Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So I left Archeage and returned to WoW...

2»

Comments

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    Originally posted by fodell54
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1
    Originally posted by farbege
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1
    Originally posted by farbege

I experience options, in fact  so many of them never seen in any MMORPG probably not even in the "big sandboxes" of the past.

What is an example of "big sandbox of the past", please?

UO, SWG ...

In UO and SWG you could craft items and sell them to other players and role players could create their own storylines. Guess which other games you can do this? All of them. By your definition, every game is a sandbox. The word "sandbox" loses all meaning.

You never played either of these games. You my friend are what we call an mmo noob.

I have the release collectors edition of SWG:an Empire Divided on a shelf I'm looking at right now. It has a die-cast female figure with a blaster, a swg pin and "From Pencil to Pixel: the art of Star Wars Galaxies" book, among other things insde. UO I didn't play as much as EQ in the era, in which I was a relatively devoted raid leader from the time directly following the bloody kithicor event. I've played and banged the bottom out of more mmorpgs than I care to admit. If you think you're going to style me, I promise, I'll take you to the cleaners.

• AglarannaAglaranna Member Posts: 204
    Originally posted by JDis25

I too get the feeling of "I am too old for this" when playing WoW and I am not even that old lol. I am 26 but I feel the game is really meant for 14-16 year olds. I know it isn't... but I can't help but feel that way.

14-16 year olds? More like 4-6. I went back to WoW after nearly a 3-year hiatus. Holy cow, it's like walking into a Toys R Us during the holiday shopping season. So many doodads and gizzmos and whirlygigs and snorting worgens and noisy bells and whistles (lol whizzbangers). Fargin' cutesy pets all over the place and silly toys. What the hell happened to that game? Made me feel like the Grinch every time I logged in cause I couldn't deal with the cacaphony of sound and color. Dumbed down class rotations and skills, watered down specs/traits. Played for 3 months, cancelled sub again.