Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Trion actively silencing PvPers

2»

Comments

• VelocinoxVelocinox Member UncommonPosts: 1,010
    Originally posted by Adjuvant1
    Originally posted by Velocinox

Read the red text and pout, for your technical correctness was already covered. NORMAL revolvers. Not the one (and only one) made in Russia to specifically use a suppressor. And the pistol in the picture is a NORMAL revolver. :)

Sorry, but you don't get to be Hermes Conrad today and be technically correct.

That weapon was not "made to specifically use a suppressor". There was no such concept in that era. The design was an attempt to increase projectile velocity via regulation of the direction gases are expelled from the reaction. You are wrong, sir.

The weapon in that man's hand is a Nagant M1895 revolver, not a S&W snub-nose .38. It wasn't just "any revolver" either. That weapon was used by police agencies all over the world through the 1950s and used in active service as recently as the Vietnam war.

This is the last time I'm going to try to discuss with you if you're going to overtly be an curmudgeon about minor things.

edit: You can tell it's a Nagant M1895 from size, shape, and the distinctly bare ejector rod.

That is a 20s Smith and Wesson Model 10 in the picture, not a Nagant M1895...

You can tell by how the trigger guard is recessed from the crane, and how the crane is blocky, the crane on the Nagant tapers in to the trigger guard, the crane on the S&W only tapers midway and then straightens out.

Also the ejector rod is flush with the barrel (no light between them in the picture) as in the S&W and not separate like the Nagant.

As well as the frame near the hammer curves gently rather than a hard curve.

Recessed trigger guard from blocky crane and attached ejector rod on S&W

Flush trigger guard to tapering crane and separated ejector rod on Nagant M1895

I suppose the best proof though is why would Hollywood go to Russia for its detective movie pistols when it has thousands of them right here at home made by S&W... (Not to mention why would American police forces do the same?)

I think I have a compromise. You're right about the trigger guard. I can't find examples of a Nagant with such a design. I thought because of the angle and lighting the ejector rod appeared flush. You argued no revolvers could be suppressed except one made to be suppressed. The compromise is that the weapon in the pic is a toy, not an actual revolver firing blanks. There were revolvers on which could be fit an effective suppressor, which was not the intent of the design, but that rendition is not such a weapon.

How is that.

All I want to know is why you got so serious over what was initially just a joke DMKano made as a play on the words 'PvP players silenced' and he used a picture of an old detective noir villian using a silencer... so I made a joke that reolvers can't use silencers (as a comment on how pvp players being silenced was as absurd as a silencer on a revolver. Pretty sure the same thing he was going for.)

It really didn't deserve someone coming into the thread and changing the subject to a corner case of where an old, designed in the 19th century pistol, can use a silencer (besides two other 21st century revolvers) none of which apply to the picture he used, and especially when the point wasn't about revolvers or silencers in the first place. it was about how Trion isn't 'silencing' PvP players just doing the same old moderation of rude posts it (and most other forums) has always done.

But if you want to stop here, I'm cool with that. (though, that doesn't change the fact that the gun in the picture is a S&W model 10. image [pun]That's my last shot.[/pun])

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

How to become a millionaire:
    Start with a billion dollars and make an MMO.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

All I want to know is why you got so serious over what was initially just a joke as a play on the words 'PvP players silenced' and he used a picture of an old detective noir villian using a silencer... so I made a joke that reolvers can't use silencers (as a comment on how pvp players being silenced was as absurd as a silencer on a revolver.)

My initial post on the matter was a simple link to a youtube video depicting a woman using a suppressor on a revolver. You made the issue confounded with the argument "that weapon was made for the intent of a suppressor". I don't even know why I'm typing this. You know this. I tried to end it. Please knock it off.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    I see this thread is now about guns...

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387
    Smh just smh

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Originally posted by Volgore
    I see this thread is now about guns...

It's probably better that way.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

All I want to know is why you got so serious over what was initially just a joke as a play on the words 'PvP players silenced' and he used a picture of an old detective noir villian using a silencer... so I made a joke that reolvers can't use silencers (as a comment on how pvp players being silenced was as absurd as a silencer on a revolver.)

