Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Greed Monger

124»

Comments

• filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906
    Sounds to me like you are trapped somehow.  You must lose the dead weight if you are going to be successful.  This guy already ripped off the people who gave you money so what will he do to you in the end?  When the big payday comes you will be sitting around making 10$ an hour to do all the work.  I'd say try to join another game like mortal online or just get enough money and buy the rights to unreal or crytek engine and start making your own game.  I mean whats the difference if everyone is a volunteer?  Sounds like the owner will sue you but just goto court say he's a jerk and you didn't want your name associated with him.  Court system will use common sense it wont let him sue you over nothing.  He cant sue you over ideas that are in other games.    Or try to get in writing how much you and the development team is going to make.  For the work you are doing the development team should be getting at least 50% of the profits as a team.  You also need to make sure the owner cannot just write a check and spend it however he wishes.  Seriously don't get caught in a bad business decision this early in your career.
    Are you onto something or just on something?
  • JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    We have things in the works to protect us and to make sure that GM turns out great while Rebuilding the trust of the Community. Just sit tight and as soon as we announce our plans you guys will hear about it here.

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive

• JacxolopeJacxolope Member UncommonPosts: 1,140
    Originally posted by JamesP
    We have things in the works to protect us and to make sure that GM turns out great while Rebuilding the trust of the Community. Just sit tight and as soon as we announce our plans you guys will hear about it here.

I honestly am interested in seeing whats in the works... I will personally withhold judgement until that time. I also personally wish you the best of luck james- You are a good guy with integrity and I hope you come through this unscathed and with a quality product.

-No sarcasm in this post btw. I am serious. I know for a fact you are busting your ass and trying to wear 7 hats at the same time.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,983
    Originally posted by Jacxolope

As long as nobpdy is still taking money for this scam- I cannot WAIT to see the finished product.

Appleton was around beggoing for money, making promises, doing interviews...Until the checks cleared. Then POOF,hes gone and hasnt even sent out all the T-Shirts which were promised to backers (hes been too busy...) nor promoted/supported his game whatsoever. EDIT- HELL,by your own admission that asshole refuses to give you (the person actually doing all the work) access to the KS page so the backers (the people who paid all the money) can be notified of anything. Is that the type of person you want to work for or make money for? Someone who doesnt care enough to take a few mins to notify the people who PAID him ? Hes...To busy lol.

YET...IF this game were to ever succeed (it wont...) he will be cashing those checks.

So even if you guys ended up saving this disaster of a "game" and made a new UO, blah...blah...blah... I would not support it. because Appleton who promises the world and then goes MIA Will still profit.

James, weve talked before. You seem alright man-But as has been said before- YOU are going to be left holding the bag and YOUR name is associated with this mess (and Appleton)- Your best move would be to listen to those who say move on...Work on your own shit. You are a "volenteer" anyhow. Cut your losses. You were victimized as much (or more) than the backers.

-This wont end well, and has not gone well.

EDIT- 6-7 mew team members? Volenteers also? Where did you place the ads for help if you dont mind me asking? More free labor while the boss is MIA and yet plans to profit IF there is any money (already had his hand in the cookie jar...) SoAppleton gets paid while the people actually working ,promoting , etc, work free (or for pie in the sky promises).

Jason Appleton is a sorry ,sorry,sad human being.

Gotta say I agree with almost everything you posted...

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Best named KS project ever.
    "Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• EponyxDamorEponyxDamor Member RarePosts: 749

I had wondered what happened with this game. It's a really awesome concept, I think. Ultimately, this is the reason I avoid kick starter and crowd-funded titles until they're released. It's been talked about and funded since 2012/13 (?) and the only thing to show for it is a very primitive video which looks nothing at all like the video shown on the original Kickstarter page.

• JamesPJamesP Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by Kajidourden
    Originally posted by Superman0X

lol That's not exactly what I had in mind for feedback... But thanks none the less. I'm dedicated to releasing a great game with Greed Monger. But believe me if that fails for whatever reason I'm keeping all my options on the table. I'll be upfront like I always am... At the start we made some huge mistakes on the PR front we ALL know that. But hey we were a young team and we have learned from our Mistakes. Like I say all the time we are moving forward and trying to make the most out of the situation. 

I'm not here to argue or debate anything with you guys. I'm just here to keep you guys up to date on our Progress and to take your Constructive criticism and see what areas we can improve based on it.

James,

Developing a game, and publishing it require very different skillsets. Perhaps you should mention to the team that they should concentrate on development, and get a publisher to take this stuff off their hands. This might result in both a better game, as well as a better customer experience.

We have had some publishing offers however I am not at liberty to discuss them. We are just holding out until we have alot more to show so we can see what our Options are. Until then we have had a Community Manager who handled game update announcements, our Social Media accounts, ect. but he moved on to follow his Political dreams in his local community and no longer had the time required to help us so for now I'm stuck doing the updates.

[mod edit]

umm... Our old Community Manager had NOTHING to do with trying to censor anything. 

Company Owner
    MMO Interactive