Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for SWG type game...

MatchuMatchu Member UncommonPosts: 24

Yes I'm an old SWG vet that is looking for a game that has some of the aspects of the Pre-NGE game...

Specifically...I want:

- Sandbox style

- Player Housing

- Robust crafting system

- Either item decay or limitied player looting (prefer the former)

- Happy to entertain early access/beta game

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Comments

• ThornrageThornrage Member UncommonPosts: 659

"I don't give a sh*t what other people say. I play what I like and I'll pay to do it too!" - SerialMMOist

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

If you can stomach zombies and perma-death H1Z1 is not a bad pick... But it is still in alpha so it is... rough... to put it mildly.

Elswise i guess the "homage" *cough*ripoff*cough* the repopulation is the natural choice.

This have been a good conversation

• SorcerousKhanSorcerousKhan Member UncommonPosts: 164
    Originally posted by Matchu

Yes I'm an old SWG vet that is looking for a game that has some of the aspects of the Pre-NGE game...

Specifically...I want:

- Sandbox style

- Player Housing

- Robust crafting system

- Either item decay or limitied player looting (prefer the former)

- Happy to entertain early access/beta game

Many thanks for any suggestions!

Fellow SWG veteran here. I was once a dedicated crafter (Architect/Shipwright), if that helps.

The Repopulation is probably the closest to SWG currently. Its combat system is markedly different from SWG's, but the crafting system feels good, even if it's not quite the same.

Crowfall has direct inspiration from SWG, and two veterans of SWG development (Raph Koster and Thomas Blair) are helping to design several of its systems. It promises item decay and the option to be a pure crafter. Crowfall isn't out yet, though, and is fantasy-themed. Here's an article about its crafting: http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/game/1214/feature/9325/Crowfall-Building-Upon-Star-Wars-Galaxies-Crafting.html

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919
    You didn't mention genre. If you are not bothered then LotR meets all of the above. FF games as well.
  • Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    Like everyone else is saying The Repopulation, or the SWG emulator is nice, it usually has around 1k+ people online and is pre nge. The repopulation is incredibly similar but it just is really buggy at the moment being in alpha and all.
  • GenetikCodeGenetikCode Member UncommonPosts: 48

You do know SWG is still going.. ok its by fans (swgemu) and its not quite upto the standards of pre-nge when it was run by sony,, but its pretty close, but the memories flood back while playing it now.

sorry just seen above post,, doh!!