Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why is Origin such a piece of shit software?

fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916

I mean how retarded can you be to come up with something like Origin? It's worse than spyware. I would rather have 10 viruses and a billion trojan horses than to have this garbage on my computer.

I wanted to buy Dragon Age Inquisition BUT the stupid retarded crappy software doesn't want to let me login. I am sure my password is correct but this piece of shitty spyware still doesn't let me in. I tried to retrieve my password but this piece of crap software doesn't  even send me an email to reset my password.

How the fuck am I supposed to play the new Dragon Age with this piece of shit software? Makes me wander if it's not easier just to pirate this cause Origin sure as hell makes it impossible to login.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

Comments

• goboygogoboygo Member RarePosts: 2,141
    I don't like Origin either, nor does anyone I know that had to install it to play an EA game but............
  • KefoKefo Member EpicPosts: 4,229
    Originally posted by fivoroth

I mean how retarded can you be to come up with something like Origin? It's worse than spyware. I would rather have 10 viruses and a billion trojan horses than to have this garbage on my computer.

I wanted to buy Dragon Age Inquisition BUT the stupid retarded crappy software doesn't want to let me login. I am sure my password is correct but this piece of shitty spyware still doesn't let me in. I tried to retrieve my password but this piece of crap software doesn't  even send me an email to reset my password.

How the fuck am I supposed to play the new Dragon Age with this piece of shit software? Makes me wander if it's not easier just to pirate this cause Origin sure as hell makes it impossible to login.

Sounds like an issue on your end. You think your password is right and you aren't getting recovery emails so either you aren't checking your junk mail or your mail server is rejecting it for some reason. Never had an issue with Origin myself. Contact support and maybe they can help you out.

• R3ckless0neR3ckless0ne Member UncommonPosts: 6

Nothing wrong with origin its just like steam uplay ect, You can't blame origin for something on you'r end. 

• DarkholyDarkholy Member Posts: 10
    I dislike Origin myself, but it never kept me from playing any of my games. Uplay on the othe hand..... :/
  • DivonaDivona Member UncommonPosts: 189

I'm OK with Origin, never have problem with it, just dislike having it along side Steam to take bit of my system resources from time to time that's all.

From the sound of it, look like you may have enter incorrect email when register?

• dancopdancop Member UncommonPosts: 11
    How long is your password? I once used 16 char password. While setting the password Origin accepted only first 15 chars without any warning. So when I entered 16 chars password at the login it returned the error. Now I have to remember to put only 15 chars when login to Orgin.
  • MrMelGibsonMrMelGibson Member EpicPosts: 3,033
    It always sucks when someone has an issue with software (especially games).  But, I personally have never had an issue with Origins.  I have had more issues with Steam tbh.  I love both and use both.  I don't get the hate with Origins.  If you tried it when it first launched.  Give it another shot.  It has vastly improved and has features Steam should of adopted yesterday.
  • DarkholyDarkholy Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by MrMelGibson
    But, I personally have never had an issue with Origins.  I have had more issues with Steam tbh.  I love both and use both.  I don't get the hate with Origins. 

Well 'hate' is a strong word, but I had Origin hang on my system more than enough times, it also almost always does not close properly when I power down my system, and various other wierd things Origin likes to do...

Don't get me wrong I have no blind love for Steam either, but at least it doesn't hang nor does any wierd thing on my PC.

If it was up to me, and I could get any game there, I would only use GOG.com and nothing else. No DRM, you buy a game you d/l and turn it on from the .exe, like in the good old days, plus they often give you a bunch of free stuff to go along with it (art, music, maps, guides, avatars ect.). If theres a game I want I start by checking if GOG have it. 

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Divona
    From the sound of it, look like you may have enter incorrect email when register?
    That was my thought, too.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470
    Sounds like the OPs problem lies between his chair and the keyboard. I've been using Origin for a few years now and have never had a problem, even after uninstalling and re-installing.

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• kartoolkartool Member UncommonPosts: 520
    You should probably just switch to console gaming from the sounds of it OP. 
  • RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785
    Originally posted by Ginaz
    Sounds like the OPs problem lies between his chair and the keyboard. I've been using Origin for a few years now and have never had a problem, even after uninstalling and re-installing.
    Ah yes the good ol "interface problem"
  • thekandy2thekandy2 Member UncommonPosts: 10

Now in defense of the OP, Origin does get a bit wonky from time to time with passwords.

When i wanted to boot it up to install DAI, it wouldn't accept the login it had saved from the last time i used it, it took me a few password resets to make it acknowledge that my information was indeed correct.

Shouldn't be getting wrong password errors after resetting the password, but it happens from time to time.

• bbethelbbethel Member UncommonPosts: 201

I don't buy any games from Origin or Uplay.

I only buy games on Steam. I never have a problem logging or any real problem on Steam. I just want a centrally located place to get all my games "Steam". As these companies leave Steam for a money grab it turns me off from them. So I stop buying their games.

