Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So its 19.79 on Steam

rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Risk the buy and get a free month and the game in case it goes Buy to play (instead of full on free to play) or wait and see if you get it for free outright?

Tough decision. Still have a few more days anyway.

Comments

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by rodarin

Risk the buy and get a free month and the game in case it goes Buy to play (instead of full on free to play) or wait and see if you get it for free outright?

Tough decision. Still have a few more days anyway.

Even if it were to go F2P outright, you'd still have advantages for owning the box. Just look at all the other games who've converted like RIFT, TERA, TSW, SWTOR, etc...

So whatever you do, the money won't be wasted. (Well, unless you really despise the game, but it's decent enough IMO and worth the low price)

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    WoW will go b2p or f2p before ESO.

Spend the 20 bucks and you will understand.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    Originally posted by bcbully

Sadly, many people thought other games before TESO would have the same fate....yet WoW still stands. Rift, Tera, SWOTR, Aion, list goes on.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870

*high fives bcbully*

It's always fun to read your posts.  Thanks man.

But yeh, at $20 plus the 30 days of game time it's worth the price to see why we discuss the things we discuss about this game.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• BaitnessBaitness Member UncommonPosts: 675
    It is also 20$ right on the ESO website, buy it when you are ready.  If you have ever dropped over 10 days playtime into an Elder Scrolls game, I think it will get its hooks into you quite quickly.
  • MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

Easy buy. It may go B2P, but it won't go F2P. You'll have to pay for it anyway may as well for that price. I think it's more than worth it in it's current state and offers a bright future. Glad I went back personally after leaving a few weeks after launch.

The improvements to the game have been amazing, they really do listen to the community. 

• kasyoskasyos Member UncommonPosts: 23

WoW won't go f2p but it will do gold exchange for game time and vice versa.

ESO is a good MMO but much different than WoW so I wouldn't compate them at any point.

It really depends what you like, that's it. Don't listen to advice on forums, because it's always only opinion of other person and their point of view about the game. Use the free 10 days or things like that to try any game you want and than decide yourself.

Good luck in your search.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    derial
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

I hated the beta. Well hate might e a strong word. But I was one of the most critical of the game. Mostly because it wasnt delivering ES and just a generic MMO with ESO names in it.

But for 20 bux and with al the changes it might be worth a shot jjust to have it when an inevitable switch to something takes place.

As far as WoW goes (and not to derail my own thread) THAT will be the game. But I suspect it will ge t a lot of flack, because that game has more hackers and botters in it than even AA does and once they start selling game time for gold it will be much much worse I imagine. Thats the main reason I never go back because the last 2 or 3 times I did go back when they gave those free weekend all my toons were naked and broke, and that was even with an authenticator. So its just not worththe aggravation.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Do it - I did - I can say I don't regret it and I purchased the Imperial Edition, I didn't see this coming, but I might actually resub- too. Also - I hated the beta too and flamed this game to hell and back, they must have decided to do something about it - I'm rocking a destro- sorcerer - crafted my own gear, dyed it to my own liking - I look like and feel like a bad ass. I keep getting new staves with different effects and occasionally I bust out a bow - it synergizes well with my ranged skill set
  • YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by rodarin

I hated the beta. Well hate might e a strong word. But I was one of the most critical of the game. Mostly because it wasnt delivering ES and just a generic MMO with ESO names in it.

But for 20 bux and with al the changes it might be worth a shot jjust to have it when an inevitable switch to something takes place.

As far as WoW goes (and not to derail my own thread) THAT will be the game. But I suspect it will ge t a lot of flack, because that game has more hackers and botters in it than even AA does and once they start selling game time for gold it will be much much worse I imagine. Thats the main reason I never go back because the last 2 or 3 times I did go back when they gave those free weekend all my toons were naked and broke, and that was even with an authenticator. So its just not worththe aggravation.

It is well worth the $20. I was also critical of the game when it launched, and there are still things that annoy me about it, but it is far from a generic mmo. It is also far from a Skyrim experience- but it is an amazing and fun game.

• AmbrosiaAmorAmbrosiaAmor Member Posts: 915

Any source to back that up? From the list of 600+ online/MMO games listed on this site, you only have about a dozen games left that use the P2P business model exclusively. If WOW does go F2P/B2P before ESO I will be shocked. But what if ESO goes F2P/B2P first before WOW? I'm curious to what your response will be if it happens? Key phrase here is "if it happens."

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    There are discussions already happening about the game and we don't really need another thread that's ultimately a vaguely disguised f2p/b2p discussion.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.