Quantcast

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

You asked,perhaps this is it?

WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 17,882

I have seen a lot of people asking what is the next big thing or the future of gaming.Well we already have VR and Voxels now Microsoft is getting into it with Holograms.

Two articles/videos talking about Microsoft 10 events.

Video 1 This is basically technical stuff adding to the PC and console gaming experience through apps and such.

video 2

Holograms is an amazing idea IF it works in reality.I see it as taking a lot of extra work for a developer to use this idea in their game.I see a possible application is to add your real person in game then being able to manipulate objects using in game tools with your player in game.

In closing this is going to  be really tough to pull off because typical game developers are  not going to have the  knowledge of this application like Microsoft employees on this project do.SO are devs going to train some people to work with this and will they devote several employees to make applications work inside of games?Sadly i don't think this will be a reality fro quite some time,we  have already seen devs are cutting corners on game design and not pushing the genre forward.

Let's hope there are a few aggressive developers out there willing to make this happen,we do not need anymore 2D side scroll games flooding the market.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.