Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Uhm Mortal Online is already out.

filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
So like the Wurm online post I have to say this game is exactly like Mortal online.  Except Mortal online has better graphics.  So why play this game instead of Mortal Online?
Are you onto something or just on something?

Comments

• skeaserskeaser Member RarePosts: 4,181
    Originally posted by filmoret
    So like the Wurm online post I have to say this game is exactly like Mortal online.  Except Mortal online has better graphics.  So why play this game instead of Mortal Online?

Because Mortal Online was a complete scam and cash grab by a dishonest, incompetent company. Source: I got the pre-order limited numbered edition sitting in a box in the attic.

Sig so that badges don't eat my posts.

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    So downloading a game for free and paying 14$ a month is a scam and cash grab?  You can play the game for free but you wont be as strong as the subs.  Freeloaders aren't suppose to be as strong as those who are paying their way.  So what is this game offering that Mortal Online isn't?  Unless they get a major graphics overhaul it looks like a game out of the 90's.  At least Mortal Online looks 2005ish.
  • OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

1) Life is Feudal isn't an MMO like Mortal Online is.

2) LiF is way less buggy.

3) You can have control over who plays and who doesn't.

4) You don't have corrupt GMs and a corrupt game owner who openly lets certain guilds cheat, warp each other around, and know all of the info on updates before anybody else.

5) It's not sub based.

6) It's a better game overall.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140

Mortal Online is a cesspool- from the corrupt CEO,to cheating GMs and "favorite Guilds"- Its a mess. Not only a buggy mess but a corrupt mess as well.

MO has BEEN out- Most o fthe sandbox lovers who bought the game have left over the last 4 years of broken promises,corruption and poor programming. The  community that is left is toxic as hell.

I dont know about LIF but MO has been the worst MMO I have ever played and I love sandbox games. I will try LIF after its actually released- Tired of paying to alpha test or whatever.

Originally posted by OhhPaigey

4) You don't have corrupt GMs and a corrupt game owner who openly lets certain guilds cheat, warp each other around, and know all of the info on updates before anybody else.

5) It's not sub based.

1. So you are saying LIF is a huge instanced pvp zone with crafting and castle building?  How is this even possible?

2.  It hasn't even launched its full of bugs.

3.  Do you host the servers or something?

4.  How do you know?

5. you cant try before you buy

6.  Its basically the same game

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by OhhPaigey

5) It's not sub based.

1. So you are saying LIF is a huge instanced pvp zone with crafting and castle building?  How is this even possible?

4.  How do you know?

Does Discord also pay off cheaters in 'game gold' to go along with a pretend bans so the community thinks cheaters were punished? Is it as easy to dupe gold and keep the gold (and not be banned) in LIF? Do some guilds have GMS interfering with wars since they happen to be associated with said guild? Man...I could go on and on and on but there are 4 years of forum posts (some are comedy gold) right hereon mmorpg.com which details every event in the history of MO since beta. Most entertaining sub forum ever... Sadly, its dead now because MO isnt even funny anymore...Just empty and sad.

ButI agree- Everyone should play this game and check it out. Its free.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

4.  How do you know?

Is this supposed to be a serious response? I don't even....

I suggest you do a little homework on the subject. You seem very ignorant in regard to the actual facts about what LiF is and what people already know about it - as well as MOs storied history of repeated corruption and scandal.

Blind fanboyism, so absurd.

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by filmoret 1. So you are saying LIF is a huge instanced pvp zone with crafting and castle building?  How is this even possible? 2.  It hasn't even launched its full of bugs. 3.  Do you host the servers or something? 4.  How do you know? 5. you cant try before you buy 6.  Its basically the same game
    Is this supposed to be a serious response? I don't even.... I suggest you do a little homework on the subject. You seem very ignorant in regard to the actual facts about what LiF is and what people already know about it - as well as MOs storied history of repeated corruption and scandal. Blind fanboyism, so absurd.  
    How about you list something that is actually different?

So for those who think the gm's are corrupt  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/corrupt-gms-and-bad-pr.110741/#post-1913233 The last post explains that the gm's aren't even allowed to play the game. So why would they be so concerned with cheating if they don't even play the game?

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

So for those who think the gm's are corrupt  http://www.mortalonline.com/forums/threads/corrupt-gms-and-bad-pr.110741/#post-1913233 The last post explains that the gm's aren't even allowed to play the game. So why would they be so concerned with cheating if they don't even play the game?

Why would I waste my time listing anything?

You're the one who needs to be better informed on the subject, not me. Feel free to go perform your own research, I'm not doing it for you.

I've been following this situation since beta, and I was a veteran member of KOTO for years. I am a veteran MO player who has seen the corruption first hand, repeatedly. I've probably put more time into the game than you have spent on most games you've ever played combined.

MO having corrupt GMs and Staff is a fact, not speculation as you seem to think. If you want to believe some bullshit statement that they spoon-fed you, when there are reams and reams of documented evidence to the contrary proving otherwise, go right ahead. All the power to you.

So for people who actually wonder what the difference is.  LIF you don't have to deal with pvp if you don't want to.  It consists of many small servers that are run by people who pay to run them and they are moderated by those same people.  So anyone with money can run a server however they want to run it and they currently only hold 64 players but hope to increase that number later.
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

OK so they are or will both be MMORPGs so of course they are similar... LiF more of real world/very low fantasy mmo so no magic and so on.. MO low fantasy with magic...

MO you are limited to the locations you can build. LiF you can build any place you want to really.

MO has no terrain interaction. LiF you Can dig holes and dig tunnels and so on.

Those are a couple of the pain differences there are others but I dont really have the time to go through them all now..

I do enjoy MO for what it is but a lot of people wont go near it because of the really bad launch and some of the things the devs have done in the past..

