Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Column] Elder Scrolls Online: A Look Back at 2014

Comments

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by KaitarBesh
    Except yeah, it actually did ruin the game for me. Sorry, but your standards are obviously not mine. I don't like running into a public dungeon and seeing "QUEST COMPLETE" or "OBJECTIVE COMPLETE".  It happened several times and to me, that's a turn off. If you like it? Good for you. I don't.

And it still doesn't take away the fact I dislike the megaserver to begin with.

So I don't think so, but nice try.

You could however still do the actual objective if you want? If not then I understand your frustration, if you want still dot he objective then I fail to see a problem. Just do not turn the quest in till you done the objective yourself. 

• oolouoolou Member Posts: 7

Favourite change was the addition of the undaunted dailies.  The dailies gave a reason to redo the dungeons and revived interest in grouping up in my guild. I'm not bothered about the end rewards, just want to have fun playing the game with others when I'm not in the mood for solo levelling thru the quests.

Really I think ESO has got the balance right between group and solo play. Variety is good :)

And I'm looking forward to spellcrafting at some point this year!

• TeamUpTeamUp Member UncommonPosts: 22
    I stopped playing one month into the games release because I was unable to adapt to (IMO) the horrible UI.  If the UI has improved, or if they have offered controller support, I want to give this game another try.  I have not been able to find any information on UI updates.  If anyone knows I would appreciate it.
  • RomtimRomtim Member Posts: 175
    Originally posted by MikePaladin

Decided to return but stoped at veteran 1  last time I exploted Craglorn to vet 12   but without that exploit I will not continue to play .

Sad fact but veteran ranks are dumb grinding and now was nerfed and take a lot of time sorry ZOS and gameing industy but fuck you I love my family my gf and I need to get a job .

If veteran crap is removed Im back if not I sell may account again second time..

So basically, if you were spending 4 hours a day doing endgame instead of spending 4 hours a day getting to endgame, you would not love your family, your gf and not get a job? 

Its a game, and whatever you do is playing the game. You set for yourself "goals" to do this and that, just to feel good about it? Oh i leveled to v12! Wow I feel good about myself, perhaps i need not get a job!

Pathetic. Get a life, and enjoy PLAYING the game. 

• uriel_mafessuriel_mafess Member UncommonPosts: 148
    Decent game but sadlly just another one in the whole MMO sea. Maybe when the final product release comes for consoles it will boosted to a more complete and objectively worthy game. Works have been going slowly but steady with that aim. I hope they make it.
  • Bernsie117Bernsie117 Member Posts: 1
    Got the game for Christmas, unfortunately haven't been able to login since. Several have the same problem as site won't give access to account to activate yet. They're working on it I guess, but what's the hurry, they don't need my sub anyway. lol
  • AkhratosAkhratos Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by Bernsie117
    Got the game for Christmas, unfortunately haven't been able to login since. Several have the same problem as site won't give access to account to activate yet. They're working on it I guess, but what's the hurry, they don't need my sub anyway. lol

Send them a ticket asking for a 24h day pass.

You will be able to use such code to activate you subscription.

• B11zzardB11zzard Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Thank you for nostalgy =) You forgot about Trial's Hardmodes in 1.3, so it was new PVE content.

• SaoldanSaoldan Member Posts: 3
    Man i wanna try this game out. Anyone with a buddy pass to spare? [email protected]
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Originally posted by Saoldan
    Man i wanna try this game out. Anyone with a buddy pass to spare? [email protected]

Dont think ESO has any kind of buddy key or trial system at all. Amazon has the game going at a nice price right now at 40% off for $19.79 image

http://www.amazon.com/Elder-Scrolls-Online-Game-Code/dp/B00I4BGNVM/ref=sr_1_2_twi_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1420210666&sr=1-2&keywords=the+elder+scrolls

• heroofnoneheroofnone Member UncommonPosts: 10
    Loving a lot of the content updating, balancing, improvements with lip syncing, dyes, guild stores, and more.

There are still improvements to be made however, where large scale PVP (150+) can lag, though not crash most people.

With the upcoming 1.6 we will be shown the new champion system, justice sytem, and more.

If you are curious about the game, have questions, or want to see some play testing, check out my stream , I'm on most nights after 8pm EST. There are also a lot of other friendly streamers out there that will take your questions =3
  • repubrepub Member UncommonPosts: 25

Horses still are over 15,000 gold for the lowest speed. Still no serverwide auction house. PVE grouping is bugged still. And Imperials are still behind a paywall. 

Ain't worth the 20 bucks I spent on the Steam sale. It's broken. Fix the economy and put in an auction house and it will be almost playable as a FTP title. As an Elder Scrolls title, it's the worst I've played since Battlespire. 

