Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

And for christmas, Trion gave me... IP BAN (thank you, thank you)

VintzQcVintzQc Member CommonPosts: 10

Don't get me wrong, AA is the best MMO i'v played so far (even better than good old Wow, to me)

But there's a problem

Trion is having a hard time taking care of this game.

They are keeping the bots in, and the players out...

I just got an IP Ban wich means:

I cant log in the game

I cant even reach their website to ask for help

Cant phone them

Cant chat with them

Can some body help me?

i wish i could play the game (since i paid 60$ for patron status) but there's no way i can solve this problem

Comments

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    I'm sorry to say this, OP, but if you keep supporting Trion's management of this game after reading about this happening to so many other people since the launch of this game, then you should learn something. If you haven't learned by now, I really can't feel sorry for you. You are just enabling Trion to continue their shoddy business practices.

• PemminPemmin Member UncommonPosts: 623
    Originally posted by d_20
    I'm sorry to say this, OP, but if you keep supporting Trion's management of this game after reading about this happening to so many other people since the launch of this game, then you should learn something. If you haven't learned by now, I really can't feel sorry for you. You are just enabling Trion to continue their shoddy business practices.

oddly enough....^this

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Trion just gave you the gift of freedom.  You shouldn't squander it!
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    Originally posted by DMKano

But please do tell me what evidence you have of "shoddy business practices" you have against Trion?

OMG, I laughed so hard. 

1. What about advertising a 10% discount as part of the founders package on market place items but then NOT giving it to them for spending their credits during headstart?

2. What about denying that the 10% discount was ever advertised when someone reported them to the BBB?

3. What about the falsely banned players who lost their land as they waited weeks for Trion to figure out they didnt do anything wrong but Trion not giving them any compensation?

I could go on but lets be honest, you have some excuse that makes this all ok in your mind and no matter what they get caught doing, Trion will always be the greatest MMO company in the world as far as you are concerned.

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Originally posted by Talonsin

But please do tell me what evidence you have of "shoddy business practices" you have against Trion?

OMG, I laughed so hard. 

1. What about advertising a 10% discount as part of the founders package on market place items but then NOT giving it to them for spending their credits during headstart?

2. What about denying that the 10% discount was ever advertised when someone reported them to the BBB?

3. What about the falsely banned players who lost their land as they waited weeks for Trion to figure out they didnt do anything wrong but Trion not giving them any compensation?

I could go on but lets be honest, you have some excuse that makes this all ok in your mind and no matter what they get caught doing, Trion will always be the greatest MMO company in the world as far as you are concerned.

I never got to actually play the game. I had so much trouble trying to get glyph to work, which I was ok with. But when i tried to get in touch with live support, because support emails weren't being replied to, I was informed I had to spend money to access live support. I promptly uninstalled glyph and all Trion games afterwards.

• psiicpsiic Member RarePosts: 1,640

LOL just got an email today that my patron status had just expired.  

They refunded my founders pack months ago. 

• PerjurePerjure Member UncommonPosts: 250
    Originally posted by psiic

LOL just got an email today that my patron status had just expired.  

They refunded my founders pack months ago. 

Heh, my Patron status quit working yesterday, but I am paid up over a month out. Since you can't contact them other than submitting a ticket and waiting months for a reply, that was the last straw for me. Such a f**ked up job by Trion.

• VintzQcVintzQc Member CommonPosts: 10

It is definately a block, since i can log on my account from my gf's mobile phone.

I'v sent a message to them, but it seems they wont answer me until a week or two (and its Christmas, so might be longer)

which meansi will lose my land, and thats a game-breaker for me.

I'm not hating, it's just that i feel left over by this company

I guess i'll have to go back playing Wow, they don't have that kind of problems....

• Viper482Viper482 Member LegendaryPosts: 4,064

I think you are not looking at the situation clearly - sad to see you jump on bash Trion bandwagon.

I know you had an IP ban issue that was reversed.

The OP has provided zero information - not even what ISP he uses, nothing.

He didn't even provide any info about traceroutes or anything - we don't even know what the actual issue is.