• randomtrandomt Member UncommonPosts: 1,220
    filmoret said:
    So for people who actually wonder what the difference is.  LIF you don't have to deal with pvp if you don't want to.  It consists of many small servers that are run by people who pay to run them and they are moderated by those same people.  So anyone with money can run a server however they want to run it and they currently only hold 64 players but hope to increase that number later.
    A correction on this.. That is the LiF:YO (Your Own) - once the game comes out in mmo everyone who bought LIF gets access to it, as well as access to the mmo beta in 2016.. This is on the LIF website.  The mini-servers thing is basically how they are doing early-access while avoiding the nastiness of abusive player hackers on "official servers" - the little server owns can deal with that and LIF doesnt need to worry about having GM's and managing servers and stuff..

• MoodsorMoodsor Member UncommonPosts: 712
    LOL Mortal Online... good one :dizzy: 

• IAmMMOIAmMMO Member UncommonPosts: 1,462
    edited November 2015
    Play what you enjoy, don't stress over what other like to play.   Even Marmite has its fans, it's no different for gaming. MO had a rocky start, money issue drama after launch, something about the guy behind the game father funding him is all I remember. For me, I simply don't enjoy games on the unreal engine, I don't like the feel the engine gives to games done on it. 

• time007time007 Member UncommonPosts: 1,062
    i played wurm online. its a bit old, graphics wise

IMPORTANT:  Please keep all replies to my posts about GAMING.  Please no negative or backhanded comments directed at me personally.  If you are going to post a reply that includes how you feel about me, please don't bother replying & just ignore my post instead.  I'm on this forum to talk about GAMING.  Thank you.
  • JamesGoblinJamesGoblin Member RarePosts: 1,242
    I just stumbled upon this on MMORPG reddit:

Here's the reviewer's reddit OP:

"So, this game just left early access on Steam last month and became "officially released". Last time I looked at Your Own... about 6 months ago, it didn't really seem like a proper game. Now, fully released, I basically feel the same about it lol.

It's a PvP sandbox builder, and honestly it has some fine mechanics, I do get the sense that the developers know what they're doing, but the problem is that Your Own is basically just an inferior version of the main game they're making, Life is Feudal MMO. Your Own is basically the same thing as the MMO they're making, just with smaller player run servers and less features overall.

I'll personally just be waiting for the MMO instead of putting any time into Your Own, because on one hand I do actually want to play it, but I'd rather it be the real game, with all features and built the way it was originally planned.

The main issue that I have with Your Own, I suppose, is just the insane price tag. I'm not sure how expensive it'll be to roll a character in the MMO (because each character has to be paid for), but Your Own is very overpriced in Steam for what it is, I also don't like that it's trailer shows something that isn't actually in the game (I didn't notice it until just now, but the trailer shows a player washing up on a beach with a shipwreck behind them :o that doesn't happen in the game lol)"

W...aaagh?
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    One big difference is that according to the steam charts, there are about the same number of people playing LiF in a single day through steam than Mortal Online has paying subscribers across the entire planet.  You can argue this point but it has been shown from the financial statements that MO has less than 3000 active subscriptions.

I would say that since MO has been out for 5 years and LiF is new that is probably the biggest factor.  That combined with MO's terrible reputation.
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• SpiiderSpiider Member RarePosts: 1,135
    Better graphics???? You lost me on that lie.

No fate but what we make, so make me a ham sandwich please.

• SEANMCADSEANMCAD Member EpicPosts: 16,775
    filmoret said:
    wait you can build homes, farms and forges and place them where you want now in Mortal? cool 

Please do not respond to me, even if I ask you a question, its rhetorical.

Please do not respond to me

SEANMCAD said:
    filmoret said:
    wait you can build homes, farms and forges and place them where you want now in Mortal? cool 

Yea its been that way for a few years now.  You can also build a town and pay npc's to stay and sell items guards ect.   Also create town laws.

@Spiider ; when this thread was created MO had better graphics.  But now it seems that LIF has polished their game quite a bit and the graphics are clearly better then MO.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    So....you don't care what anyone says. You just have an opinion and we all have to agree?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585
    filmoret said:

Originally posted by Kost

Originally posted by filmoret 1. So you are saying LIF is a huge instanced pvp zone with crafting and castle building?  How is this even possible? 2.  It hasn't even launched its full of bugs. 3.  Do you host the servers or something? 4.  How do you know? 5. you cant try before you buy 6.  Its basically the same game
    Is this supposed to be a serious response? I don't even.... I suggest you do a little homework on the subject. You seem very ignorant in regard to the actual facts about what LiF is and what people already know about it - as well as MOs storied history of repeated corruption and scandal. Blind fanboyism, so absurd.  

maybe they should be allowed to play it.  it might give them a better idea how to fix it.
  • fodell54fodell54 Member RarePosts: 865
    edited December 2015
    filmoret said:
    So downloading a game for free and paying 14$ a month is a scam and cash grab?  You can play the game for free but you wont be as strong as the subs.  Freeloaders aren't suppose to be as strong as those who are paying their way.  So what is this game offering that Mortal Online isn't?  Unless they get a major graphics overhaul it looks like a game out of the 90's.  At least Mortal Online looks 2005ish.
    Are you fucking kidding me? Did you just ask what about Mortal Online was a scam? Hell, I don't know. How about the physical copy of blank disks that where sent out. Literally when I purchased the game I received a disk that had no information on it. I still had to go online and download the game. Not only that just the disk had a black stick on the top with the words "Mortal Online" scratched into it. It looked like it was most likely done by a key and no I'm not exaggerating.  In fact the original launch was made by a player because the MO staff didn't know how to code one.

Again, the whole thing was ever shady from the get go.