Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Award] General: The Great MMO Face-Off of 2014 - THE FINALS

Comments

• WaltandrianWaltandrian Member UncommonPosts: 23

During this poll I somewhat realized how many MMORPG's I play. xD

In all seriousness though I have to give this one to LOTRO and TSW. For LOTRO its more a thing of loyalty, I played that game for so many damn hours and I was subscribed through some interesting times in my life, plus I didn't even play all the way through ESO's beta cause it didn't really grab my attention like I thought it might.

And I voted for TSW mostly because even though I haven't played it (yet) it seems like a game I'd enjoy more than I enjoyed EVE, which isn't really my niche.

You only have one life. Are you living it the way you should?

• Dominoid73Dominoid73 Member UncommonPosts: 30

Deleted

• DelindsayDelindsay Member Posts: 2
    Come on folks, don't let TSW beat Eve, a far superior game.
  • gasperkgasperk Member Posts: 84
    Voted ESO TSW. Wish i could also vote for EvE, fantastic game also... deserves more than they get.
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Tehhi
    Originally posted by Alphashado  I log in to ESO every day and I never saw anything like that.

Same here.

Same here. I checked my log in screen a couple hours later and didn't see it. Photoshop crossed my mind aswell.

ESO - Look at it.

EVE - Even though I didn't play EVE long, I gained a healthy respect for what it was about. TSW is the best written mmorpg ever, but the pvp was equally as bad. PvP is very important to me.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by DMKano

Like I said earlier both TSW and ESO let their players know about the contest because they need the publicity, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

Eeh, at this point I almost think it was the illuminati or one of those cheeky Dragons spreading misinformation image

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Like I said earlier both TSW and ESO let their players know about the contest because they need the publicity, otherwise they wouldn't do it.

No matter how much you "don't need it", never turn down free publicity or advertising regardless of how significant or insignificant you may think it is. 

• RktimRktim Member Posts: 1
    Originally posted by Dreamo84
    Go TSW go!!! The little game that could... *tears up*

Hell yeah!

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    OK - my vote is in , I was having trouble deciding, but then I heard ESO and TSW both needed help with publicity, so I voted for ESO and TSW respective.
  • ragecryxragecryx Member UncommonPosts: 3

TSW in part looks like how World of Darkness would be... so its extra funny that its up against EVE.

I play TSW, I played EVE both are awesome, both should be the finalists. I would vote TSW but I will vote EVE because its the only game alive that still respects the word MASSIVELY by means of player interactions in the MMORPG genre.

Also, anti-vote for ESO
  • factory_666factory_666 Member UncommonPosts: 2

Voted ESO - the only MMORPG that hooked me since vanilla WoW back in 2004. And for the money spent it keeps on giving. 

Can't vote for TSW or EvE as neither ever looked like something I wanted to play. I'm sure they are great games however, so good luck to them. LOTRO is a Veteran on the scene, so I don't think they need luck. 

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by ragecryx

TSW in part looks like how World of Darkness would be... so its extra funny that its up against EVE.

I play TSW, I played EVE both are awesome, both should be the finalists. I would vote TSW but I will vote EVE because its the only game alive that still respects the word MASSIVELY by means of player interactions in the MMORPG genre.

Also, anti-vote for ESO

The lower the polygon count, the easier it is to do Massively Multiplayer... empty space is...umm... empty.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

What do these accounts have in common? All created recently and all voting for ESO........ESO fans seem desperate.

Havrim - Member since December 30, 2014
    Goresnort - Member since December 23, 2014
    oolou - Member since December 4, 2014
    TequilaFire - Member since December 23, 2014
    Alphashado - Member since December 16, 2014
    factory_666 - Member since December 24, 2014

And they all only have posts in this thread.

Originally posted by Iselin

Also, anti-vote for ESO

The lower the polygon count, the easier it is to do Massively Multiplayer... empty space is...umm... empty.

Thats why i said player interactions. Its not only about the battle scale, its the interactions you have with the other players.

Originally posted by TalulaRose

What do these accounts have in common? All created recently and all voting for ESO........ESO fans seem desperate.

Havrim - Member since December 30, 2014
    Goresnort - Member since December 23, 2014
    oolou - Member since December 4, 2014
    TequilaFire - Member since December 23, 2014
    Alphashado - Member since December 16, 2014
    factory_666 - Member since December 24, 2014

And they all only have posts in this thread.

I guess they missed the message that you run MMORPG and made this a closed election. Go straighten them out. 

• ArikaenArikaen Member Posts: 12
    My vote goes to ESO because I love this game. But congrats to LOTRO either way.
  • axislipaxislip Member Posts: 1
    After a 3 month hiatus, coming back to the elder scrolls has been a blast. They have improved the game greatly, removed the bugs and optimised. 1.6 just around the corner, aint no better time to be playing.
  • lexxingtonlexxington Member UncommonPosts: 2
    in the last two rounds i've been unable to vote. nothing happens when clicking the button, tried it in three browsers...
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by lexxington

in the last two rounds i've been unable to vote. nothing happens when clicking the button, tried it in three browsers...

because you can only vote once - lol that is silly
  • IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719

Also, anti-vote for ESO

Thats why i said player interactions. Its not only about the battle scale, its the interactions you have with the other players.

By that criteria, this site is an MMO. Being able to trade or chat with each other does not pose a challenge to being Massively Multiplayer - any lobby game can do that.

The term is meaningless unless you're talking about capacity for a massive amount of players to concurrently occupy rendered space in the game world along with all the rendered ambient objects.

If you're going to praise one game for being a single-server massively multiplayer game you have to at least acknowledge why the more graphic intensive games can't match that - it's not a badge of honor, just a product of the lower tech demands EVE has.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• B11zzardB11zzard Member UncommonPosts: 13
    Originally posted by B11zzard
    Originally posted by Alphashado

Do you have a screen shot of that accusation? I log in to ESO every day and I never saw anything like that. The only thing I've seen from the staff is a forum moderator on one thread pop in to say great job.

Yeah, i never saw that. ESO haiters Photoshop?

If somebody, except screen author proves this, then i will believe. 

• JaedorJaedor Member UncommonPosts: 1,173

LOTRO and TSW!

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100
    I voted LotRO, first world problems and all. I hope ESO peoples' panties are in a twist.

Also, anti-vote for ESO

By that criteria, this site is an MMO. Being able to trade or chat with each other does not pose a challenge to being Massively Multiplayer - any lobby game can do that.

The term is meaningless unless you're talking about capacity for a massive amount of players to concurrently occupy rendered space in the game world along with all the rendered ambient objects.

If you're going to praise one game for being a single-server massively multiplayer game you have to at least acknowledge why the more graphic intensive games can't match that - it's not a badge of honor, just a product of the lower tech demands EVE has.

Chat is not player interaction. When we are talking about gameplay, player interactions are the interactions caused by game mechanics. As example consider the implications pvp has in EVE and in TSW/GuildWars2. So, what you say is that TSW couldnt be made in a way that has more player interactions and with more meaning? So if we had a client that 500.000 people walk around with an avatar with no interactions between them that makes it an MMO?

In my mind its the meaningful direct or indirect interactions between lots of players that make it an MMO. (indirect -> not necessarily on the same virtual space)

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

ESO is still growing, while Lotro is on the decline.  I loved Lotro, but as with most of the RP community I've switched to ESO.

Kind of the same deal for Eve and TSW.  And I never liked TSW, it had no polish at all when I played it.