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

"Fix the economy?"  That's actually funny.  The guild stores work just fine, and in any case you don't *need* to buy items in the shop to be competitive.  Crafted gear is strong, the dropped sets are nice, and there is an opening for trading between shops (you know...actual shopping!) rather than fantasy Amazon.com. 

This is one case where people have gotten used to a terrible system (omniscient Auction House) that badly distorts game play - and which doesn't even act like a real market, since unlike the real world items materialize out of thin air.

It's actually jarring for me now to go to games with those absurd nameplates floating around all over the place and the odd dynamics of auction houses.  And I also very much like the megaserver - as the game always feels lively and full of people, avoiding the boom and bust nature of individual servers.

Finally - FYI the quest completion had a few iterations.  They had problems with people not being able to complete them, so they added a wide area for global completions - which they subsequently toned down.  I've just run my 4th toon through the quest line (one per class) and I didn't have a quest autocomplete once.  It did happen at one time, but that was patched out quite some time ago.

If I handed over another 20 bucks I get a horse for 1 gold eh? That's the problem. It is broken - or you could more accurately say, it is a scam.

The "guild merchants" are not accessible for solo players as a way to make money. You have to run around to find them, each has different stock, none of which have decent filtering, and it is disconnected from each other. 

The fact is that horses cost 15,000 gold UNLESS you pay an extra 20 bucks. That's outrageous. It is a game that is not ready for primetime and has set basic functionality (horses & Imperial race) behind a paywall that is equal to 100% of Today's discounted price. There is no realistic way for a standard, casual player to earn enough for a horse before he or she hits max level. There is no way for a player to get an Imperial character - a staple of this setting - unless he or she pays that 20 bucks again. This is on top of a 20 dollar box price AND an unchanged 15 buck a month sub price.

This is not an acceptable condition for an MMO to be at launch, much less 9 months in. Fix the economy, drop the horse prices to  1/10th of the current insane ridiculous amounts and put in a global auction house. The current setup has no worth and no point except to milk 20 extra dollars from anyone who wants to play. It's a cash grab that makes Korean grind fests envious.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by repub

If I handed over another 20 bucks I get a horse for 1 gold eh? That's the problem. It is broken - or you could more accurately say, it is a scam.

The "guild merchants" are not accessible for solo players as a way to make money. You have to run around to find them, each has different stock, none of which have decent filtering, and it is disconnected from each other. 

The fact is that horses cost 15,000 gold UNLESS you pay an extra 20 bucks. That's outrageous. It is a game that is not ready for primetime and has set basic functionality (horses & Imperial race) behind a paywall that is equal to 100% of Today's discounted price. There is no realistic way for a standard, casual player to earn enough for a horse before he or she hits max level. There is no way for a player to get an Imperial character - a staple of this setting - unless he or she pays that 20 bucks again. This is on top of a 20 dollar box price AND an unchanged 15 buck a month sub price.

This is not an acceptable condition for an MMO to be at launch, much less 9 months in. Fix the economy, drop the horse prices to  1/10th of the current insane ridiculous amounts and put in a global auction house. The current setup has no worth and no point except to milk 20 extra dollars from anyone who wants to play. It's a cash grab that makes Korean grind fests envious.

Didn't you just say in another forum that you got the game on a Steam sale for $20? seems to me even if you do the Imperial Edition upgrade, you're still more than $20 bucks ahead of the game. Anything else you want added to make you happy? Fries maybe?

Horses still are over 15,000 gold for the lowest speed. Still no serverwide auction house. PVE grouping is bugged still. And Imperials are still behind a paywall. 

Ain't worth the 20 bucks I spent on the Steam sale. It's broken. Fix the economy and put in an auction house and it will be almost playable as a FTP title. As an Elder Scrolls title, it's the worst I've played since Battlespire. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

No, as you quoted I said I spent 20 bucks in Steam. To upgrade to Imperial it would have been another 20 bucks. 

Basic functionality (movement, Imperial race) is behind a 20 dollar paywall. What did I want for my money? Not to be given a half a game requiring another 20 dollar payment to get basic functionality.

This game is not worth the 20 dollars I paid - is certainly not worth 40, and those who paid the extra for a horse and the Imperial race characters have been cheated. This is a mediocre alpha, a crappy beta, but as a release I'd say it's worth a bucket of warm spit. Maybe.

As an Elder Scrolls game, it's the worst release in 18 years (Battlespire released in Nov 1997).

