Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

TESO Forums: "Sorry, permission denied"

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

Tried logging in today, and I got this message, "Sorry, permission denied." The only thing I've done is corrected someone on their lie that TSW was making massive amounts of accounts to vote. Really Zenimax? Even you're getting on making your community look sad now? Makes me pretty disappointed, but I guess I no longer want to be part of a community that is filled with people like this, and I certainly am not going to support a game developer that bans me from their forums for telling the honest truth (my post didn't insult or troll anyone, and it is literally the only time I came onto the forums since the closed beta of TESO because I usually stay away from in-game forums on the official sites and stick to MMORPG.com). 

I'm honestly surprised. I was banned over... a voting contest? What the hell? This is a new low.

Smile

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    I think you are supposed to be subbed to post.
    "We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505
    Originally posted by Razeekster

Tried logging in today, and I got this message, "Sorry, permission denied." The only thing I've done is corrected someone on their lie that TSW was making massive amounts of accounts to vote. Really Zenimax? Even you're getting on making your community look sad now? Makes me pretty disappointed, but I guess I no longer want to be part of a community that is filled with people like this, and I certainly am not going to support a game developer that bans me from their forums for telling the honest truth (my post didn't insult or troll anyone, and it is literally the only time I came onto the forums since the closed beta of TESO because I usually stay away from in-game forums on the official sites and stick to MMORPG.com). 

I'm honestly surprised. I was banned over... a voting contest? What the hell? This is a new low.

You might want to re-post what you said here, because I find frequently when people are being "honest" they are actually being obnoxious even if they don't think so.

But at the end of the day, their forums, their rules and you are doing the right thing by taking your business elsewhere.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Kind of reminds me of this:  http://youtu.be/wiA6bjzz-CM?t=28s

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• HarikenHariken Member EpicPosts: 2,680
    Originally posted by Kyleran

You might want to re-post what you said here, because I find frequently when people are being "honest" they are actually being obnoxious even if they don't think so.

But at the end of the day, their forums, their rules and you are doing the right thing by taking your business elsewhere.

Yeah i was thinking the same thing. Post what you said here is the only way people here will by what your saying.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

This is what I posted:

""TSW's community is going nuts over the face-off, even their community managers are involved in it." Why are you lying? TSW's community managers have not been apart of the voting process in any way! It's pretty sad you have to resort to lies to try and get votes. Even though I prefer TESO, I am going to vote for TSW because their community has acted in a much more mature fashion than the ESO community, and I don't think ESO deserves the win after I've seen so many lie (even on reddit).

The TSW community hasn't resorted to lying and trying to damage another game's reputation (I mean seriously, people even went as far as saying that TSW was emailing their players to get them to vote even though this wasn't true at all). Pretty pathetic and why even though I prefer TESO, and would have liked to vote for it, TSW is getting my vote.

Also in response to, "This is ***. They have all of their members making duplicate accounts and mass voting. We honestly need to do more. It's bad enough the game paid money for this ad campaign doesn't help it." Seriously? Anther blatant lie? If you even make more than one account on MMORPG.com you are banned. I know this because I tried to make another account for a family member and they only allow 1 account per household (at least they un-banned me after I explained what happened). Also suggesting that TSW paid to get players to vote for their game... How low can you go? Apparently pretty damn low.

I am really ashamed to be apart of this community right now..."

So, yeah. I don't see anything really wrong with that post, but I'm done with that community. Filled with blatant trolls, really sad since I never knew this was the type of people the game attracted. I'm sure not everyone is like that, but it seems like a large portion of their community is.

Smile

• NilenyaNilenya Member UncommonPosts: 364
    maybe a kind mod wanted to help you with that last bit of your post.
  • Mrgrey02Mrgrey02 Member Posts: 14

wow, that's pretty heavy handed in an uncalled for manner.

I would have actually thought that the mods would have been more interested in addressing the lies and crazy mudflings from some members of their community that in my eyes makes the whole community look bad as a whole.

compare that response to this response from Tomium, TSW's community manager...