Did OP run any of the following:

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxOTIxMzgwOS9zaWQvRzdrWll1YW0%3D

???

Does OP know that IP bans can be as short as 30min?

Your unconditional defense of Trion when it comes to AA has become absurd. False bans have been a problem since the game launched, everyone knows it so denying it only makes you look that much more absurd. Trion has mismanaged the hell out of this game, period, fact, end of story. There is no debating it, move on.

Make MMORPG's Great Again!
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

Even a train wreck ceases to be interesting after a while and I believe ArcheAge has passed that time. It is time to move on and leave this game for the die-hard fans.

• makasouleater69makasouleater69 Member UncommonPosts: 1,096
    Originally posted by VintzQc

Don't get me wrong, AA is the best MMO i'v played so far (even better than good old Wow, to me)

But there's a problem

I cant log in the game

Cant phone them

Cant chat with them

Can some body help me?

i wish i could play the game (since i paid 60$ for patron status) but there's no way i can solve this problem

Lol its for the best man. I agree with you that the game is fun, and while i ignored everything but the actual game it self i had a great time. Then...... Thennnnnn... 2 days later they patched, o god the server went down, they made it so half the players couldent get in. This patch happened to be the new content with the castles lol... Then after over a day of that mess up, i get back in being alittle upset but stuck with it. Then i see hundreds of bots everywhere.Then i finally save up to get property, to find out that i cant own more than one really, because the more you have the more cash you got to spend, or the more time, and since labor is time, and labor is really how you make money in the game, you just get to a point where you have to spend more than 15 a month. Then they randomly crashed my server. Then they did it again. THen some one i played with randomly got banned, and 15 bots ran by me.

At this point i uninstalled the game, and only looked back every once in awhile on here when i bored. To remind me how bad a mmo can be if managed by trion. 

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Viper482

I think you are not looking at the situation clearly - sad to see you jump on bash Trion bandwagon.

He didn't even provide any info about traceroutes or anything - we don't even know what the actual issue is.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/54/session/L3RpbWUvMTQxOTIxMzgwOS9zaWQvRzdrWll1YW0%3D

???

Your unconditional defense of Trion when it comes to AA has become absurd. False bans have been a problem since the game launched, everyone knows it so denying it only makes you look that much more absurd. Trion has mismanaged the hell out of this game, period, fact, end of story. There is no debating it, move on.

Not only in AA. Trion has a rich history of false bans in general.

• TheGoblinKingTheGoblinKing Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Unfortunately when you play free to play games you get free to play customer service.
  • rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611

Did you even read my post - I even acknowledged that false positive IP bans existed:

"I know you had an IP ban issue that was reversed."

I am not denying that fals positive IP bans didn't happen - they have - they still continue to happen in every game that has gold selling bots - some legitimate folks get caught by auto-ban systems.

Do you honestly think that Trion is the only company that has automated ban systems that sometimes ban legitimate users?

When you are banning tens of thousands of accounts weekly you're gonna get some legit folks too - guess what those get reversed in time.

LMAO at this stupid shjit. You would defend these guys if they closed the servers down tomorrow and didnt refund anyone a penny.

Trion hasnt banned 10 accounts in AA let alone tens of thousands (weekly). They only IP block critics and vocal negativity.

Trion relishes the bot  accounts the hacker accounts and the cheater accounts. Because those guys generate extra 'legit' (and illegitimate) accounts that someone somewhere is spending real money to subsidize.

This game was something people should have ran from back in May when the first wave of changes came out. I almost charged back my pre order then. But figured it would all even out. But nope, every 'fix' and change they made that was suppose to help counter bots anc heaters actually just made it harder on the legit players. So hard that basically everyone was running third party shit, and thats why they got caught up in the net. Trion just banned the small guys who didnt bother to hide the fact that they were cheating or werent making trion any money on the back side.

Either way now that Hartsman is back Trion is a joke. Conspiracy theorist in me is thinking Hartsman who was very vocal about free to play sucking is purposefully tanking every free to play game they have (which is all of them) so that he can make a push to start sub games again.  That really is the only explanation as to how this company can be where it is now les than 5 years after Rift initial launch.

