Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PFO loses CM just a few weeks into Early Enrollment...

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983

...probably not a good sign.

https://goblinworks.com/forum/topic/1435/

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• HycooHycoo Member UncommonPosts: 217
    Could be both good and bad. Im sure she will be replaced?

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517
    Another founder pack scam game. Zzzz
    When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722

Company X losses a janitor, company probably not doing well...

:D

Sad to see people losing jobs, good luck to Jane Snow in her future, but i dont see how losing one CM affects game development.

Im not following this game at all so i do not know their current status.

• Fanndis_GoldbraidFanndis_Goldbraid Member UncommonPosts: 53

While I liked working with the CM, her absence is noticed in communications (or lack of her communications, she was a nice person and pleasant to work with), but there has not been a noticeable change in the game or other interactions with the company, the forums, or customer service.

The game is still on pace and the next release is on schedule. As far as the game is concerned, so far, so good.

As far as the CM is concerned, no idea what happened, but I wish her the best!

• wmmarcellinowmmarcellino Member UncommonPosts: 94
    No hate towards Bonny, but I have no idea what value she brought.  Sounds like a smart business decision.

Do the RIGHT THING: come be a Paladin with us! http://ozemsvigil.guildlaunch.com/

• BluddwolfBluddwolf Member UncommonPosts: 355

Well, I think one issue was that she and Ryan Dancey were / are a bit too cozy with one or two of the player groups in the game.  I'm not saying that had anything to do with her either leaving or being let go, just saying.

As for what message does it possibly say, I think the lack of an influx of new players with the start of Month 2 of Early Enrollement says a lot more.  The low server population has to be getting them nervous.  

Played: E&B, SWG, Eve, WoW, COH, WAR, POTBS, AOC, LOTRO, AUTO.A, AO, FE, TR, WWII, MWO, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, NWO, WoP, RUST, LIF, SOA, MORTAL, DFUW, AA, TF, PFO, ALBO, and many many others....

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Hmm this doesn't look like a scandal or pressure,it seems more like she might have a better paying option on the table.

The only down sign to all of these when they happen,is the quiet secrets behind them.If the reason for leaving was simple no drama of any kind,i am sure we would hear why,but when you say nothing it sort of leaves a cloud of suspicion.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by Bluddwolf

Well, I think one issue was that she and Ryan Dancey were / are a bit too cozy with one or two of the player groups in the game.  I'm not saying that had anything to do with her either leaving or being let go, just saying.

As for what message does it possibly say, I think the lack of an influx of new players with the start of Month 2 of Early Enrollement says a lot more.  The low server population has to be getting them nervous.  

yeah well they are selling in game assets for substantial cash while trying to maintain a sub (even in early access). that coupled with very little actual advertising outside of their website explains the lack of influx. from seeing footage of the game and watching a friend play on occasion....its looks very middle of the road when compared to it competition, and the business model as a whole doesn't seem to fit.

but i think the CM leaving is more along the lines of inter-office politics though, because she really has no effect on development.

• PottedPlant22PottedPlant22 Member RarePosts: 800

She lost her job because she was horrible at it.  She never communicated with the community.  She never promoted or stream the game really.  She did her adventure time only a few times.  She knew nothing about the game.  She talked about other games more than her own game that she was CM for.  Go check her social media.  She just was bad at her job.  She might be a great person, but it's possible to lose your job for not being good.  Or not taking it seriously enough.

As for the lack of people and business model?  That's spot on.  Charging 50 bucks and 15 bucks for a sub right now is insane.  What they are guaranteeing with their idiotic model is that all the backers will drop when their sub runs out.  Some will keep it going, but who the F would pay for this game right now for 50 bucks and 1 month sub included?  That's how much you pay for a finished game.  It's completely mad.