Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

One more day till early release. Who else is stoked!

azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
Been a good year since I last played DayZ and I am having an urge to get back into the Zombie Apocalypse again.  So glad this game is being early released tomorrow.  Spent all morning watching latest Twitch streams and they have made a ton of progress in the game.  To the point where it looks and plays better then DayZ ever did. 

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

Comments

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    I´m going to play this, but not on release day. I prefer to wait a couple of day 1 patches until the dust has settled
  • General-ZodGeneral-Zod Member UncommonPosts: 868
    I want to see how well the zombies are done.. whether they will be a threat or just scenery like most other survival zombie games.

• StarIStarI Member UncommonPosts: 987
    Originally posted by azzamasin
    Been a good year since I last played DayZ and I am having an urge to get back into the Zombie Apocalypse again.  So glad this game is being early released tomorrow.  Spent all morning watching latest Twitch streams and they have made a ton of progress in the game.  To the point where it looks and plays better then DayZ ever did. 

I feel the same. I avoided purchasing DayZ standalone since early access Christmas sale 2013 even tho I used to be really excited about it.

Oposed to many fellow gamers' who think we have too many zombie games I'm convinced we actually don't have a single decent (zombie) survival shooter yet. Games like DayZ, Rust, ISS all fall short in development  and have serious problems in one or more areas.

I am super excited since in fact H1Z1 looks like it could be our first AAA zombie survival shooter that could reach certain standards that us gamers deserve not to endure the lack off.

We will see. But  even tho I can't wait, I want to remind anyone overly excited  it's early access release - it wouldn't be if it was done. So maybe rather wait a few more months if you're not sure.

• SquishydewSquishydew Member UncommonPosts: 1,107

Can't say I'm excited, but I'm definitely keeping an eye on it.

Hoping that H1Z1 will be a big step up from DayZ which is just terrible.

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    You guys are aware you will be PAYING to play a F2P game in the Alpha Testing stage for a game by SOE right?  No sure why you would pay for that?  Its going to be an unfinished trian wreck...but if thats your thing enjoy.
  • volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    Originally posted by General-Zod
    I want to see how well the zombies are done.. whether they will be a threat or just scenery like most other survival zombie games.

you just need to join one of the more hardcore ruleset servers where its headshot only to kill zombies

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by voltt

you just need to join one of the more hardcore ruleset servers where its headshot only to kill zombies

Headshot only wouldnt matter if the zombies just mope around would it? There needs to zombies that go by smell or sound or sight..etc. That way you cant just stroll into a group and start taking them out easily.

• BascolaBascola Member UncommonPosts: 425
    Originally posted by DocBrody
    I´m going to play this, but not on release day. I prefer to wait a couple of day 1 patches until the dust has settled

Same here, not going to throw money at any of these Early Access scams. Never done it, not starting now.

Once they have a finished game to sell they can come tell me and i consider buying it.

I'll be watching from the sidelines while the drama unfolds.

• DijonCyanideDijonCyanide Member UncommonPosts: 586

I'm enthused about H1Z1, but for principle alone I'm not going to pay to test a game, any game, especially when it's going to be free to play eventually.  I prefer the buy to play model nowadays myself it helps keep spamming riff raff out compared to totally free & subscribing should always be an option, but is withering away, but that's why even with a totally free game I'll spend money to give support if it's a fun game.  I'm hoping SOE does well with this game & executes their ambitions instead of delivering half truths.  The footage I've seen doesn't impress me concerning their graphics, but that's not the end all be all for me.  I think I had read where SOE is envisioning H1Z1 as a mmo not a sandbox so by that standard it will be different than DayZ & others.  I do wish it was releasing sooner more than later.   I still have some Sony Cash awaiting it probably pending their transactions configurations.  There's just so many good quality free type games nowadays & only so much time.  So good luck SOE & whomever is contributing to H1Z1.  Same with SOE's EQ Next.  I'll be cautiously awaiting to be able to play it one day.

for me honestly its worth the price, 20$ gets me entertainment now not later. I see all these posts about paying for testing blah blah blah, i get it some are way overpriced. But also think how much it costs to setup and maintain servers to provide that alpha access. $20 is a reasonable amount to get a good taste of a game im interested in, dosnt break my bank. 
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I am probally going to pass since its most likely going to be a shitty gankfest like dayz was. where the zombies aren't really a threat anymore since you need to look out for players. Unless its pve? I haven't been following it much since I figured it was just going to be dayz v2

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• JosephProsekJosephProsek Member UncommonPosts: 98

For starters to answer someone from above. I am in the group of people that don't mind paying to play in alpha or early release as its called now.I use to hate sitting and waiting for something to go live while watching people in alpha talk about the fun they are having watch the game grow from within. I've been playing Landmark early access and have been having a blast. I can only hope this is as much fun as that is.

Now on to the parts of the game I am stoked about.

I love the idea of the character you create being locked to that server. That will fix a few problems from the start that have been wrong with other games. Also there being nameplates will help with those same issues as well as guilds.

Having the different servers with their own rule sets is another big draw for me as well as there being ways to vote on new servers with new crazy rules. Sometimes i might wanna play on a server with PVP where everything in the game can only be killed with head shots or sometimes i might wanna play on a PVE server where the zombies are super hard.

The crafting system is another draw to me. I love how what you learn to make your character on that server will always remember. Farming also looks fun giving you way to have another source of food. 

Being able to build/ defend you base or camp also seems really cool. Building up to that point should be fun. Just find a shovel dig a hole and create a little stash to hide your stuff till you build up enough to get a true base and lock box going. That little added thing of digging a hole to hide your stuff kind of blew my mind when i saw it. Guess its the little things in life and all.

