Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The PTS IS UP!!! 37GB download :(

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
Well the PTS is up and running but im currently stuck with the 37GB download before I can play it.  Anyone playing and have any thoughts so far?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101

Not sure if this will work but when I switched from North America to EU initially it looked like I might have to download the whole client again. What I did was this

http://www.gameskinny.com/85tfx/elder-scrolls-online-how-to-change-servers-on-pc-with-pictures

Chamber of Chains
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

I will do this now.  Because its a newer version IDK if it will work will update if it does.

OK that does not work.  The client isn't made to update the current version so it wont do it.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

I've been in there for a while but there are some growing pains. I have 2 of my characters that can't get past the "requesting log-in" loading screen but my other 6 can log in and out just fine.

As luck would have it, one of the 2 I can't log in is the one I actually want to play :)  A brand new level 4 sorcerer I just made to test the improved pets and other changes. She was loading fine until I assigned champion points then can't log in after that.

One immediate change that is a bit disconcerting is that all the stats have been multiplied X 10. Something that did 60 damage before now does 600, and a mob that had 1,000 health before now has 10,000

The game seems a bit more responsive too - especially moving things in and out of the bank and anything else related to the inventory. Mats now stack up to 200 instead of 100 which helps with bank space.

All vanity pets now go into the new "collections" interface also freeing up bag and bank space.

One of the nicest things about the provisioning revamp is that they cut down on the number of similar items that were only good for making food and drink of a certain level. Now the same common materials are used in different recipes for different levels cutting back drastically on the storage space required

Both first person and third person views have been improved as well. 1st person now has a slider controlling the amount of head bobbing you want from 0 to 100. The 3rd person view now has tweakable x and y axes positioning as well as the FOV slider.

Lots of big and small changes. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by Iselin

One immediate change that is a bit disconcerting is that all the stats have been multiplied X 10. Something that did 60 damage before now does 600, and a mob that had 1,000 health before now has 10,000

A very interesting change, indeed. They are trying to be attractive to a new group of players. It's just way cooler if they can say they "rekt" or "pwned" someone with 12,450 damage than 1,245 damage.

Usually game designers try to avoid this because it just get's silly when end bosses have 300 million HP and you do 999999 damage per hit. 

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    Originally posted by Iselin

Mats now stack up to 200 instead of 100 which helps with bank space.

All vanity pets now go into the new "collections" interface also freeing up bag and bank space.

One of the nicest things about the provisioning revamp is that they cut down on the number of similar items that were only good for making food and drink of a certain level. Now the same common materials are used in different recipes for different levels cutting back drastically on the storage space required

Both first person and third person views have been improved as well. 1st person now has a slider controlling the amount of head bobbing you want from 0 to 100. The 3rd person view now has tweakable x and y axes positioning as well as the FOV slider.

Lots of big and small changes. 

Very nice changes. I had problems with headaches when I betaed the game but that has gone away now so they must have improved it way back but they are improving it some more, the third person view and FOV which is great to know.

I guess they are using a completely new client then which is actually good news.

Chamber of Chains
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Ok finally got in and had fun looking at the skills and champion system.  Your mount is now in its own tab with pets and such.  I had fun running around trying to steal from npc's.  Got killed a few times and assassinated a few for lols.  Looks like its heading in the right direction.  You can sell the stolen items at certain places but I never tried it.  You can also just kill the npc and take their stuff instead of stealing it.