Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If I were to return today what all would I need to buy?

I haven't played in years and looking at the game again, but not sure what all I would need to buy to be "current" for the game.

Would I need to only buy the Altar of Malice expansion pack, or would I need to buy that and a bunch of other stuff, too?  Been trying to find this information out, but haven't seen much.  The official page mentions that AoM comes with Tears of Veeshan expansion content, but I don't know what that means and what all would come with that either.

I quit shortly before the Velious expansion released I believe (the one that was going to add the vampire race).

Comments

• NyghthowlerNyghthowler Member UncommonPosts: 392

It has an F2P option which only restricts you from selling items on the AH (you can make purchases), and limiting you to having 2k plat I believe. So I would recommend launching the game and letting it update then jump back in and see if it grabs your attention before dumping cash on the latest expansions.

Without knowing what your highest level character is its hard to advise you. ToV is level 85 to 95 content and AoM is 95 to 100.

So if you're not close to 85 then hold off on purchasing anything. You can play the game without the last two x-pacs.

• Originally posted by Nyghthowler

It has an F2P option which only restricts you from selling items on the AH (you can make purchases), and limiting you to having 2k plat I believe. So I would recommend launching the game and letting it update then jump back in and see if it grabs your attention before dumping cash on the latest expansions.

Without knowing what your highest level character is its hard to advise you. ToV is level 85 to 95 content and AoM is 95 to 100.

So if you're not close to 85 then hold off on purchasing anything. You can play the game without the last two x-pacs.

Good to know.  Looks like my highest was in his 70s.  Just downloaded the client and logged in to look around.  Looks like they're selling the features from AoD expansion ala carte for stupid prices like the Beast Lord class for $25 and Mercs and Reforging for $10 each.

Are they available for purchase in a package or one of the expansion purchase?

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798
    Originally posted by SwashBuccaneer

Looks like they're selling the features from AoD expansion ala carte for stupid prices like the Beast Lord class for $25 and Mercs and Reforging for $10 each.

Are they available for purchase in a package or one of the expansion purchase?

SOE no longer sells past expansions separately

if you buy the latest expansion, Altar of Malice,

it includes all adventure content

its missing AOD features  (Beastlord / Mercs) and the Channeler class from TOV

https://www.everquest2.com/expansion-content

• Includes Tears of Veeshan expansion content*

*Channeler Class available for purchase in the marketplace

there used to be an AOD feature bundle, i don't know if it is still available

https://www.everquest2.com/news/eqii-producers-letter-age-of-discovery