Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LF> A specific MOBA

saurion1saurion1 Member UncommonPosts: 9

Hello guys!

Does anyone know of any moba with rpg-like toon development? As in, no presetted heroes, but classes and builds and such.

3rd person or isometric both work, decent graphics and gameplay (this includes a sizeable playerbase) would be nice too.

Thanks a bunch!

Comments

• mosher89mosher89 Member UncommonPosts: 7

Check out Prime World :D

http://en.playpw.com/

• saurion1saurion1 Member UncommonPosts: 9
    Correct me if im wrong, but that game seems to have presetted heroes, which is the exact oposite of what im looking for.
  • mosher89mosher89 Member UncommonPosts: 7

yea skills are preset to each hero, but u can lvl up, put stat points and gear every hero individually

Also there is a castle where u can put farms and buildings to buff heroes

Not what im looking for, but thanks for the suggestion.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I honestly haven't come across a game like this. All MOBAs have preset heroes.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

I just don't get why nobody develops a MOBA where you can play customizable classes instead of presetted heroes...

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

Probably for balance issues. MOBAs need to be balanced. Also it's important to know what you are up against. If you can't see what skills/customisations your opponent has then you can't develop a strategy to deal with it.

Also there are usually so many heroes in a game like Dota that you will probably never learn to play all of the heroes. In dota you have a lot of different builds for the different heroes and some of them are very versatile. I have spent a lot of time playing Dota 2 and I can only play a fraction of the heroes to a good level. I have a friend who has only played dota for the last 6-7 years, no other game, and he still can't even play half of the heroes at the rating we were playing at when I quit the game.

MOBAs are ultimately not supposed to be RPGs. They evolved from real time strategies where strategy and skill was the most important thing. Hero builds still play a huge part of the game but they do not offer RPG like customisation.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.