Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wildstar population

Comments

• herculeshercules Member UncommonPosts: 4,924

sadly last i tried it population was very low .

as mentioned before the idea 40 man hardcore raiding people wanted proved to be wrong.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100

Yesterday when I logged in on the European Jabbit server Dominion side there were in the zone Ellevar  about ten people about which for a starter zone is alright .It was the weekend though and plenty of them admitted to having just returned.

Oh and I forgot to mention Dominion is the side with fewer players.

Chamber of Chains
  • LudwikLudwik Member UncommonPosts: 407
    I'd be afraid to play any low pop NCSoft game. They've shown in the past they will close games down even if theyre profitable.
  • BaselineBaseline Member Posts: 503
    I'd play Wildstar again if it weren't that dead. They need to make it F2P already to bring people back in.
  • KaladinKaladin Member Posts: 468
    Originally posted by hercules

as mentioned before the idea 40 man hardcore raiding people wanted proved to be wrong.

Clearly you haven't been paying attention here.  40 mans were done away with months ago.  Datascape is now a 20 man raid.  Might I ask then, when was the last time you played?  Lots of people are returning.

I can fly higher than an aeroplane.
    And I have the voice of a thousand hurricanes.
    Hurt - Wars

Originally posted by Ludwik
    I'd be afraid to play any low pop NCSoft game. They've shown in the past they will close games down even if theyre profitable.

Would you play it if it weren't NC Soft then?  Would you not play a game that was fun just because of who funded it?  Here's the problem I am seeing.  Too many people are saying "this game is super fun, but I don't want to play it because of what might happen"

If it's fun now, why shy away?

Hurt - Wars

Originally posted by Baseline
    I'd play Wildstar again if it weren't that dead. They need to make it F2P already to bring people back in.

It isn't that dead.  So will you play?

Hurt - Wars

• KyarraKyarra Member UncommonPosts: 789
    I just started this game up, I never purchased it until  now but I was in the closed beta. I am on Exile side Entity, and I can say it was hopping yesterday. I have no problems finding groups at low level and the lfg channel was busy. I say start it up, who knows, you may enjoy yourself.
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,100
    Here's the thing about smaller populations. The people left playing are very nice and helpful. They answer questions and go out of their way to help you and you know what I think that is really a great reason to play. The community in this game absolutely rocks. I asked a question like 5 people replied and encouraged me and talked and gave additional info. Join the global channel it is an excellent way to get back into the game.
    Chamber of Chains
  • DztBlkDztBlk Member UncommonPosts: 127
    I just cancelled my subscription.  I had high hopes for this game.  Besides the fact that the game has never run well with my quad core i5 with a ATI Radeon HD 4850.  Granted, it's time to upgrade, but still the game just never ran well.  Secondly, it's hard to run dungeons and adventures below max level.  Alot of empty zones when I played.  Mostly, I ended up running around solo.  So, since I'm a player who typically LOVES to team, I just decided to drop my subscription.  Money had nothing to do with it...nothing.  Hope that helps.
    Originally posted by DztBlk
    I just cancelled my subscription.  I had high hopes for this game.  Besides the fact that the game has never run well with my quad core i5 with a ATI Radeon HD 4850.  Granted, it's time to upgrade, but still the game just never ran well.  Secondly, it's hard to run dungeons and adventures below max level.  Alot of empty zones when I played.  Mostly, I ended up running around solo.  So, since I'm a player who typically LOVES to team, I just decided to drop my subscription.  Money had nothing to do with it...nothing.  Hope that helps.

It should definitely be noted that rolling on a PvP server is not the way to go if you want to see people.  I'm not sure if that's what you did or not.

Did you attempt to engage the zone chat?  I can fully understand that even the PvE server would feel dead if nobody is talking, and queues aren't popping.  So I would assume that you like to group, that you at least tried to engage the community yourself, asking around for assistance or just general grouping for quests.

From what I have seen, the population demographic seems to be older folks that are only free in the evenings.  So playing during the day is pretty low on people.  Weekday evenings are typically your best bet to seeing people.

Hurt - Wars

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279

Unfortunately, due to the themepark style of WildStar, it's more difficult to enjoy with few players online. Dungeon/Adventure queues are at an all time high. If you like doing solo PvE stuff until cap you can still have a lot of fun with it....but if you are actually trying to get through group content before cap you are better off playing another game.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

• LacedOpiumLacedOpium Member EpicPosts: 2,327
    Originally posted by Kaladin

Clearly you haven't been paying attention here.  40 mans were done away with months ago.  Datascape is now a 20 man raid.  Might I ask then, when was the last time you played?  Lots of people are returning.