• GrummusGrummus Member UncommonPosts: 151
    I can't even signup under the Glyph launcher.

I can't use my old Rift account as the email it's tied to doesn't exist, and they're downie ass wants to send a verification code to the old email, which I can't change because I can't access it.

DIAF Tirion.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by Grummus
    I can't even signup under the Glyph launcher. I can't use my old Rift account as the email it's tied to doesn't exist, and they're downie ass wants to send a verification code to the old email, which I can't change because I can't access it. DIAF Tirion.

And this is Trion's problem how?

If you have a Blizzard account or ANY game account tied to an email that doesn't exist - it's going to be the same issue.

I mean seriously - you're blaming Trion for this?

/facepalm

The only way to resolve account issues with emails that you have no access to is to have CS switch you to a new email after proving that it is really YOU who wants to do this, otherwise account theft would be trivial.

Email is one of the primary ways of verifying account ownership - if you lose access to it - you have lost access to your account.

Do you not understand this basic security principle?

This is a valid point, so much of your security is tied to your email address, that its something that should have been sorted out before the email account was closed, most MMO's i've played will even allow you to update your details, such as email addresses, without your having an active subscription. To recover from this your probably going to have to email the company your passport details etc, as you will definitely have to prove who you are, and tbh, it might not be a service that the company offers, in which case hopefully it will be a lesson learned, if an expensive one. image

• djrifuldjriful Member CommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by VintzQc

But there's a problem

I cant log in the game

Cant phone them

Cant chat with them

Can some body help me?

Even better than good old WoW? You just compare sandbox to WoW themepark. AA is not best, yet if you want best comparable to WoW themepark. Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will blow you mind away. 14 days trial, give it a shot!

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    The topic of the thread is not other posters. You can disagree with people without calling them out in a way that is baiting  in nature. That goes for the whole forum, and we handle it as such. I've removed the derail. Stick to the thread topic.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Originally posted by Volgore
    Originally posted by Viper482

???

Not only in AA. Trion has a rich history of false bans in general.

Again it's no richer than any company with highly popular F2P games.

Lots of bots getting banned = some legit accounts getting banned to.

The auto-ban systems are not 100% accurate - why would Trion's auto-IP ban be an exception?

Where did anybody say that Trion's history of false bans is richer than any other companie's? Again you are only defending for the sake of defending, even when there is no actual point to defend.

Your whole approach would be way more reasonable if you could for once take a different opinion without blatantly waving the Trion flag into the face of everyone and report every post in which someone disagrees that Trion the best company ever.

• WinkerWinker Member Posts: 26

Well guys, i have been playing sandbox MMO's for over 17 years now mainly Ultima Online and Eve, but i have tried every other sandbox MMO  game that has came along since.

I can take you back to the days we all used 14.4kbs modems and Ultima Online would only allow you to move one step then lag out for 3-5 seconds then take another step and lag out for 3-5 seconds. I have seen many companys bad the innocent or at least they all claimed to be innocent and servers crash for days on end. Bots being rife in every game and the game developers being hounded by the players to do something about it.

Let me tell you all these problems are in every MMO thats come out in the last 17 years. You will never get a game that doesnt have people who cheat. You will never get a game where bots are not a problem. You will never get a game where CS get it right every time.

So in the end you have to except that thing are going to go wrong and people/developers make mistake. I have been playing AA since Alpha and i love it even with all the above mentioned mistakes. I dont strive for perfection, i am just happy to work within whats given and try and enjoy myself without worrying about what everyone else is getting up to. Thats the big secret of success in these game. Its when you start to worry about what everyone else is doing, thats when discontentment sets in. For me, i now have a 24X24 house and 2 16X16 farms, which everyone was saying would be impossible due to the lack of land. But i knew given a few months that 80% of the population would no longer be playing and land would free up. Now nearly every day i can find a !6X16 plot of land free some where or another. I still see Bots most days, but then i see them every day in everyother MMO so no real problem.

