Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Personal Storybook

I believe a had an epiphany when thinking about Roh-Song. How about this. Events will be triggered around you depending on the system they set up with storybricks. Imagine walking into town and npcs all of a sudden being scripted to talk to you as long as you fit the "brick" in the storybrick. Personal quests where multiple npcs now gather around you are simulate an event. It is like a personal "instance" without stepping through the portal (zone in). Or strolling in Kithicor and have dryads change what they are doing and gather around you or spawning enemy mobs before you even accept the quest. Just random out of the blue. Just because your Roh-Song tells the game you are the right person for the job...Is this feasible does anyone know? Is this the future? Or have multiple "triggers" where mulitple conditions are met to still make the world persistant to keep the integrity of a multiplayer game. Any thoughts?

Comments

• AlleinAllein Member RarePosts: 2,139
    While we still know very little of how Storybricks works, but your idea is sort of where I think they are going. Maybe not totally spontaneous events, but if NPCs/mobs have needs/wants and a players's past actions have impact on how others interact with them, I'm assuming if I talk to or walk up to an NPC, it might result in a different response then another. This seems how quests and learning new classes will work. Too early to say exactly, but what I like about EQN and SB is the potential. They don't seem so black and white as other games. As time progresses and players adventure, the possibilities can multiply.