[quote]

If we happen to win then I will celebrate.
    If we happen to only make it to the elite four, I will still celebrate. This community is unlike any I have been in and mobilizes when it needs to. Our Extra Life drive proved that.

We all know that our community will be here win or lose and that we won or lost our way, without being jerks, and being inclusive instead of exclusive.
    Everyone has differing opinions on what the "best" means, and for me, TSW is the best at telling a story you care about, and giving skills a unique overhaul.

That's not everyone's cup of tea. Some drink coffee.

[/quote]

A work mate had offered to loan me his ESO account so that I could buy a month or two of sub and check it out (he got bored and gave up on the game) but after what I have seen unfolding so far, I think I will give ESO a wide berth and avoid it.

how odd ... seems BB code is not working for me for some reason.

• MagikarpsGhostMagikarpsGhost Member RarePosts: 689

If you do not have an active sub you will get that message, OR if you just reactivated your sub it will pop up for 24ish hours. If you are banned you will get "this account has been suspended" message.

free 7 day sub and unlocks for swtor new accounts and 90+ day inactive subs click here to get it!

Click here for trove referral, bonuses to both!

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098

Your post is still there so the mods probably didn't ban you. They would have deleted or edited your post if they wanted to censor you. Also, I notice that a few posts later you acknowledge that TSW community managers have actively tried to solicit players to vote for this, so there is actually some truth behind the rumor that TSW is officially behind a vote push. I don't really see anything wrong with that though.

On the other hand, that apparently was the first post in the eso forum you ever made so it actually makes me wonder about your motives.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,505

This is what I posted:

""TSW's community is going nuts over the face-off, even their community managers are involved in it." Why are you lying? TSW's community managers have not been apart of the voting process in any way! It's pretty sad you have to resort to lies to try and get votes. Even though I prefer TESO, I am going to vote for TSW because their community has acted in a much more mature fashion than the ESO community, and I don't think ESO deserves the win after I've seen so many lie (even on reddit).

You basically insult the ESO "community" by saying they are immature and even accuse many of them of being liars, which in the real world is considered "fighting words" which you rarely say to someone's face.

The TSW community hasn't resorted to lying and trying to damage another game's reputation (I mean seriously, people even went as far as saying that TSW was emailing their players to get them to vote even though this wasn't true at all). Pretty pathetic and why even though I prefer TESO, and would have liked to vote for it, TSW is getting my vote.

Also in response to, "This is ***. They have all of their members making duplicate accounts and mass voting. We honestly need to do more. It's bad enough the game paid money for this ad campaign doesn't help it." Seriously? Anther blatant lie? If you even make more than one account on MMORPG.com you are banned. I know this because I tried to make another account for a family member and they only allow 1 account per household (at least they un-banned me after I explained what happened). Also suggesting that TSW paid to get players to vote for their game... How low can you go? Apparently pretty damn low.

I am really ashamed to be apart of this community right now..."

As someone said, it appears you joined the forums to slam the community, in company sites this is not looked on favorably.

So, yeah. I don't see anything really wrong with that post, but I'm done with that community. Filled with blatant trolls, really sad since I never knew this was the type of people the game attracted. I'm sure not everyone is like that, but it seems like a large portion of their community is.

While I agree they appeared to be over-sensitive, I can see places where an over-eager mod might take action and I do think you have cause to appeal any suspension, assuming there is some sort of appeals process.

But as you said, why bother, you're not interested in that community, so you are better off leaving it alone.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• MMOExposedMMOExposed Member RarePosts: 7,387

Guildwars2Guru?

WarhammerAlliance?

Philosophy of MMO Game Design

• GestankfaustGestankfaust Member UncommonPosts: 1,989
    Why do you have TESO, Zen, and TSW as the same company? Or did I over beer myself and just read that wrong?

"This may hurt a little, but it's something you'll get used to. Relax....."

• RaquisRaquis Member RarePosts: 1,029
    biggest mistake ESO made was asking for a subscription fee!
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,981
    OP did not get a message saying forum activity banned them, maybe they just think you should be spending more time with your family at Xmas. :D