My initial post on the matter was a simple link to a youtube video depicting a woman using a suppressor on a revolver. You made the issue confounded with the argument "that weapon was made for the intent of a suppressor". I don't even know why I'm typing this. You know this. I tried to end it. Please knock it off.

So... you don't want to let this go?

Your initial post was about guns, when this thread is about Trion 'silencing' PvP players. You're the one that took it off topic by getting all Poindexter about my post, which was in fact true in all but three cases of revolvers. That's pretty damn true to have someone come along and say 'No... this one gun I met in band camp...' which in the original post I even said all NORMAL revolvers.

The really laughable thing about all this, though... is that post wasn't even really about revolvers... it was about DMKano's joke picture about PvP players getting silenced with an old movie pic of an absurd silencer... how it got turned into me schooling you about pistol is entirely YOUR doing.

'Sandbox MMO' is a PTSD trigger word for anyone who has the experience to know that anonymous players invariably use a 'sandbox' in the same manner a housecat does.

When your head is stuck in the sand, your ass becomes the only recognizable part of you.

No game is more fun than the one you can't play, and no game is more boring than one which you've become familiar.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332
    Originally posted by ceratop001
    I was a long time rift player until they introduced CQ and killed open world PVP. The current people running these games are simply bad at their job. They have successfully tarnished their own reputations within the gaming community and continue to make more mistakes. I guarantee everyone reading all these posts about Trion; they will shortly see a major overhaul within the company as soon as the bean counters starting seeing their profits go down. Then watch, the firings will commence and it will be ugly, and no amount of fanboi propaganda will save them. 

Their profits were imo already at a bottom low because i think was 2 years ago "i lose track of time"they were selling shares.I would assume that was to try and fund that military game they were working on,it is also why i feel they were the one that grabbed AA just because they needed a new cash flow.

I never had any hate towards Trion personally but i did state that as soon as i heard they got AA that i felt they were not a good company for the job.Well i think i was correct in my assessment because for 2 months Trion never did a single thing to market AA because they were still pushing RIFT as it went into the free phase.

I do agree with another poster,they have "some" people not good at their job because RIFT for starters had a large player base and following,even during Beta it was already popular.However their gimmicks such as the Rifts were soon seen as repeating and not really all that.However that was time enough and money enough for Trion to start improving their game,instead they just sat on it .So i guess i am at the same time not complaining they made changes in Rift pvp,i think people would complain more if a developer does nothing or does not attempt to make changes they feel are the correct ones.

I said the same things about SWG back in the day,the dev is trying to make change for the better and if they feel the player base is not a solid one,then it most certainly is warranted.Where it does become a problem is if after change is made you don't swallow your ego and attempt another fix/solution.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• WylfWylf Member UncommonPosts: 376
    Originally posted by fanglo
    Since the last expansion a lot of the pvp community has become frustrated with the apparent way trion has been treating us. Nearly every single negative post has been deleted and the poster banned. Trion has quickly become one of the worst mmo companies.

Interesting post. The OP makes three conclusory  statements .

1. "Since the last expansion a lot of the pvp community has become frustrated with the apparent way trion has been treating us.  -- I tend to believe this without and other facts to back it up, because PvPers have consistently and vocally been unsatisfied with Rift PvP."  (well in fact almost all PvP regardless of the game).

2. "Nearly every single negative post has been deleted and the poster banned."-- Is a bit of a broad statement, how many people have been banned? How do you know? What exactly were the contents of the posts that led to banning? Did the Posts violate the rules?

3. "Trion has quickly become one of the worst mmo companies. "-- Why exactly? Simply because the OP is unhappy with  PvP? or is it because of the alleged bans? The alleged deletions? All three? or something else?

First I absolutely agree that the OP is entitled to his/her opinion. No problem there. And the OP does not have to back up his/her statements if he/she doesn't want to do so.