Ok so replace the 40 man with the 20 man.  The result is still the same.  Hercules is right.  The hardcore raiders were wrong.  Raiders are a small niche group and to design a game for end game raiding was a disaster.  The small hardcore raiders niche crowd cant even supported an indie title much less a AAA title.  Lesson learned I guess.  Costly as it is, sometimes we have to go through these types of experiences to finally get it.  Hate to say it because it will make a few people very unhappy but ... raiding is dead.

I have actually seen a move away from the dungeon finder in Wildstar.  It's often easier to use chat channels to find groups than rely on the LFD tool.  This is likely due to how pug unfriendly dungeons can be.  The dungeons require a certain level of coordination off the bat that you do not normally find in other MMORPGs.  It doesn't take much, but just a little communication at the start can mean the difference between a painful experience and a glorious one.

There are player made LFG channels on both factions which are used a lot.  Sadly, it isn't known by new players who are not told, and I'm not sure how that would change unless Carbine promotes the player made systems themselves right out of the gate.

Hurt - Wars

Originally posted by LacedOpium

Ok so replace the 40 man with the 20 man.  The result is still the same.  Hercules is right.  The hardcore raiders were wrong.  Raiders are a small niche group and to design a game for end game raiding was a disaster.  The small hardcore raiders niche crowd cant even supported an indie title much less a AAA title.  Lesson learned I guess.  Costly as it is, sometimes we have to go through these types of experiences to finally get it.  Raiding is dead.

I don't know how many more times it needs to be said.  Raiding is ONE aspect of the game, and the people that want to do it, want a challenge.  The 40 man thing didn't work, but 20 mans are doing fantastic though.  My guild raids, and we are not hardcore.  We go twice a week.  We don't suck, but we aren't in there all week either.  We, like all other guilds that run a similar schedule, are under NO delusions of server firsts.  We don't care about doing it first, we just want to do it, and get the same satisfaction out of killing a new boss as anyone else.

Where did you hear that Wildstar was only about large group raiding?  Or is it just that the best PvE gear comes from it that is your problem?  If you want to run shiphands/adventures/dungeons that's great!  but if you are expecting the best gear in the game from them, you will be disappointed.

The crafting system is pretty good for those who like to craft.  The housing system is top notch.  The story content is great.  The PvP needs work, but that's coming in the next couple weeks with the next content drop.  It should help out a lot.  I spent way more time than I thought I would exploring, I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Raiding is one ride in this theme park, and for those that want to do it, it is amazing. 

Hurt - Wars

Ok so replace the 40 man with the 20 man.  The result is still the same.  Hercules is right.  The hardcore raiders were wrong.  Raiders are a small niche group and to design a game for end game raiding was a disaster.  The small hardcore raiders niche crowd cant even supported an indie title much less a AAA title.  Lesson learned I guess.  Costly as it is, sometimes we have to go through these types of experiences to finally get it.  Raiding is dead.

I don't know how many more times it needs to be said.  Raiding is ONE aspect of the game, and the people that want to do it, want a challenge.  The 40 man thing didn't work, but 20 mans are doing fantastic though.  My guild raids, and we are not hardcore.  We go twice a week.  We don't suck, but we aren't in there all week either.  We, like all other guilds that run a similar schedule, are under NO delusions of server firsts.  We don't care about doing it first, we just want to do it, and get the same satisfaction out of killing a new boss as anyone else.

Where did you hear that Wildstar was only about large group raiding?  Or is it just that the best PvE gear comes from it that is your problem?  If you want to run shiphands/adventures/dungeons that's great!  but if you are expecting the best gear in the game from them, you will be disappointed.

The crafting system is pretty good for those who like to craft.  The housing system is top notch.  The story content is great.  The PvP needs work, but that's coming in the next couple weeks with the next content drop.  It should help out a lot.  Raiding is one ride in this themepark, and for those that want to do it, it is amazing.  I spent way more time than I thought I would exploring, I thoroughly enjoyed that path.

