Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My Impression

AwakenedAwakened Member UncommonPosts: 595

Anti-Climactic. I actually wrote up a long review in Microsoft Word, but cannot get it to paste here. My apologies, but to contribute my impression of the game... It would summed up as so: Anti-climactic.

The combat and quests are the biggest offenders, though poor coding and balance are to blame as well. The visuals, while technically appreciable, are shamelessly bland. Add in a single player experience on a MMORPG platform, walls of text that do no interest me in the least (not because I don't like lore, but because the lore in this particular game was, well, anti-climactic), one of the worst incarnations of freeform character development I've ever seen in nearly 18 years of MMORPG gaming, and the simple fact that it coding side of the game still feels incomplete, and you have a recipe for a failed game.

It is chugging along with the efforts of TES fans and some MMORPG newcomers who are too green to realize how overshadowed this game is compared to other AAA competition tittles.

I will say this though: Despite my seemingly harsh and negative review, I ALWAYS encourage people to try a game if it looks appealing to them. MMORPG's are a very fickle thing. They can be a love/hate relationship and usually are. For me this is a hate game, but you may love it, and so if you looks interesting to you I recommend you try it. Just don't jump in it expecting groundbreaking combat or an innovative gaming experience. It will provide neither of those. If you want a "safe" theme park style game that's relatively new, then maybe you should give it a whirl.

What greater tribute to free will than the power to question the highest of authority? What greater display of loyalty than blind faith? What greater gift than free will? What greater love than loyalty?

Comments

• yaminsuxyaminsux Member UncommonPosts: 973

*grabs popcorn*

As the saying goes, "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". 

....just saying.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Awakened

Anti-Climactic. I actually wrote up a long review in Microsoft Word, but cannot get it to paste here. My apologies, but to contribute my impression of the game... It would summed up as so: Anti-climactic.

The combat and quests are the biggest offenders, though poor coding and balance are to blame as well. The visuals, while technically appreciable, are shamelessly bland. Add in a single player experience on a MMORPG platform, walls of text that do no interest me in the least (not because I don't like lore, but because the lore in this particular game was, well, anti-climactic), one of the worst incarnations of freeform character development I've ever seen in nearly 18 years of MMORPG gaming, and the simple fact that it coding side of the game still feels incomplete, and you have a recipe for a failed game.

It is chugging along with the efforts of TES fans and some MMORPG newcomers who are too green to realize how overshadowed this game is compared to other AAA competition tittles.

I will say this though: Despite my seemingly harsh and negative review, I ALWAYS encourage people to try a game if it looks appealing to them. MMORPG's are a very fickle thing. They can be a love/hate relationship and usually are. For me this is a hate game, but you may love it, and so if you looks interesting to you I recommend you try it. Just don't jump in it expecting groundbreaking combat or an innovative gaming experience. It will provide neither of those. If you want a "safe" theme park style game that's relatively new, then maybe you should give it a whirl.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AwakenedAwakened Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Awakened

I probably should have clarified that point a bit. I like to experience the lore, not just read it. Some games do this better than others.

What greater tribute to free will than the power to question the highest of authority? What greater display of loyalty than blind faith? What greater gift than free will? What greater love than loyalty?

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by yaminsux

*grabs popcorn*

As the saying goes, "if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all". 

....just saying.

That saying is meant for a person, not an opinion on a video game.

....just saying.

You could actually stop trolling ESO threads since you have no interest here....jussayin

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."