Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Glitchy piece of junk

gieger808gieger808 Member UncommonPosts: 158

It's a great game, but unplayable. The camera is so glitchy, you can't even turn to go in the direction you want. It just skips and you are facing the same direction. lol. If anything is moving on screen, you go from 60fps to 3fps.

Great game, but unplayable at this time. I would hold off on playing until they optimize the client/server.

Comments

• AsheramAsheram Member EpicPosts: 5,071
    Originally posted by gieger808

It's a great game, but unplayable. The camera is so glitchy, you can't even turn to go in the direction you want. It just skips and you are facing the same direction. lol. If anything is moving on screen, you go from 60fps to 3fps.

Great game, but unplayable at this time. I would hold off on playing until they optimize the client/server.

I think "they" are just 1 person, I could be wrong though and might be a few more. I didn't have many problems with the game so far but haven't really played long either.

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    protip : skip ALPHAS/BETAS 
  • lugallugal Member UncommonPosts: 671
    OP, you know it is not even out of beta yet, right?

Roses are red
    Violets are blue
    The reviewer has a mishapen head
    Which means his opinion is skewed
    ...Aldous.MF'n.Huxley

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

Great game, but unplayable at this time.

I played for about 2-3 months around Spring/Summer and it ran pretty smoothly back then. Did a recent patch go south?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

It's free with a super fast set up. Why not give it a shot?

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • ScorchienScorchien Member LegendaryPosts: 8,914
     I play Gorgon most nites and havent had any of the problems the op describes ..runs pretty smooth for me ..
  • ThebeastttThebeasttt Member RarePosts: 1,130

Literally disagree with everything you said, including the part about it being a great game aside from the glitches.......

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454
    I've been playing for months without these problems. I'm not sure what the OP is on about.
  • KonfessKonfess Member RarePosts: 1,667

If anything is moving on screen, you go from 60fps to 3fps.

From what you described, I suspect you have processes eating up your cpu cycles.  I have a ‘08 system (1/2 the performance of an entry level gaming rig today).  And it never drops below 60 fps.  I won’t recommend specific applications, but I suggest you read up on clean your registry and startup processes.  The difference can be night and day.

Eric Heimburg and Sandra Powers have worked on Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, EverQuest II, and Star Trek Online.  If anyone out there knows what they are doing in making an MMO it’s these people.  Maybe someone on their forums could advise you on cleaning up your system.

Pardon any spelling errors
    Konfess your cyns and some maybe forgiven
    Boy: Why can't I talk to Him?
    Mom: We don't talk to Priests.
    As if it could exist, without being payed for.
    F2P means you get what you paid for. Pay nothing, get nothing.
    Even telemarketers wouldn't think that.
    It costs money to play.  Therefore P2W.

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Has always played fine for me.

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• luisrkillerluisrkiller Member UncommonPosts: 107

I've been playing for a couple of days and I can't say I'm having the same issues. The game runs very well, never drops under 60fps... Maybe it's time for you to upgrade your setup! image

Also, you should remember that this has not been released and it's far from the final product. 

• Xaaz23Xaaz23 Member UncommonPosts: 24
    This post is now invalid. The most recent patch/update on Saturday the 17th fixed this issue.
  • KyperbeltKyperbelt Member CommonPosts: 8
    Can confirm no frame lag on my end with multiple players on screen moving at any given time.
  • BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768
    Originally posted by Robokapp
    Originally posted by bcbully

It's free with a super fast set up. Why not give it a shot?

he did. it sucked.

Yea I am pretty sure that why he called it a "great game".     Because it sucked.

Thanx for clarifying that for us.

Geez at least put some effort in your trolling.

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    The game runs fine and I haven't find a single gamebreaking bug yet.
    I'm sure this game will be just another generic fantasy MMO for a lot of people, but it's actually a quality game if you don't mind the terrible graphics.