If the best gear can only come from raiding, that is end game.  The point of every game is to win and in these types of games getting the best gear means winning.  If raiding wasn't the main focus, we would be able to get the best gear from a variety of sources and not just raiding.  And no 20 mans are not doing fantastic.  Just because your guild and a couple of other main guilds are able to do them does not equal fantastic.  Fantastic is having the concept of raiding available to everyone at all times and that is not the case.  And PvP has never fixed anything.  If anything, it breaks it.  Listen, I understand you enjoy the game.  But let's be real here.  I think the population numbers tell the story much better than you or I ever could.

The crafting system is pretty good for those who like to craft.  The housing system is top notch.  The story content is great.  The PvP needs work, but that's coming in the next couple weeks with the next content drop.  It should help out a lot.  Raiding is one ride in this themepark, and for those that want to do it, it is amazing.  I spent way more time than I thought I would exploring, I thoroughly enjoyed that path.

If the best gear can only come from raiding, that is end game.  The point of every game is to win and in these types of games getting the best gear means winning.  If raiding wasn't the main focus, we would be able to get the best gear from a variety of sources and not just raiding.  And no 20 mans are not doing fantastic.  Just because your guild and a couple of other main guilds are able to do them does not equal fantastic.  Fantastic is having the concept of raiding available to everyone at all times and that is not the case.  And PvP has never fixed anything.  If anything, it breaks it.  Listen, I understand you enjoy the game.  But let's be real here.  I think the population numbers tell the story much better than you or I ever could.

I don't even know what you're saying.  Having the concept of raiding available to everyone at all times?  How is this NOT the case?  Raiding is endgame for group PvE, yes.  And if you really think that having the best gear come from the content that isn't as difficult, then we will just have to disagree with a core aspect which I personally want in a game.  I believe hard content should yield the best rewards.  And I want the hardest content to require a larger group.  And this is what Wildstar provides.

And I didn't say PvP fixes anything, just that it is another facet of the game that is not raiding.  But it's been known that PvP hasn't been functional for a number of reasons, and those reasons are being addressed in the upcoming content drop.

There are a lot of players who mess around in housing for hundreds of hours.  Their endgame is not the same as mine.

There are a lot of players who only enjoy PvP.  Their endgame is not the same as mine.

There are a lot of players who just want to craft and make money.  Their endgame is not the same as mine.

Raiding is not the only endgame in Wildstar.  That is my point.

Hurt - Wars

• BitripBitrip Member UncommonPosts: 279

I have actually seen a move away from the dungeon finder in Wildstar.  It's often easier to use chat channels to find groups than rely on the LFD tool.  This is likely due to how pug unfriendly dungeons can be.  The dungeons require a certain level of coordination off the bat that you do not normally find in other MMORPGs.  It doesn't take much, but just a little communication at the start can mean the difference between a painful experience and a glorious one.

There are player made LFG channels on both factions which are used a lot.  Sadly, it isn't known by new players who are not told, and I'm not sure how that would change unless Carbine promotes the player made systems themselves right out of the gate.

Are you on the dominion side or the exile side? And do you play on the PvE or PvP server? I play on the PvE Dominion side and EntityLFM is still slim pickings.

Now, which one of you will adorn me today?

I will admit though, Wildstar has the PERCEPTION of being for hardcore raiders only.  And it is that perception that I am trying to correct.  Because it is just false.

Hurt - Wars

Originally posted by Bitrip

Are you on the dominion side or the exile side? And do you play on the PvE or PvP server? I play on the PvE Dominion side and EntityLFM is still slim pickings.

I am PvE Dominion as well on Entity.  I guess I should admit here that I only hear success stories of the LFG channel on the Exile side.  I think there is more than one channel on the Dominion that are somewhat competing against one another.  For Dominion, I would just suggest looking for a guild.  That has been working better for me.  If you are looking for a raiding guild, almost all of them will accept new members that are still leveling.  I forget the names, but I have seen advertisements for new raid guilds that are building roster, and will included low level folks.

Hurt - Wars

I don't even know what you're saying.  Having the concept of raiding available to everyone at all times?  How is this NOT the case?  Raiding is endgame for group PvE, yes.  And if you really think that having the best gear come from the content that isn't as difficult, then we will just have to disagree with a core aspect which I personally want in a game.  I believe hard content should yield the best rewards.  And I want the hardest content to require a larger group.  And this is what Wildstar provides.

And I didn't say PvP fixes anything, just that it is another facet of the game that is not raiding.  But it's been known that PvP hasn't been functional for a number of reasons, and those reasons are being addressed in the upcoming content drop.