What made this thread interesting was the number of other posters who jumped on this thread to spew venom at Trion and Rift. WOW! (oops unintentional slip of the fingers, let us refrain from turning this into a "I hate WOW post).  I am simply surprised at the hate for Rift especially here where the OP's post, though a valid opinion, is so devoid of any facts that that to assume the facts are true and agree that Trion is the Devil incarnate is silly.

BTW, loved the gun discussion.

• Adjuvant1Adjuvant1 Member RarePosts: 2,100

Your initial post was about guns, blah blah blah, I have something wrong in my head.

Not interested. You're blocked. Goodbye.

Your initial post was about guns, blah blah blah, I have something wrong in my head.

Not interested. I'm SO butthurt at losing on the internet I think I'll throw an infantile temper tantrum!!! You're blocked. Goodbye. WHAAAAA!!! image

Most honest post you've ever made...

So this means you're not going to be replying to my posts telling me I'm wrong when obviously I'm not?

Oh...

No.

• fanglofanglo Member UncommonPosts: 314

This is what got my account suspended...

"Ignore works perfectly in PvP. Just ask the devs, they've been ignoring the entire PvP community for months now."

How can anyone come to the conclusion that I was being rude to the devs? Does the truth hurt? What happened is one mod went on a rampage one day and banned any and all content that contained negative content regarding pvp.

Keep drinking the Trion Koolaide though and believe that nothing is wrong with the customer service. The moderators on the forums are a joke. They are pushing a narrative that the game is fine, that pvp is fine when it isn't. PvP is horrible and will likely stay that way for at least the next few months. Even after that I doubt that Trion will make it fun. They've been given a lot of feedback about PvP for over 6 months. A lot of good suggestions that would actually make PvP more fun but for some reason Daglar knows better than the community. 

Sadly he doesn't. 

I healed Mistwraith and all I got was this stupid tee-shirt!

• GolelornGolelorn Member RarePosts: 1,395
    Its a passive-aggressive statement. That is not constructive criticism, you are just voicing your displeasure. Just do what the rest of us did and quit.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,015

"Ignore works perfectly in PvP. Just ask the devs, they've been ignoring the entire PvP community for months now."

How can anyone come to the conclusion that I was being rude to the devs? Does the truth hurt?

And you actually can't understand why someone would find this as being rude?

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    the rift devs gave up on pvp in rift years ago(were talking the first 6 months here). it was really early in the games life when they basically stopped balancing it and almost solely focused pve content. sure they threw a bone here and there but the pvp players have always been second class to the raiders.
    Originally posted by Sovrath

How can anyone come to the conclusion that I was being rude to the devs? Does the truth hurt?

Nope, please englighten me where saying "Just ask the devs, they've been ignoring the entire PvP community for months now." is considered by any sane person.

• Octagon7711Octagon7711 Member LegendaryPosts: 9,000

Nope, please englighten me where saying "Just ask the devs, they've been ignoring the entire PvP community for months now." is considered by any sane person.

Reminds me of those news interviews when the person says, "They just started a fight with me for no reason!"

"We all do the best we can based on life experience, point of view, and our ability to believe in ourselves." - Naropa      "We don't see things as they are, we see them as we are."  SR Covey

• steelheartxsteelheartx Member UncommonPosts: 434
    Since the last expansion a lot of the pvp community has become frustrated with the apparent way trion has been treating us. Nearly every single negative post has been deleted and the poster banned. Trion has quickly become one of the worst mmo companies.

Silence PvPers?  Well if that's the case they've managed to do something that the rest of the gaming community hasn't been able to succeed at for almost two decades.

Sorry, couldn't resist.  Love all of yall (even the PvPers)       =)

Looking for a family that you can game with for life? Check out Grievance at https://www.grievancegaming.org !

Originally posted by Octagon7711

Reminds me of those news interviews when the person says, "They just started a fight with me for no reason!"

So, you completely agree with the strict enforcement of moronic rules that piss off the community. These moderators are getting out of hand and abusing their powers. 

Now obviously I'm at the point now where people will reply just to troll me so I guess that is the end of this thread. Some people will stick up for Trion no matter how obviously in the wrong they are.