EDIT: Ya know, what the hell. Never tell someone their car was a bad choice. TESO is just not for me. I enjoy having all options in the game for the standard price. I guess I'm just odd that way, wanting all the normal functionality in the standard version. I can tell others really enjoy buying their horse and Imperial race choice for extra. Enjoy. Takes all kinds - and have a Happy New Year as well. 

No, as you quoted I said I spent 20 bucks in Steam. To upgrade to Imperial it would have been another 20 bucks. 

Basic functionality (movement, Imperial race) is behind a 20 dollar paywall. What did I want for my money? Not to be given a half a game requiring another 20 dollar payment to get basic functionality.

This game is not worth the 20 dollars I paid - is certainly not worth 40, and those who paid the extra for a horse and the Imperial race characters have been cheated. This is a mediocre alpha, a crappy beta, but as a release I'd say it's worth a bucket of warm spit. Maybe.

As an Elder Scrolls game, it's the worst release in 18 years (Battlespire released in Nov 1997).

Deluxe editions in MMOs are a pretty typical thing and usually come with a mount - a starter mount just like the one you get here. MMOs have been doing this for many years. You can argue that the Imperial race is an odd thing to also include as a deluxe edition (and you'd be reviving a 9 month-old argument from the ESO forums here) perk, and you'd have a point.

My point is that you still got it at less than half price even if you do pay extra for the Imperial Edition.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

[mod edit]

If you haven't earned 25K gold by level 15, you're doing something horribly wrong. 42K by level 20 is very doable too.

― Umberto Eco

― CD PROJEKT RED

• ohioastroohioastro Member UncommonPosts: 534

Some people just want to be given everything at level 1.  I did not buy the deluxe edition and I had my first (fancy) horse at level 30.  The only reason that it took me so long is that I did all of the crafting traits, so I didn't vendor most of the items that I got.  If you do vendor them, even at low level you get well more than 1.000 gold / hour just doing basic things.

The way that you're talking about horses and gold betrays an utter lack of familiarity with the game.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Iselin

[mod edit]

If you haven't earned 25K gold by level 15, you're doing something horribly wrong. 42K by level 20 is very doable too.

Unlike f2p play games ESO gives gold very freely. There's not trick, just quest. They want you to have it. In fact the keep upping gold rewards both in pvp and pve. Weird huh? As far as Imperials. I bought the Imperial edition and still have never made one. I only have Redguards.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by bcbully

[mod edit]

Unlike f2p play games ESO gives gold very freely. There's not trick, just quest. They want you to have it. In fact the keep upping gold rewards both in pvp and pve. Weird huh? As far as Imperials. I bought the Imperial edition and still have never made one. I only have Redguards.

GEEZ they just give everything away in this game it's Sooo easy mode.  I mean they don't even have arrows how can it be an RPG! 

• BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Oh dear ^^

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Tasslehoff35
    Originally posted by bcbully

[mod edit]

GEEZ they just give everything away in this game it's Sooo easy mode.  I mean they don't even have arrows how can it be an RPG! 

I know what you mean. I miss the little things. I wish ESO had more of that stuff. I think the rpg in ESO for me comes from the skill system. Some how my Redguard Stamina Nightblade Werewolf is my favorite character across all games. So many ways to play.  Another odd thing is that you can walk around ESO anywhere and see role playing. I think that comes from the rich lore, atmosphere, chat bubbles and metric ton of emotes. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • BladestromBladestrom Member UncommonPosts: 5,001
    Ye today I had a quest to go to st the other side of the map and I ended up choosing to wander over hunting for chests and enjoying the view.

rpg/mmorg history: Dun Darach>Bloodwych>Bards Tale 1-3>Eye of the beholder > Might and Magic 2,3,5 > FFVII> Baldur's Gate 1, 2 > Planescape Torment >Morrowind > WOW > oblivion > LOTR > Guild Wars (1900hrs elementalist) Vanguard. > GW2(1000 elementalist), Wildstar

Now playing GW2, AOW 3, ESO, LOTR, Elite D

• Tasslehoff35Tasslehoff35 Member UncommonPosts: 962
    Originally posted by Bladestrom
    Ye today I had a quest to go to st the other side of the map and I ended up choosing to wander over hunting for chests and enjoying the view.

Hmm sounds like what I do in WoW.  

Today I had a quest (in WoW) as i was doing it i ran into a bonus quest area, in that bonus quest area i found some treasures and a couple rares.  While doing all of this I was enjoying the view.  After spending a few hours doing this i went back to my Garrison and I had an invasion because the faction i was destroying got all pissed and is now attacking my Garrsion.  I grabbed a couple Guild mates and we defeated the invasion.