Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game needs a way to save builds...

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Eespescially with the upcomming expansion and character customisation becoming deeper with more choices it would be logicall to give the players the option to save their builds including gear and looks... 

And if they allow players to store 2 PvE/WvW builds And 2 PvP builds for free, and then sell more slots trough the shop, they can make some money with the feature too..

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I'm not sure why they don't do this.  It's been requested since beta, but they ignore the issue altogether.  It's quite surprising since GW1 had this feature.  It gets really annoying having to switch out traits, weapons, utilities, etc... especially when experimenting with different roles.  Not many MMO's have this feature either, so it would actually be a good marketing ploy.
  • Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by observer
    I'm not sure why they don't do this.  It's been requested since beta, but they ignore the issue altogether.  It's quite surprising since GW1 had this feature.  It gets really annoying having to switch out traits, weapons, utilities, etc... especially when experimenting with different roles.  Not many MMO's have this feature either, so it would actually be a good marketing ploy.

I dont understand it either, espescially since they can make money with features like this....

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• YaevinduskYaevindusk Member RarePosts: 2,094

Some have said that they're purposely not implementing features GW1 had so as to distance themselves from it.  GW1 had hour long missions, deep lore and a dark story with fantastic writing and in game cutscenes with each mission (and 8 players working together).  GW2 has quick missions with two characters talking before and after with what many consider to be bad overall writing (though it's a matter of personal taste; most people don't even pay attention to story, it seems).  Gw1 is challenging, GW2 is easy and accessible, etc.  Gw1 had tanks and healers, GW2 has zergs and respawning quickly to beat down something.  Gw1 has capes, Gw2 has tabards.  GW1 was story focused and instance based, GW2 allows people in the same area with less emphasis on story, but rather things happening around you that have little relevance to your story.  Gw1 was about building your class / dual class as well as later on seven hero units you could control (equipping them with skills / runes / outfits to synergize and compliment), Gw2 has a single character whereby a weapon decides what your main skills are and you don't have to think.  GW1 had thousands of skills, GW2 has a dozen or two utility skills to unlock.  They originally did not want any of the classes to be named anything that GW1 did, as well.  Though Warriors are warriors no matter what they're called; mesmers were screamed for repeatedly and necromancers just sound cool.  Etc.  Etc.  It's hard to find anything that they have that is the same... even expansions weren't a thing until three years later.  Some of the changes may be good, others not so much.  Not being able to save such things would likely be placed in the "not so much" area.  They wanted to completely reinvent the wheel with the second game as opposed to have any resemblance and have it be called Guild Wars 1.5.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I dont understand it either, espescially since they can make money with features like this....

That sounds like a feature to me.  Are we interested in having them sell game systems and features now?  Unless I'm misunderstanding and need elaboration.

Due to frequent travel in my youth, English isn't something I consider my primary language (and thus I obtained quirky ways of writing).  German and French were always easier for me despite my family being U.S. citizens for over a century.  Spanish I learned as a requirement in school, Japanese and Korean I acquired for my youthful desire of anime and gaming (and also work now).  I only debate in English to help me work with it (and limit things).  In addition, I'm not smart enough to remain fluent in everything and typically need exposure to get in the groove of things again if I haven't heard it in a while.  If you understand Mandarin, I know a little, but it has actually been a challenge and could use some help.

Also, I thoroughly enjoy debates and have accounts on over a dozen sites for this.  If you wish to engage in such, please put effort in a post and provide sources -- I will then do the same with what I already wrote (if I didn't) as well as with my responses to your own.  Expanding my information on a subject makes my stance either change or strengthen the next time I speak of it or write a thesis.  Allow me to thank you sincerely for your time.
  • WyckedWycked Member UncommonPosts: 14
    I would really like to see this in gw 2 as well, thats one thing i liked about gw 1 i mean you didnt have to spend so much time switching builds remembering where you had your points just pop it on and go.

*Azure's*

*If it's called common sense, why is it so rare?*

• SixliSixli Member UncommonPosts: 14
    Builds can be changed on the fly. What more do you need?
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Explain on the fly, imagine you have 5 builds with a wide mixture of train and skill combinations.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

Originally posted by Yaevindusk

Some have said that they're purposely not implementing features GW1 had so as to distance themselves from it.  GW1 had hour long missions, deep lore and a dark story with fantastic writing and in game cutscenes with each mission (and 8 players working together).  GW2 has quick missions with two characters talking before and after with what many consider to be bad overall writing (though it's a matter of personal taste; most people don't even pay attention to story, it seems).  Gw1 is challenging, GW2 is easy and accessible, etc.  Gw1 had tanks and healers, GW2 has zergs and respawning quickly to beat down something.  Gw1 has capes, Gw2 has tabards.  GW1 was story focused and instance based, GW2 allows people in the same area with less emphasis on story, but rather things happening around you that have little relevance to your story.  Gw1 was about building your class / dual class as well as later on seven hero units you could control (equipping them with skills / runes / outfits to synergize and compliment), Gw2 has a single character whereby a weapon decides what your main skills are and you don't have to think.  GW1 had thousands of skills, GW2 has a dozen or two utility skills to unlock.  They originally did not want any of the classes to be named anything that GW1 did, as well.  Though Warriors are warriors no matter what they're called; mesmers were screamed for repeatedly and necromancers just sound cool.  Etc.  Etc.  It's hard to find anything that they have that is the same... even expansions weren't a thing until three years later.  Some of the changes may be good, others not so much.  Not being able to save such things would likely be placed in the "not so much" area.  They wanted to completely reinvent the wheel with the second game as opposed to have any resemblance and have it be called Guild Wars 1.5.

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

That sounds like a feature to me.  Are we interested in having them sell game systems and features now?  Unless I'm misunderstanding and need elaboration.

A) that was their orriginal strategy, but now everyone knows the games are fundamentaly different, they should look back and pick up the good things..

B) this is a win/win the company gets better from it, and players are happy with it, i as a player realise companies need to make money and am prepared to pay for this kind of stuff

Originally posted by Sixli
    Builds can be changed on the fly. What more do you need?

Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Explain on the fly, imagine you have 5 builds with a wide mixture of train and skill combinations.

Bladestorm is right,  running around with equipment for 7 builds, and having to change every little detail takes time, a lot of time, taking away from the fun of respeccing...  If a dungeon requires me to perform different roles in different fights, thats okay with me, but i dont like it when the group needs to wayt full five minutes for me..

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

/signed

Its one of those must have features now.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe