Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legend of Silkroad: Service to End on December 31st

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

According to a notice on the Legend of Silkroad site, game service will officially end on December 31st. Publisher JCPlanet cites developer difficulties as the reason for the shutdown.

It is with a heavy heart that today we must inform you that on December 31st, 2014, JC Planet will shut down the servers for Legend of Silkroad according to developer’s difficulty. Also, forum and the website will be closed to players by then.

Although this was a very difficult decision to discontinue, we believe this will allow us to focus on servicing new and engaging games.We sincerely appreciate your continued support and understanding.  

We look forward to seeing you again in our other games!

Find out more on the Legend of Silkroad site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• DakeruDakeru Member EpicPosts: 3,802

Yeah heavy hearted...

That's why you are giving your players a 1 week warning.

What a wonderful announcement right on christmas.

Disgusting

Harbinger of Fools
  • SoloAnythingSoloAnything Member UncommonPosts: 308
    Another free to play going down. Actually there are many other free to play crappy games that have no population whatsoever and still up and runnin I hope they all die and clear some space on the web.
  • TalulaRoseTalulaRose Member RarePosts: 1,247

A f2p game going under because the f2p crowd didn't support the game.....you don't say.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Not sure, but the forbidden skill is under cooldown :D

• HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Game was always dead, just look at how active those forums are.

Also I have never heard of this game nor any of their other games, but I do see random item boxes so I know why.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• mussolinimussolini Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Publishers! Please stop making games! Find a normal job! It was fail before borned.
  • SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Sooo.. a quick reskin of the models and some UI changes and in 2 months we'll have the beta-key giveaways for "Hero of Legend" or some such ? Founder pack prices will be announced soon after...
  • Afro-ThunderAfro-Thunder Member UncommonPosts: 86
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Sooo.. a quick reskin of the models and some UI changes and in 2 months we'll have the beta-key giveaways for "Hero of Legend" or some such ? Founder pack prices will be announced soon after...

Funny, but a perfectly accurate statement!

Sad part is people will shell out for said packs...

• BoneserinoBoneserino Member UncommonPosts: 1,768

I think the big-ass swords and all the sparklies killed it.  

I was almost blinded watching the video. image

FFA Nonconsentual Full Loot PvP ...You know you want it!!

• WarlyxWarlyx Member EpicPosts: 3,361
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko

QFT lol

• kinkyJalepenokinkyJalepeno Member UncommonPosts: 1,044

We need more of this to happen..  Might make studios think twice before making an endless stream of F2P dross !!

• UnlocoUnloco Member UncommonPosts: 13

They made all their videos private now