Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Good Open World ARPG?

ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247

Hi!

I'm wondering if someone here can recommend a good Action RPG with an open world. And by Action I don't mean isometric hack'n'slash. At the moment I only have a PC and I'd prefer rather recent games :)

I have played and liked:

Assassin's Creed Games (liked Black Flag the most)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

TES: Oblivion and Skyrim (didn't like the other ones, though)

Zelda Games

Tales of ... Games

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles

Darksiders 1+2

I'm sure there are more games like those but I'm really not up to date in the gaming world right now. I'm currently trying TERA, but it's less action than I hoped (I chose an archer and I'm basically standing still, killing everything before it comes close).

Also, I'm not that interested in MMOs at the moment.

Any recommendation would be nice! Thank you in advance :)

Comments

• Tindale111Tindale111 Member UncommonPosts: 276
    Try Diablo 3 on hardcore mode or if thats not your thing Dmc :)
  • DaikuruDaikuru Member RarePosts: 797
    Gothic, Risen, Fallout comes to mind, maybe Two Worlds.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

- Albert Einstein

• rertezrertez Member UncommonPosts: 230
    If you liked Assassin's Creed you'll probably love Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. It's a brilliant action RPG with great and fluid combat.
  • ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by Daikuru
    Gothic, Risen, Fallout comes to mind, maybe Two Worlds.

Thanks!

Fallout isn't really my setting. And I tried Gothic 3 and Two Worlds 1 back in the day. I think there's some unwritten rule that all German RPGs have to have super clunky and awkward combat.

But maybe they fixed it in the sequels - I might give it a shot :)

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Yeah, Shadows of Mordor and Fallout 3/Fallout New Vegas came to my mind as three games that are missing from your list. If you get a Fallout game, I'd say start with New Vegas personally. It was $5 over the Christmas break. Either way, those three games are amazing and if you enjoy the genre you are describing, none of them should be missed.
  • ShorunShorun Member UncommonPosts: 247
    Originally posted by rertez
    If you liked Assassin's Creed you'll probably love Middle-Earth: Shadow of Mordor. It's a brilliant action RPG with great and fluid combat.

This actually looks good! Normally I just scroll ahead when I read something about movie- or book-based games.