Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Will MMMORPG.com step up with the loss of Massively/Joystiq?

RhimeRhime Member UncommonPosts: 283

Since we are losing what was arguably the best MMO reporting site on the 'Net due to some douchebags at AOL and many great writers on all things MMO, will this site step up to become the go to site?

I have been coming here for many years and consider this site to be great in its on respects, but has always stayed a close second to Massively in writing and generating buzz in all aspects of MMO gaming news.

I urge you guys to step up your game as I'm sure the flood of disgruntled readers and gamers that are sure to come here looking for thoughtful, educated write-ups is about to hit hard.

Good Luck and RiP Massively. 

Comments

• FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

That would mean they would have to cut back on the troll bait columns. And those trigger a lot of hits.

• nebb1234nebb1234 Member Posts: 242
    dat new layout will do wonders. Waiting and waiting... plus new forums soon
  • madazzmadazz Member RarePosts: 2,107
    "Dat". That is what is becoming of this forum.
  • CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by madazz
    "Dat". That is what is becoming of this forum.

You missed the "doe" at the end, "tho".

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• gorro187gorro187 Member UncommonPosts: 234
    If you were unaware/uniformed Massively isn't going away. They have a kickstarter up. And they are becoming Massively OP.
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

There's really only 3 problems with this site.

1. It's an eyesore and more difficult to find quality information then it should be.

2. The rating system and hype meter are horrible. Find another way to gauge a games actual quality. I remember Vanguard being near the top of the ratings system for years and that is just absurd.

3. Mods are too bias, not enough accountability for who they ban and for what reasons. They will ban people for negativity toward their favorite games and leave obvious trolling untouched for others. It's silly.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

It's just another sign that the days of the MMO as a super-market are in decline.. the MMO was always going to be a bubble, a fad, here today, gone tomorrow.. and then we'll be back to the glory days of real mmos instead of these nonsense casual mmos that are just the industry trying to money grab as the flavor of the day.. Well the day is over. Deal with it. Maybe the next iteration will be the large scale multiplayer versions of games, like h1z1 style

• VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    Originally posted by randomt

It's just another sign that the days of the MMO as a super-market are in decline.. the MMO was always going to be a bubble, a fad, here today, gone tomorrow.. and then we'll be back to the glory days of real mmos instead of these nonsense casual mmos that are just the industry trying to money grab as the flavor of the day.. Well the day is over. Deal with it. Maybe the next iteration will be the large scale multiplayer versions of games, like h1z1 style

Yeah, but once the "super" is gone away from the market, how many current MMO "fans" will stick around for the indie genesis? The big name hyper HD 50000 x 50000 resolution triple A games will cease to exist for a while as the large companies release the fad and race towards the next one and I don't think the spoiled MMO playerbase is ready to fully embrace an all indie selection.

Chances are most will just stick to WoW as Blizzard continues to make bank from it, and it once again will be the only profitable MMO.

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220

Originally posted by Vyeth
    Yeah, but once the "super" is gone away from the market, how many current MMO "fans" will stick around for the indie genesis? The big name hyper HD 50000 x 50000 resolution triple A games will cease to exist for a while as the large companies release the fad and race towards the next one and I don't think the spoiled MMO playerbase is ready to fully embrace an all indie selection.Chances are most will just stick to WoW as Blizzard continues to make bank from it, and it once again will be the only profitable MMO.

Once then, we'll be back to the days where 250,000 players is considered a good number, instead of 10 million players that these casual console-game type mmos are trying to attain. These casuals are about a short subscription time and then getting the player to buy the next game, and then the next and so on, in the same way console games work.. there is no real imperative to retain players over long term, unlike the oldschool mmos