Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] Black Desert: Korean Closed Beta Preview

13»

Comments

• YashaXYashaX Member EpicPosts: 3,098
    Originally posted by bcbully
    Originally posted by Forgrimm
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    If it is like AA but without labor points and terrible management/support, I'm in!

Unfortunately it does have a labor point system.

Labor point systems are fine. Heck I like them. I like them AS LONG AS labor points aren't sold in a cash shop. Age of Wushu is my point of reference. 

Think about it why in the world should someone be able to pound out 50 swords in 10 minutes. 

It might be ok depending on how its set up. In AA it encouraged people to stay on line 24/7 (bots/afkers) and severely limited what you could do. Because it was such a key part of the game everyone was out to exploit it, leaving someone who just played the game "normally" at a severe disadvantage. The monetization of LP was part of the problem, but not the only reason why it was/is bad in AA.

As to your point about "think about it out in the world", in real life to become a master swordsmith would require a life-time of training/practice, and it is unlikely that you would have time to also engage in monster slaying/farming/ etc on the side. A more realistic model would be to have players gather rare/exotic materials and bring them to an npc master-craftsman to forge for you.