Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF Sandboxy MMO

Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136

Hey all! I'm looking for a sandboxy MMO while waiting for ESO's Update 6. Here's the criteria:

1) It must be either a sandbox or a sandpark.

2) Must be story-driven and have story-focused quests. Exception is SWTOR as while its voice acting and characters are good, the quests themselves are piss poor imo.

3) Must be F2P. I will CONSIDER B2P but I'm not sticking around forever. I am NOT going for Archeage, for too many reasons to list.

4) Must have large-scale, open-world, capture bases/keeps PvP. Again, no Archeage.

5) Immersion, immersion, immersion!

6) Voice acting, please. I don't mind if it doesn't have voice acting but it would be highly preferred.

7) Not a super-important requirement, but a dark/gritty art style similar to ESO's would be preferred. However, I'm not going for something so bright that ESO's Future would be jealous, and so cartoony that Wildstar would be envious.

8) Must have action combat similar to ESO or Tera. I'm not a fan of tab-targeting.

I hope that this exists e.e I have a feeling that it doesn't...

Comments

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,065
    ESO is probably as close as you can possibly get to that right now. Sorry.
    Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • dreamscaperdreamscaper Member UncommonPosts: 1,592
    The only game that really comes to my mind when looking at that list is Guild Wars 2.

<3

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Eso is as close as you will get to that, unfortunately it's pretty poorly done, but it's your only option. If you're willing to pay for it, World of Warcraft is a great choice, but again you have to pay a sub fee, but it's worth it if you want to dig into a game, create or be a part of an mmo community and become totally immersed.
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    It sounds like you want ESO, because of the whole voice acting thing. I know, reading is just so hard and unimmersive ;P

Oh! You can also try real life and doing hard core crime! That'd fit most your criteria! It's even so immersive that there are consequences for your actions. And when your 'character' is jailed it makes all interaction afterwards much more difficult!

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

• Overlord_NeizirOverlord_Neizir Member UncommonPosts: 136

Hm, I thought as much :/

I was thinking TSW, but it lacks the PvP and action combat. It seems to pretty much match all the other criteria, however. Can anyone recommend it? 

Originally posted by Electro057
    It sounds like you want ESO, because of the whole voice acting thing. I know, reading is just so hard and unimmersive ;P Oh! You can also try real life and doing hard core crime! That'd fit most your criteria! It's even so immersive that there are consequences for your actions. And when your 'character' is jailed it makes all interaction afterwards much more difficult!

1) Did you read the bit where I said I didn't mind if it didn't have voice acting?

2) Where did I mention a crime system? ESO to my knowledge is the only MMO that has a crime system, anyway, so what would be the point of putting it there? Besides, I couldn't really care less about a crime system :P It's really nice to have but it doesn't matter if the particular game I'm looking for has it or not.

• SkellybonesSkellybones Member UncommonPosts: 85
    your all missing out on a open world sandbox full loot pvp game!  DARKFALL UNHOLY WARS should go and check it out !
  • Electro057Electro057 Member UncommonPosts: 683
    Originally posted by Overlord_Neizir

Originally posted by Electro057
    It sounds like you want ESO, because of the whole voice acting thing. I know, reading is just so hard and unimmersive ;P Oh! You can also try real life and doing hard core crime! That'd fit most your criteria! It's even so immersive that there are consequences for your actions. And when your 'character' is jailed it makes all interaction afterwards much more difficult!

1) Did you read the bit where I said I didn't mind if it didn't have voice acting?

2) Where did I mention a crime system? ESO to my knowledge is the only MMO that has a crime system, anyway, so what would be the point of putting it there? Besides, I couldn't really care less about a crime system :P It's really nice to have but it doesn't matter if the particular game I'm looking for has it or not.

Oh I caught it but voice acting combined with immersive and meaningful quests, along with dark and hi-fidelity or "non-cartoony" graphics really narrows it down. The secret world might work for you but it's rather unimmersive in my books, more along the lines of amusing and tongue in cheek. It does howecer have "dark" and realistic graphics, but the textures and sheen make everything look kike putty. And I just consider consequences for your actions true immersion, in that so many games have you doing things that would change the world....but they don't. And they try to ignore the fact that NPC#777 has asked 9000 players to fetch the same sword from the same cave.

--Custom Rig: Pyraxis---
    NZXT Phantom 410 Case
    Intel Core i5-4690 Processor - Quad Core, 6MB Smart Cache, 3.5GHz
    Asus Sabertooth Z87 Motherboard
    Asus GeForce GTX 760 Video Card - 2GB GDDR5, PCI-Express 3.0
    Kingston HyperX Fury Blue 16GB

Originally posted by Skellybones
    your all missing out on a open world sandbox full loot pvp game!  DARKFALL UNHOLY WARS should go and check it out !

Yeah I was looking at Darkfall and I found it REALLY interesting but unfortunately I can't play it because I'm already paying my subscription for ESO, and I can only commit to 1 subscription MMO at a time. Is there a 30-day free period upon purchase? I didn't see anything like that. Shame, because I'd actually love to play it.