Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Low Budget Jetpack

rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

A man flies hundreds of feet through the air using a jet pack of...... Compressed air?

I want to do this!

See the video here.

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server

Comments

• ScarisScaris Member UncommonPosts: 5,332

ErrrRRRR, I realy don't know what to say to that. That remains me of the asian gentlemen that decided to use one of their buddies as target practice for a roman candle!

I can't beleive he got that far off the ground!

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• SerienSerien Member CommonPosts: 8,460

Originally posted by Fadeus

ErrrRRRR, I realy don't know what to say to that. That remains me of the asian gentlemen that decided to use one of their buddies as target practice for a roman candle!
    I can't beleive he got that far off the ground!

he did look just a tad underweight to begin with image

Well after the load he probably dropped when he took off he is probably 10lbs. lighter now.

- Scaris

"What happened to you, Star Wars Galaxies? You used to look like Leia. Not quite gold bikini Leia (more like bad-British-accent-and-cinnamon-bun-hair Leia), but still Leia nonetheless. Now you look like Chewbacca." - Computer Gaming World

• methane47methane47 Member CommonPosts: 3,701

That crap just isn't real...
    If you guys believed it was then that was sad...
    First off when he took off the compressed air actually did push him... up a little bit..
    But because of how he was positioned it pushed him more downwards. that is until the string or rope that we dont see restricted his downward motion and then turned it into haphazard spinning...

Upward propulsion is alot harder and it takes alot more energy than a couple bottles of compressed air.
    and besides that... you also need guidance.

Welll... then again.. the force IS strong within the orient ::::28::

What's your Wu Name?
    Donovan --> Wu Name = Violent Knight
    Methane47 --> Wu Name = Thunderous Leader
    "Some people call me the walking plank, 'cuz any where you go... Death is right behind you.."
    <i>ME<i>

Originally posted by methane47
    That crap just isn't real...
    If you guys believed it was then that was sad...
    First off when he took off the compressed air actually did push him... up a little bit..
    But because of how he was positioned it pushed him more downwards. that is until the string or rope that we dont see restricted his downward motion and then turned it into haphazard spinning...

Upward propulsion is alot harder and it takes alot more energy than a couple bottles of compressed air.
    and besides that... you also need guidance.

Well goodmorning Mr. Grumpy!

- Scaris

• KiamdeKiamde Member CommonPosts: 5,820

He has a point. It has got to be fake. First, his trajectory is off. Spinning that much would cause him to plummet to the water in seconds. Next, it is not physically possible. He would need over 2400 newtons of force to lift him that high. From air, yeah right.

"Whoever controls the media controls the mind..-'Jim Morrison"

"When decorum is repression, the only dignity free men have is to speak out." ~Abbie Hoffman

• DekronDekron Member UncommonPosts: 7,359

But you seem to forget, it is magic Asian anime compressed air with a few Hy-Dokens thrown in. ::::39::

• rathmarathma Member UncommonPosts: 3,786

Real or fake, I will find a way to do this..

::::23::

http://www.OriginNow.com - Official Fanboi

EverQuest II : Level 20 Paladin - Antonia Bayle Server
  • mister_GuSmister_GuS Member Posts: 811

I MUST TRY THIS!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Riggy for shissy:
    Pent 4 2.66
    1 GIG ram
    Radeon X850XT Platinum Edition
    120 gigs of HD

REMEMBER: He who hates the beaner, Will loose his WIENER!

• Originally posted by rathma

Already been done... for real.... in America. Years ago, during a halftime show at one of the Superbowels, a guy in a Jet Pack lifted off. He went maybe 50 feet high, hovered, and was able to control where he went. The compressed gases/fuel got used up very quick! But if he had say... a looong hose attached to his jet pack, he probably could stay airborne for hours and hours! image
  • FinweFinwe Member CommonPosts: 3,106

Originally posted by xplororor

Originally posted by rathma

Already been done... for real.... in America. Years ago, during a halftime show at one of the Superbowels, a guy in a Jet Pack lifted off. He went maybe 50 feet high, hovered, and was able to control where he went. The compressed gases/fuel got used up very quick! But if he had say... a looong hose attached to his jet pack, he probably could stay airborne for hours and hours! image

Hrm...I was even under the impression that they created a type of jetpack that would be commercially acceptable. Consumed little fuel, and was elevated by two gargantuous turbines about a arms length out, on each side.

"The greatest trick the devil played on humanity in the 20th century was convincing them that he didn't exist." (Paraphrasing) C.S. Lewis

"If a mother can kill her own child, what is left before I kill you and you kill me?" -Mother Teresa when talking about abortion after accepting the Nobel Peace Prize in 1979