The game does have its problems but on the whole its a great game and i for one will be playing it for as long as it lasts and i hope it lasts as long as Ultima Online

• rodarinrodarin Member EpicPosts: 2,611
    Originally posted by Winker

Well guys, i have been playing sandbox MMO's for over 17 years now mainly Ultima Online and Eve, but i have tried every other sandbox MMO  game that has came along since.

I can take you back to the days we all used 14.4kbs modems and Ultima Online would only allow you to move one step then lag out for 3-5 seconds then take another step and lag out for 3-5 seconds. I have seen many companys bad the innocent or at least they all claimed to be innocent and servers crash for days on end. Bots being rife in every game and the game developers being hounded by the players to do something about it.

Let me tell you all these problems are in every MMO thats come out in the last 17 years. You will never get a game that doesnt have people who cheat. You will never get a game where bots are not a problem. You will never get a game where CS get it right every time.

So in the end you have to except that thing are going to go wrong and people/developers make mistake. I have been playing AA since Alpha and i love it even with all the above mentioned mistakes. I dont strive for perfection, i am just happy to work within whats given and try and enjoy myself without worrying about what everyone else is getting up to. Thats the big secret of success in these game. Its when you start to worry about what everyone else is doing, thats when discontentment sets in. For me, i now have a 24X24 house and 2 16X16 farms, which everyone was saying would be impossible due to the lack of land. But i knew given a few months that 80% of the population would no longer be playing and land would free up. Now nearly every day i can find a !6X16 plot of land free some where or another. I still see Bots most days, but then i see them every day in everyother MMO so no real problem.

The game does have its problems but on the whole its a great game and i for one will be playing it for as long as it lasts and i hope it lasts as long as Ultima Online

The thing is they have known about the cheaters for two years. They knew about it before they released the game in the west and made ZERO attempt to fix or slow it down before they released the game for a blatant money grab.

The expectation was that Trion would fill in the gaps XL had. Either with outright coding fixes or at least some of their 'super' bot killer software. Neither have happened. They only thing they did was raise the level cap to 15 before you could use chat, thus eliminating spam for maybe 10 minutes and detering the laziest botters from bothering.

We all know games have cheaters, but this game all but encourages it. Thats the big difference.

Cheats and hack users and bots also infest the games where they can make the most money. Either games with a heavy cash shop or games where enough people play to be able to sell whatever in game goods those people might want. Or in games where the coding is so laughable anyone who took a programming class in high school can cheat. This game fits all of those and thats why its is hands down the worst game I have ever seen in terms of cheating, on multiple platforms.

If Blakck Desert were already out this game wouldnt have gotten any buzz at all and would have been laughed off the internet. That isnt to say Black Desert is the next big thing but it is a better game and it HAS to be run better than AA sis ebeing run (because it would be impossible to run a game worse than AA has been run). So therefore BD must be head an shoulders better than AA is or ever will be. Same concept better implementation.

• MikePaladinMikePaladin Member UncommonPosts: 592

I had more respect for Trion but  in last years this company became a reflection of Mail.ru  in EU NA ...... 

I bet my  time of ZOS

• greatskysgreatskys Member UncommonPosts: 451
    Play H1Z1 or Repop instead :) Give the old two fingered salute to Trion and XL :)
  • MensurMensur Member EpicPosts: 1,512
    I would not play this game if trion paid me! they are managing this game like a flock of retards!

mmorpg junkie since 1999

• ReticulataReticulata Member UncommonPosts: 98

Originally posted by Mensur
    I would not play this game if trion paid me! they are managing this game like a flock of retards!

Originally posted by TheGoblinKing
    Unfortunately when you play free to play games you get free to play customer service.

Originally posted by Yamota

Even a train wreck ceases to be interesting after a while and I believe ArcheAge has passed that time. It is time to move on and leave this game for the die-hard fans.

Originally posted by TiamatRoar
    Don't look a gift horse in the mouth.  Trion just gave you the gift of freedom.  You shouldn't squander it!

if you keep supporting Trion's management of this game after reading about this happening to so many other people since the launch of this game, then you should learn something. If you haven't learned by now, I really can't feel sorry for you. You are just enabling Trion to continue their shoddy business practices.

So much wisdom posted on this thread.

SOE changes name to Daybreak games, cause dey break games.