down some, but at the end of the day, the govt really decides the currencies fate.

Now to keep on topic, it's a silly argument, they gave the content away for free, if you weren't there to get it, you missed out, tough break but that's life.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    Originally posted by Gaia_Hunter

I'm not sure you understand how either of these systems works, but it's not at all like you are implying.

In the case of EVE, players earn  the ISK and buy the Plex's to sell to those who have the ISK, CCP doesn't interject either directly into the game, nor do they change the prices, they let the market decide.

Same with the real world money supply, Federal gov'ts actually print the money, and totally control how much the money supply grows or shrinks with their spending habits. Sure, Central banks can help drive the prices of currency up or down some, but at the end of the day, the govt really decides the currencies fate.

Now to keep on topic, it's a silly argument, they gave the content away for free, if you weren't there to get it, you missed out, tough break but that's life.

You say that the market decide in the yellow paragraph 1 and then say in paragraph 2 that the government decide and call it the same.

The truth is that is not a completely free market as Anet and CCP will not allow gems/PLEX to run out.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

Why would I do that? Theres no shortage of other games to play...

Well.......bye.

Seriously, if you are not willing to support a game that features new content without a sub then go elsewhere, why complain to us? We are fans of this game, I put money into it every month by choice. If you were looking for confirming you may want to go somewhere else.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!