Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The start is really really weird compared to release (first impressions)

2»

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802
    Originally posted by askdaboss

Apparently also the storyline has been messed around with, and now some parts don't make much sense any more for new players (as in: events do not happen necessarily in their chronological order any more.

Was about to ask you for a source for this but asked a friend about it first.

Apparently they removed the whole "your greatest fear" scenario. I can't say anything else about this other than: this is plain stupid.

Tonn is one of the few side characters people actually grew fond of.

Harbinger of Fools
  • GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by TheScavenger

I tried doing exploration at level 1 in Divinity's Reach, and I spent 3 hour trying to find every little landmark...view points are pretty easy to find...but after 3 hours, I still had no idea where most of the other landmarks were.

It is interesting to see people complaining how the game was "dumbed down", yet it seems it wasn't "dumbed down" enough for some :)

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by TheScavenger

At release, I got the first trait way faster if I recall...now its all the way up to level 13 (okay so not that bad, but I recall it being a lot quicker...maybe this part I'm wrong. It could coincide with...)

Can't do map exploration, because a lot of the landmarks (the little square things on the map) usually need a pinpoint location to stand on...so I end up running all around trying to get it.

At release, I could just focus 100% on exploration to level and did really good at it

Can't do personal story quests until WAY later, my #1 favorite thing to do alongside exploration

At release you could do personal story right from the very beginning

Crafting was and is pretty useless early on, most items I outlevel so fast anyway so its best to do it endgame when it matters and I can afford it...same at release really.

So what is there to do?

Run around doing hearts, because events in Charr area seem really rare (my favorite area to explore in...or was anyway)

So all I'm doing is hearts...my #1 least favorite part of the game

And if I'm lucky, I get an occasional event

They really nerfed everything from release for low levels. Can't explore, can't do story...just hearts and the occasional event if I'm lucky to catch it

I'll keep playing I guess, but so far I'm utterly bored...

So you play a game that runs terrible on your machine, doing things that you don't like to do, and are continuing to play despite being utterly bored. 

I highly recommend that you move on and play a different game. You are obviously not happy with GW2, so quit and do something else. 

People like myself, enjoy the game for it's beauty, subtle complexities, and interactive gameplay. People like yourself, aren't cut from the same mold, and you need "different" gameplay mechanics. It's just not your class of game, so don't deny yourself the right to play something more suitable to you.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    Originally posted by Dakeru
    Originally posted by Viper482

No one really said that the changes were all that great.

However, they raised the exp you get up to level 20 so if you feel bored already just from trying to reach that, then this is probably not the right game for you.

That's absurd. I have every class maxed out except one prior to these changes and i could not stomach the new system for leveling my last class.....is the game not for me either???

If you have that many then you could simply use a level 20 scroll to bypass the restrictions?

I disagree that this affects only up to level 20.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • CriticKittenCriticKitten Member UncommonPosts: 47
    Originally posted by askdaboss

Apparently also the storyline has been messed around with, and now some parts don't make much sense any more for new players (as in: events do not happen necessarily in their chronological order any more.

Was about to ask you for a source for this but asked a friend about it first.

Apparently they removed the whole "your greatest fear" scenario. I can't say anything else about this other than: this is plain stupid.

Tonn is one of the few side characters people actually grew fond of.

Wait seriously?  ....why?

I mean, it wasn't exactly the strongest part of the Personal Story, but why tamper with it at all? O.o

• askdabossaskdaboss Member UncommonPosts: 631

Apparently, they've listened to user feedback and they are fixing the story. Better do it now, before the actual Xpack which could pull more people in.

https://forum-en.guildwars2.com/forum/game/gw2/My-Greatest-Fear-Plotline/page/12#post4787853