I own a PS4 and a Xbone so if I want a game like dragon Age then I buy it on my PS4. This way I don't have to worry about logging in to a different system just to play one game they are all on my PS4. I look at the PS4 and Xbone in the same way as Steam on the PC its a place to play all my games with out having to go all over the place. All three are where I get my games, well more like 2 places I don't really use my Xbone for gaming lol.

• JeffSpicoliJeffSpicoli Member EpicPosts: 2,849

I'm OK with Origin, never have problem with it, just dislike having it along side Steam to take bit of my system resources from time to time that's all.

THIS.... Iv never had any issues as well its just a real annoyance having it along side steam, not even a space issue for me, I just like having things all in one place orderly. To be honest i often overlook alot of good games from EA because of this. They should really reconsider how they distribute their software , I honestly believe they would do MUCH better if they did away with their current system. 

• Aloha Mr Hand ! 

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by kartool
    You should probably just switch to console gaming from the sounds of it OP. 

Why? Cause Origin sucks? Or maybe I should just not play EA games. Yes, I think that would be wiser. They are not very good anyway.

Originally posted by Ginaz

Naah, I will just unistall Origin. Dragon Age is probably not that good anyway.

I am sure that the password was not wrong as I tried every single password I use. I can't have used a different password for Origin.

Anyways I DID receive the email letting me reset my password. It only took 10 HOURS! I did check my spam folders and everything at the time. In the end I did receive the email 8-9 hours later so now I am in.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148
    It's not. Right now hating it is the cool thing to do. While steam can do the same things and people are cool with it.
    Steam doesn't allow refunds and people are cool with that but Origin does and it's a piece of shit.
    I like both and have both. I know it's not the cool thing to say but it's the truth.
  • sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I have had my share of my problems with origin, even today I had another issue.  My issues are primarily with downloading and I have a few games that won't download.  I have tried so many things but in the end nothing has worked.  Its very frustrating because I have been downloading a 5 gb game for 3 days now and it keep going backwards.  I did a search and there are a bunch of threads on different forums talking about the same thing.
  • BailoPan15BailoPan15 Member Posts: 410

In your case, its the thing behind the computer that's bugged. 

Origin is lighter on the system than the overly loved and bugged Steam. 

You might want to enable UPnP on your router

There's also a password recovery for the weak-minded people

/end of thread

Pff reading further through this thread. The OP is really bad at computers.

Ignore my post. I want no part in this thread. 

• IkonisIkonis Member UncommonPosts: 245
    Originally posted by bbethel

I don't buy any games from Origin or Uplay.

I only buy games on Steam. I never have a problem logging or any real problem on Steam. I just want a centrally located place to get all my games "Steam". As these companies leave Steam for a money grab it turns me off from them. So I stop buying their games.

I own a PS4 and a Xbone so if I want a game like dragon Age then I buy it on my PS4. This way I don't have to worry about logging in to a different system just to play one game they are all on my PS4. I look at the PS4 and Xbone in the same way as Steam on the PC its a place to play all my games with out having to go all over the place. All three are where I get my games, well more like 2 places I don't really use my Xbone for gaming lol.

TIL not wanting to give Valve a 30% cut of your revenue is a money grab. 

Originally posted by thunderC

THIS.... Iv never had any issues as well its just a real annoyance having it along side steam, not even a space issue for me, I just like having things all in one place orderly. To be honest i often overlook alot of good games from EA because of this. They should really reconsider how they distribute their software , I honestly believe they would do MUCH better if they did away with their current system. 

Steam are charging as much as EA would charge a dev studio for publishing. If I was as big as EA games, it would make sense to have my own service. Origin starts faster than steam and doesn't update as often. It has Qt framework underneath so you can bet that its quite fast on technology alone. Plus that allow them to port the client to linux/osx easily but why they are not doing it yet is beyond me. Guess they don't have linux/osx ports. 

And to all of you ... complaining about system resources.

if extra 200mb ram and 0% CPU is an issue for you ... you really, really, REALLY need to consider a system upgrade. 

Don't be a sheep. 

• Raxxo82Raxxo82 Member UncommonPosts: 150
    Never had any problems with Origin.

• fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    Originally posted by BailoPan15

In your case, its the thing behind the computer that's bugged. 

Origin is lighter on the system than the overly loved and bugged Steam. 

You might want to enable UPnP on your router

There's also a password recovery for the weak-minded people

/end of thread

Pff reading further through this thread. The OP is really bad at computers.

Ignore my post. I want no part in this thread. 

Origin is lighter than steam, that's true. However, I don't see how this is relevant to my case.

You are not very good at reading are you? I tried to recover my password. I did get the email eventually, after 10 hours. No biggie right.

I am not bad with computers. Origin is just terrible at sending password recovery emails it seems or there was some delays. It doesn't matter, I did get the email in the end I guess.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Wait... You're blaming Origin because you forgot your password? Huh? 

Smile