From what i have seen the combat looks pretty decent. Hard to tell till i get in there. I saw one dev vid where he had made a spear and was running around poking and stabbing zombies then out of nowhere he threw the spear at one and it stuck right in the zombie then there was the zombie running around with a huge spear sticking out of him.

Theres a lot more but ill leave it there.

there will be different servers with different rule sets, PVE will be available on EA
    Originally posted by SlyLoK

Headshot only wouldnt matter if the zombies just mope around would it? There needs to zombies that go by smell or sound or sight..etc. That way you cant just stroll into a group and start taking them out easily.

The devs have stated that there will be three types of zombies in the game at launch each with thier own AI. For the most part they are blind but have and extreme sense of hearing and thats how they track you. 

Here is a link to a vid that goes into a lot of detail about them.

They wont just hang out in the area they spawn at they are free to roam anywhere. It doesnt actually say this anywhere but im hoping that animals also attrack them. I think it would be hilarious to be out exploring and come over a hill or something and see a zombie follow behind a bunny trying to catch it.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    Pass until I hear more...

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,791

F2P game that is askng $39 so that I can play and test their alpha version. No thanks. The fact that it is going to be F2P(at offical launch) is enough for me to stay away completely.

Let's party like it is 1863!

Originally posted by Gruug

F2P game that is askng $39 so that I can play and test their alpha version. No thanks. The fact that it is going to be F2P(at offical launch) is enough for me to stay away completely.

This Standard Edition Bundle grants you: Cost Around 20.00

• Early Access to H1Z1 
    • 3 Event Tickets 
    • 1 Launch Crate Key 
    • 2 Crates

The Premium Edition Bundle grants you: Cost Around 40.00

• Early Access to H1Z1 
    • 25 Event Tickets 
    • 3 Airdrop Tickets 
    • 4 Launch Crate Keys 
    • 6 Crates 
    • Exclusive Aviator Hat Crafting Recipe
    I personally dont mind dropping 20 bucks to jump in and play from the start. Some people do though and thats understandable.

for me honestly its worth the price, 20$ gets me entertainment now not later. I see all these posts about paying for testing blah blah blah, i get it some are way overpriced. But also think how much it costs to setup and maintain servers to provide that alpha access. $20 is a reasonable amount to get a good taste of a game im interested in, dosnt break my bank. 

They need those servers for internal testing and release anyway. Early Access is nothing but squeezing more money out of impatient gamers with a lot of hype and no substance. These gamers then defend these Early Access scams because they are invested and don't want to admit it was a really bad idea to pay for an unfinished game. We see this all the time on every EA game's forum out there.

It's quite amusing how many times people can get burned and still will defend the big corporations in doing what they do. I can't even count the number of ridiculously overpriced EA scams we had anymore, it's way too many and not a single one of them has succeeded in any way.

Originally posted by JosephProsek

• Early Access to H1Z1 
    • 3 Event Tickets 
    • 1 Launch Crate Key 
    • 2 Crates

• Early Access to H1Z1 
    • 25 Event Tickets 
    • 3 Airdrop Tickets 
    • 4 Launch Crate Keys 
    • 6 Crates 
    I personally dont mind dropping 20 bucks to jump in and play from the start. Some people do though and thats understandable.

I don't mind the $20, i mind the paying for something that is sold as broken, unfinished and only promised to be eventually finished. Steam makes it very clear that Early Access means there is no guarantee that the game will EVER be finished.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. 

Originally posted by Bascola
    Originally posted by JosephProsek

• Early Access to H1Z1 
    • 3 Event Tickets 
    • 1 Launch Crate Key 
    • 2 Crates

• Early Access to H1Z1 
    • 25 Event Tickets 
    • 3 Airdrop Tickets 
    • 4 Launch Crate Keys 
    • 6 Crates 

I don't mind the $20, i mind the paying for something that is sold as broken, unfinished and only promised to be eventually finished. Steam makes it very clear that Early Access means there is no guarantee that the game will EVER be finished.

Note: This Early Access game is not complete and may or may not change further. If you are not excited to play this game in its current state, then you should wait to see if the game progresses further in development. 

I do see your point but Ive have also been playing SOEs other early access game Landmark. It has grown so incredibly much and they have been very open with the players even going so far as to take ideas from the community as well as adding player created things to the game. I have a lot of faith in them based off of what they have done so far with Landmark. I am also aware of their failuers in the past but we live in a what have you done for me lately world and lately they have been doing amazing.

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271

To be honest I think it looked terrible. Like dated graphics. It was running smoother than Dayz but to be fair. How many players were on the server and how big was the map?

Ill keep an eye on it though.

• Painbringer7Painbringer7 Member UncommonPosts: 121
    Yeah, I really want to play H1Z1. But Dayz showed me that I can not stand a unfinished product for very long. As others, I too will be watching this one closely.

The code of the pessimistic loner: "We unpopular loners are realists, who follow the three non- popular principles: Not having any (Hope), Not making any (Gaps in your heart); And not giving into (Sweet talk)".

• muffins89muffins89 Member UncommonPosts: 1,585

I was going to get this is, but Down to One seems more interesting to me. it comes out on the 20th.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

A F2P PVP game with a cash shop?

Yeah, you are probably better off paying to play it now. Once it releases, it's going to be a mess.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    You guys are aware you will be PAYING to play a F2P game in the Alpha Testing stage for a game by SOE right?  No sure why you would pay for that?  Its going to be an unfinished trian wreck...but if thats your thing enjoy.

Only thing I am aware is there are going to be PvE only servers something I said years ago the genre needs.  I could care less if it is a train wreck because it'll have my preferred ruleset server to play on.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!