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• Shoko_LiedShoko_Lied Member UncommonPosts: 2,193
    Originally posted by Krematory
    I'm sure this game will be just another generic fantasy MMO for a lot of people, but it's actually a quality game if you don't mind the terrible graphics.

tfw that's the main draw for me.

• OhhPaigeyOhhPaigey Member RarePosts: 1,517

I liked the game, it wasn't too buggy from what I remember, the updates just weren't constant enough to keep me playing, because at the time they were getting 0 funding.

I still gotta go back and check it out sometime soon.

When all is said and done, more is always said than done.
  • goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141

This hasn't been my experience but oddly I have a PC built for PC gaming which works pretty well for PC games.

• NuhaineNuhaine Member UncommonPosts: 58

This is an alpha build. The game is quite smooth and pleasant for me, but that may not be the case for everyone. Your experience WILL be different from at least a few others. Camera not working? Report, figure out how much you're willing to deal with it, and leave if you can't until it gets fixed.  It will be fixed at some point, I assure you. The devs for this game are amazing. ; )

The experience is different for everyone who plays. I've crashed three times in a year of playing, but the experience may be different for those a different computer build than I do. The recent updates to the server have killed 99% of the server lag, and the game is much more enjoyable now.  I haven't experienced camera issues that others are experiencing, but there are a few common bugs. For example, if you fly too high in bird form you wont be able to pan the camera with right click for some reason.

Also, the community is coming together in fun ways and many, many people are having fun. There's even a small but quickly growing guild called DBT on the Project Gorgon forums that gets together to help new and experienced players alike.

If you need help in the game, send a /tell to Veryn if he's online. Amanda can help too. They're the guild leaders of DBT and often organize end game dungeon runs and power leveling groups complete with training and advice on what to do and how to do it so that you aren't lost. There are tons of skills to raise, so power leveling doesn't detract from the experience much aside from making earlier content easier. You'll also be able to figure out what skills you enjoy.

• gervaise1gervaise1 Member EpicPosts: 6,919

bump

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,959
    Originally posted by Konfess

If anything is moving on screen, you go from 60fps to 3fps.

From what you described, I suspect you have processes eating up your cpu cycles.  I have a ‘08 system (1/2 the performance of an entry level gaming rig today).  And it never drops below 60 fps.  I won’t recommend specific applications, but I suggest you read up on clean your registry and startup processes.  The difference can be night and day.

Eric Heimburg and Sandra Powers have worked on Asheron's Call, Asheron's Call 2, EverQuest II, and Star Trek Online.  If anyone out there knows what they are doing in making an MMO it’s these people.  Maybe someone on their forums could advise you on cleaning up your system.

Pretty much same here. No problems running this game at all.

For a 2 person indie game, this game runs rather smooth actually.

Could be the OP is unlucky to have a specific hardware combination in his PC that doesn't play nice with Unity Engine. Who knows. I hardly doubt it tho, as Unity Engine is not a new engine and is widely used in many games these days.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Shoko_Lied

game will get better gfx than what it has

• KrematoryKrematory Member UncommonPosts: 608
    Originally posted by Raxeon

Oh, they don't pull me off at all. Well, almost. The thing is, I'd like them to spend the money to develop more game mechanics, improving the general gameplay, rather than upgrading the graphics. How much better are they gonna be anyway?

"EVE is likely the best MMORPG that you've never really understood or played" - Kyleran

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    Originally posted by Raxeon

Oh, they don't pull me off at all. Well, almost. The thing is, I'd like them to spend the money to develop more game mechanics, improving the general gameplay, rather than upgrading the graphics. How much better are they gonna be anyway?

alot is place holder

• KyperbeltKyperbelt Member CommonPosts: 8
    The graphics will definitely be improved as someone already mentioned they are merely placeholders at this time(most of the graphics anyways). Some bosses are actually in fact called placeholder lol. Game is great and graphics arent enough of a turn off for people to just let this jewel slip through their hands.