Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Anneliese Michel...?

Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

So, I randomly clicked on the 'pledge' tab on this site and saw the information for this game. The first thing that struck me was the picture at the very top of that page, immediately below the video.  Pic here... I was a bit bewildered by this pic being used, so I thought I'd post here about it to see if there's anything to it.

The picture there is of Anneliese Michel, which was a young woman who was believed to have been possessed by demons, and underwent several years of exorcisms, before finally dying. The movie, "The Exorcism of Emily Rose" was somewhat based on her story. There's information about her here, and elsewhere on the web if you search. There's also some audio taken from some of the actual exorcisms which you can find online. I know YT has a couple videos at least. Warning: It's pretty disturbing stuff.

Whether you believe in demonic possession or not, it's a harrowing, tragic story, and I can't imagine what she or her family went through over the course of that several years.

In any case... I was wondering why the image is included on that page? Is there something related to demonic possession in this game, or was it just selected randomly "because it looks cool"?

Comments

• AnashelAnashel Member UncommonPosts: 200

Sorry Pratt2112 for the delay!

The main character in TBW is called Vanessa Baup (http://rosenbergclinic.com/teams/vanessa-baup/) and she is suspected (fantasy storyline of course) to be a descendant of a german girl that was involved in a demonic possession in the 70's.

The game story evolved around secret society, paranormal, demonic possession and serial killer. Really dark and gritty stuff.