Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Pathfinder Online: Early Enrollment to Open December 31st

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Backers and fans of Pathfinder Online will be pleased to hear that the Early Enrollment process will begin on December 31st. Originally planned for earlier this year, the Early Enrollment was delayed to allow more time for the client to pass the quality standards set by developers. To celebrate the official end of the Alpha, Pathfinder Online alpha testers are being invited to a special event to be held on Tuesday, December 30th.

Lastly, the Pathfinder Online team has big plans for a flood of new information set to be released over the coming days as the commencement of the EE program nears.

In the next two days we have a tremendous amount of information to communicate. We will be publishing blogs that will describe the Early Enrollment process in detail for people who have not been following the project closely, a blog about game time and how we'll be accounting for it in the short and medium term, a blog that will review how Companies and Settlements will be set up in Early Enrollment, and a blog about key resources for people to access as they're learning how to play.

Read the full blog entry on the Pathfinder Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Seems like they are really serious about controlling the pvp in this game.  Going to be interesting how this will work.  At least the devs in this game grasp that subscriptions are important for this type of game unlike the Repopulation devs.

I am going to keep a close eye on this game.  Looks like the developers have done their homework.  Let's hope they can deliver.  It would be nice to have a well done indie game out there.

• F0URTWENTYF0URTWENTY Member UncommonPosts: 349

This game looks like a high school project in it's current state. 

If this developer thinks it can charge a sub fee for this just because it has offline skill gains like eve they will only drive away what few fans they have.

Sure a few people will pay to park their characters and gain xp, but players like me won't want to start playing a few years down the road when its an actual game worth playing if there are alpha players that have a huge pvp advantage for parking characters in an unplayable (imo) alpha.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000
    AoC did that off line xp thing. Making that level leap was nice.

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• KaelaienKaelaien Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Lots of delay with spells. Player cast, a second or so later you see the effect.
  • WolfClawsWolfClaws Member UncommonPosts: 638
    I am a backer, and I really want it to succeed... but I have been burned many o times..
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,986
    backer.. but game needs a TON of work before they should even think about charging a sub. 

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• umcorianumcorian Member UncommonPosts: 519
    I'm a Pathfinder fan and I understand they're going into a Beta... but wow, this doesn't really look good at all. It looks like a game designed in 2001. 
  • strawhat0981strawhat0981 Member RarePosts: 1,198
    Originally posted by Sketch420

This game looks like a high school project in it's current state. 

How can companies charge money for such unfinished products? Trust me I want every person or group of people to become the best company ever, but this is so bad they should go to the dungeon and rot.

Originally posted by laokoko
    "if you want to be a game designer, you should sell your house and fund your game. Since if you won't even fund your own game, no one will".

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    If you backed this game , don't worry , it will deliver upon what was promised, mark my words.
  • HowbadisbadHowbadisbad Member UncommonPosts: 453

Originally posted by Ozmodan Seems like they are really serious about controlling the pvp in this game.  Going to be interesting how this will work.  At least the devs in this game grasp that subscriptions are important for this type of game unlike the Repopulation devs. I am going to keep a close eye on this game.  Looks like the developers have done their homework.  Let's hope they can deliver.  It would be nice to have a well done indie game out there.
    Repopulation has two separate servers, Casual and Hardcore. PVP is controlled on the casual server.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023

repopulation as of now has 2 main problems

a) the combat is really shitty in every way possible (floatish, unresponsive, ability lag, clunky etc. etc.)

b) the crafting is incredibly tedious - not complex, just annoyingly tedious - and i think there crafting specialization system will only work with a lot of players what is contrary to being a niche game

pathfinder has also 2 main problems

a) the exact same as the repopulation...why do devs not understand that the combat mechanics are the one most important issue? because it keeps the game interesting for a long time - once combat gets boring, the game is dead

b) the staff seems to be to small because their development is simply way to slow...with that speed we wont have a "finished" product before 5 years down the line

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Howbadisbad

Originally posted by Ozmodan Seems like they are really serious about controlling the pvp in this game.  Going to be interesting how this will work.  At least the devs in this game grasp that subscriptions are important for this type of game unlike the Repopulation devs. I am going to keep a close eye on this game.  Looks like the developers have done their homework.  Let's hope they can deliver.  It would be nice to have a well done indie game out there.
    Repopulation has two separate servers, Casual and Hardcore. PVP is controlled on the casual server.

The repopulation is also f2p which means every hacker anywhere can get as many accounts as they want.  Every f2p hard core game is a failure just because of that issue.

• flizzerflizzer Member RarePosts: 2,454

You are getting charged a sub to play the alpha?    

Head over to Project Gorgon!   The game is in alpha  and is completely free .   I don't mean f2p cash shop. I mean 100 percent free. .    PG deserves support. 