There are a lot of players who mess around in housing for hundreds of hours.  Their endgame is not the same as mine.

There are a lot of players who only enjoy PvP.  Their endgame is not the same as mine.

There are a lot of players who just want to craft and make money.  Their endgame is not the same as mine.

Raiding is not the only endgame in Wildstar.  That is my point.

This is all you had to say.  You and I have differing opinions about gameplay.  I never said that the best gear should come from content that isnt as difficult.   Apparently, according to your way of thinking the greater the quantity of people the greater the difficulty?  Are you leading us to believe that difficulty can not be derived from a 5 or 3 man dungeon?  Why does it have to be a 20 man raid?  That's right, it doesn't.  And that is at the core of this debate.  The best gear comes from these 20 man raids.  Regarding 20 man raids being available to everyone, you are right they are available to everyone.  The only problem is that even if they could get the players to do them, no one wants to do them anyway.  You can downplay it til hell freezer over but thats a problem whether you want to admit it or not. 

This is all you had to say.  You and I have differing opinions about gameplay.  I never said that the best gear should come from content that isnt as difficult.   Apparently, according to your way of thinking the greater the quantity of people the greater the difficulty?  Are you leading us to believe that difficulty can not be derived from a 5 or 3 man dungeon?  Why does it have to be a 20 man raid?  That's right, it doesn't.  And that is at the core of this debate.  The best gear comes from these 20 man raids.  Regarding 20 man raids being available to everyone, you are right they are available to everyone.  The only problem is that even if they could get the players to do them, no one wants to do them anyway.  You can downplay it til hell freezer over but thats a problem whether you want to admit it or not. 

So Wildstar is not for you because the hardest PvE content is 20 man raids.  That's perfectly fine.  Just leave the game alone then.  If large group PvE content was dead, I don't think games would keep developing it.  You wont see me in other game's forums telling people their way of enjoying video games is dead and nobody else wants to do it.  Clearly that is not the case if games like WoW and Rift and Wildstar are doing it.

I have also said at the beginning, while closed betas were going on, that I was certain Wildstar would be a niche game.  I am in that niche, which is why I like it.  I have no problems whatsoever playing a niche game that hits on all the points I want from a game.

I am only saying that it is not JUST for the hardcore raiders.  There is tons of other content to do.  But if you don't want to do large group PvE content to get the best PvE gear, Wildstar will not be for you, and you may go play in whatever game brings you the most enjoyment.  I'll do the same in Wildstar.

Hurt - Wars

So Wildstar is not for you because the hardest PvE content is 20 man raids.  That's perfectly fine.  Just leave the game alone then.  If large group PvE content was dead, I don't think games would keep developing it.  You wont see me in other game's forums telling people their way of enjoying video games is dead and nobody else wants to do it.  Clearly that is not the case if games like WoW and Rift and Wildstar are doing it.

I have also said at the beginning, while closed betas were going on, that I was certain Wildstar would be a niche game.  I am in that niche, which is why I like it.  I have no problems whatsoever playing a niche game that hits on all the points I want from a game.

I am only saying that it is not JUST for the hardcore raiders.  There is tons of other content to do.  But if you don't want to do large group PvE content to get the best PvE gear, Wildstar will not be for you, and you may go play in whatever game brings you the most enjoyment.  I'll do the same in Wildstar.

We have, in droves. 

... and i'll offer the same advice to you.  If you enjoy the game, go play it, and stop trying to convince us of something that it is not.

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,363

i played the trial this last week i found it very fun , way way better than on release , the game has been improved a lot (still had fps isuees ._. AMD here but oh welll...)

why i decided to not sub and play it ? because the population is low , yeah i know there is plenty lvl 50 players to do anything...but i dont want to solo my way to 50 and then start doing "mmorpg" things (pvp , dungeons , group quests) i can now log in to WoW , ESO, eq2 (agonostic dungeons), Rift , FFXIV, Swtor , and find a group for the 1 dungeon , if i wanted to that in WS? no luck

even if i decided to play it , english isnt my first language and after looking for a while there is only 1 guild active that still play (around 25 members count that only 10-15 are online at primetime) so meh....

p.d im speaking of EU server , US is more populated afaik.

We have, in droves. 

... and i'll offer the same advice to you.  If you enjoy the game, go play it, and stop trying to convince us of something that its not.

Where have I done that?

Hurt - Wars