Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Where did my nerd go?

HarkynHarkyn Member Posts: 67

I play one match of cs go, or one match of LoL and I'm bored, I frequently open steam to see if there's a game I want to buy, or to check my games list, same for Origin, but I can't bring myself to actually open a game and play it.

Ever felt like this? I'm a gamer who doesn't play games, wtf.

I spend most of my free time just reading about politics, especially now since it's election year, or just reading some of the random crap you can find on the internets. :/ 

Did my nerd get cured? I don't know, but I'm bored.

Maybe I should read a book or something, anyone can recommend something good?

I got GTA V pre ordered for pc, but I think it's not until like the end of the month it releases.

I'm a gamer and I play games, not virtual vending machines.

Comments

• DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797

I felt exactly the same like you, thats why im playing EVE again and im thinking about buying a Wii U. 

Btw im playing CS:GO and LoL (mostly aram) too.

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I am also a gamer not playing games,i am watching end time prophesys on the net very intertaining and informative.

I know I will be playing hard again as soon as bloodborne releases,11 weeks to go for the only game worth playing BLOODBORNE!

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    When I get this way, it's because of something stirring around in the backburner of my mind which I know I've been putting off and needs to be resolved. I'm not going to list sordid details of my life, but in general they're things like spending more time with family members, reaching a goal in career or income achievement or even just house spring cleaning. Once I feel I've worked out whatever is directing my subconscious attention, I can relax and enjoy hobbies and pastimes, like gaming, more.
  • handlewithcarehandlewithcare Member Posts: 322

I have a lot of free time on my hands,luckely not married and I am an investor so I don't have to work from 9-5 but there are no good games to play,games don't evolve quality wise only the graffix gets better.

I have not played shourd of the avatar yet and its getting good ratings,ill just play a little bit of everything I have till bloodborne comes,after this I don't know what ill play-I want to play with others single player games are so boring!

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393

Nope - same thing has happened to me too

Here's what I've done to help out

1.  Took up home brewing

2. Workout a lot more

3. Took up cooking

4. Playing more card games at home with friends and family

5. Watched more TV -? can't believe this one - I hate TV - maybe it's because playoff football and the Bucks just rocked Alabama

6. Reading a lot more

7. Listening to podcasts - you ever hear of serial.org ? Oh man listen to episode 1 and you will be hooked and wanting more even after you get through episode 12 - for the record (I think he did it, but I don't think they had enough to put him away)

8. Keep an eye out on gaming news / so called gaming news / we all know it's gaming hype/propoganda ... 

9. Try playing your games with a different mindset - I don't know if your a progression, explorer, .... crafter .... whatever ... try being more unorthodox ie - load up GTA V and ramp a car over something you thought was impossible, rp more in any game - I recommend  ARMA3 or DayZ

10. Get more sleep - we never got enough anyhow

• HarkynHarkyn Member Posts: 67

Originally posted by Adjuvant1
    When I get this way, it's because of something stirring around in the backburner of my mind which I know I've been putting off and needs to be resolved. I'm not going to list sordid details of my life, but in general they're things like spending more time with family members, reaching a goal in career or income achievement or even just house spring cleaning. Once I feel I've worked out whatever is directing my subconscious attention, I can relax and enjoy hobbies and pastimes, like gaming, more.

That's a really good point, there might be some things distracting me.

Originally posted by Battlerock

Nope - same thing has happened to me too

Here's what I've done to help out

1.  Took up home brewing

2. Workout a lot more

3. Took up cooking

4. Playing more card games at home with friends and family

5. Watched more TV -? can't believe this one - I hate TV - maybe it's because playoff football and the Bucks just rocked Alabama

6. Reading a lot more

7. Listening to podcasts - you ever hear of serial.org ? Oh man listen to episode 1 and you will be hooked and wanting more even after you get through episode 12 - for the record (I think he did it, but I don't think they had enough to put him away)

8. Keep an eye out on gaming news / so called gaming news / we all know it's gaming hype/propoganda ... 

9. Try playing your games with a different mindset - I don't know if your a progression, explorer, .... crafter .... whatever ... try being more unorthodox ie - load up GTA V and ramp a car over something you thought was impossible, rp more in any game - I recommend  ARMA3 or DayZ

10. Get more sleep - we never got enough anyhow

Home brewing sounds cool, but I live in an apartment.

I agree with the rest, I'm doing most of what you're saying, but I'll try to do it even more so.

I need to do more exercise / workout, I'll check out the some podcast and the one you recommended as well.

And last about the mindset, I'll give this a go as well.. I tend to get locked into this fast-progression playstyle instead of goofing around and just enjoying it, you know what i mean.

Thanks for the recommendations.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,014
    Originally posted by Harkyn

lol, you can homebrew in an apartment.

I used to live with friends who would regularly homebrew ... in our apartment. One of them, who is a pianist and a composer, actually became a professional homebrewer for several years before moving up to maine with his wife. He now whiles away his life, dong "maine things, writing music, spending time with his wife, etc. He just had a successful kickstarter for a recording with his jazz trio so he is starting that ...

And he is a video game player.

Everything everyone is saying sounds great. It's ok to have various facets of your life come into focus and lose focus over time.

go out and enjoy yourself and if you want to play games again you will.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Sovrath
    Originally posted by Harkyn

lol, you can homebrew in an apartment.

I used to live with friends who would regularly homebrew ... in our apartment. One of them, who is a pianist and a composer, actually became a professional homebrewer for several years before moving up to maine with his wife. He now whiles away his life, dong "maine things, writing music, spending time with his wife, etc. He just had a successful kickstarter for a recording with his jazz trio so he is starting that ...

And he is a video game player.

Everything everyone is saying sounds great. It's ok to have various facets of your life come into focus and lose focus over time.

go out and enjoy yourself and if you want to play games again you will.

I don't think anyone doubts it's possible.

But it does take quite a bit of gear if you're serious about it, and although I like beer and the smell of beer, I'm not sure I would want my entire apartment always smelling of beer.

These things makes it easier to do it in a house / garage.