• Asm0deusAsm0deus Member EpicPosts: 4,407
    Originally posted by Nemesis7884

a) the combat is really shitty in every way possible (floatish, unresponsive, ability lag, clunky etc. etc.)

b) the crafting is incredibly tedious - not complex, just annoyingly tedious - and i think there crafting specialization system will only work with a lot of players what is contrary to being a niche game

a) the exact same as the repopulation...why do devs not understand that the combat mechanics are the one most important issue? because it keeps the game interesting for a long time - once combat gets boring, the game is dead

b) the staff seems to be to small because their development is simply way to slow...with that speed we wont have a "finished" product before 5 years down the line

Indeed.

You forgot to mention the graphics are sucky .

Originally posted by flizzer

Head over to Project Gorgon!   The game is in alpha  and is completely free .   I don't mean f2p cash shop. I mean 100 percent free. .    PG deserves support. 

Agreed, the only thing PG needs is to make the world maps bigger. They should take those first three maps and stick them together to make one bigger one.

Brenics ~ Just to point out I do believe Chris Roberts is going down as the man who cheated backers and took down crowdfunding for gaming.

• OmaliOmali MMO Business CorrespondentMember UncommonPosts: 1,177
    Originally posted by Battlerock
    If you backed this game , don't worry , it will deliver upon what was promised, mark my words.

Consider your words marked.

• vadio123vadio123 Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Good luck for brave warriors still have faith in alphas/beta/gamma projects 
  • MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

Not a fan of the animations. But the fact they are charging a subscription is impressive to me.

Since I rarely find free to play compelling outside of Trove and Marvel Heroes. I'll certainly keep my eye on Pathfinder and give it a fair chance but my gut tells me it's probably a wash. There is a ton of haters focused on this game and I have seen plenty of backers say it sucks.

Still I'll give it a fair chance. Looking for a MMO like this to fill my last rotation spot.  So it's a 50 dollar minimum? Or is it 35? Assuming I am reading any this right. Project Gorgon feels like a better bet.

Originally posted by Ozmodan

The repopulation is also f2p which means every hacker anywhere can get as many accounts as they want.  Every f2p hard core game is a failure just because of that issue.

Not all games are as poorly coded as Archeage, friend.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

Originally posted by Asm0deus

Indeed.

You forgot to mention the graphics are sucky .

Originally posted by flizzer

Agreed, the only thing PG needs is to make the world maps bigger. They should take those first three maps and stick them together to make one bigger one.

games with sucky graphics can still be successfull but the mechanics need to sit perfectly (look at mount & blade for example which i played over 200 hours in multiplayer)

u will ALWAYS have issues with hackers and bots because regardless of how smart your 100 developpers are, there are 10'000 of hackers out there with nothing else to do the whole day...

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271

u will ALWAYS have issues with hackers and bots because regardless of how smart your 100 developpers are, there are 10'000 of hackers out there with nothing else to do the whole day...

It's really more like 10 programmers, because the rest of the team are working on content, and one hacker, with 10k downloads for his hack.

• GrimulaGrimula Member UncommonPosts: 644

The Goblin Models look really awesome !!  I love that style of Green skin Midget  =)

Looks good to me

• Ket_VilianoKet_Viliano Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Originally posted by Grimula

The Goblin Models look really awesome !!  I love that style of Green skin Midget  =)

Looks good to me

The monster models look good, they have good concept art. However, the rendering is weak overall, and the textures are from limited to awful in quality. The cloaks are rendered with very few polygons, and are over textured to give the illusion of depth. I want to like it, but it could be so very much better. The UI elements cover and conceal the models, and the animations are amateurish, I do expect better from a professional team.

The thing is, Paizo publishing is where all the guys who made D&D wound up; Frank Mentzer, Ed Greenwood, they have the very best content people in pen and paper. Heck, those guys created pen and paper roleplay, but I don't think that means anything in video games.

IMHO, they need a better engine ASAP, and to hire better animation talent. And better texture artists too. The content guys can stay, and dream up more cool stuff, but the project as a whole is lacking in talent, and skill, and in good judgement. One good digital artist and a better engine could turn this thing around, or so I hope.

( For those who do not know, Frank Mentzer ( think I spelled that right ) worked with Gary Gygax, and Guy Arneson, on the original D&D game way back in the 70's, and Ed Greenwood made up the Forgotten Realms, a world as detailed and thorough as Tolkien ). But most of you know this.

Originally posted by Howbadisbad   Originally posted by Ozmodan Originally posted by Howbadisbad   Originally posted by Ozmodan Seems like they are really serious about controlling the pvp in this game.  Going to be interesting how this will work.  At least the devs in this game grasp that subscriptions are important for this type of game unlike the Repopulation devs. I am going to keep a close eye on this game.  Looks like the developers have done their homework.  Let's hope they can deliver.  It would be nice to have a well done indie game out there.

Well bots are relatively easy to deal with, you just kill them and take all their stuff since they pose as much challenge as a PVE enemy.

As for hacking, there is very little of it, if any, in tab target mmos. Archeage is the only mmo I have ever heard of that had teleport hacks and such, I have no idea how a AAA studio could fuck up so badly as to allow players to inject packets determining their location, or whatever else they fucked up if it wasn't that.

Waiting for:
    The Repopulation
    Albion Online

• dllddlld Member UncommonPosts: 615
    That video is a year old, anything changed visually now?