Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What did you buy on steam x-mas sale?

Comments

• SomeOldBlokeSomeOldBloke Member UncommonPosts: 2,167
    Nothing... yet. Away on vacation until the 31t, will check it out when I get home.
  • BrenelaelBrenelael Member UncommonPosts: 3,821
    Originally posted by DMKano

Nothing.

After buying nothing during black Friday sale I hurried up and bought nothing this time around too.

The problem of looking and realizing I have everything I want already - 1st world problems.

I have the same issue. I looked through the items on sale both on Black Friday and during the Christmas Sale and everything I would even consider buying was already in my library.

I did buy the X-Com bundle however as I haven't played them in years and the Steam versions work well under Windows. Had a lot of fun reliving old memories playing the original and Terror From the Deep the last couple of days. I haven't tried the other 3 games yet... Apocalypse, Interceptor or Enforcer.

Bren

while(horse==dead)
    {
    beat();
    }

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

The same as I do during every big Steam sale. A few games I am on the fence about so I want to get them cheap. Then followed by a ton of other games I'll never play but they were cheap and I feel special for having them. Yep I'm smart. 

My backlog is now over 100+

• snoockysnoocky Member UncommonPosts: 724
    Steam sale?? Lol there are sites that have much cheaper games then the so called steam sales...

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.

Edgar Allan Poe

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

Age of Wonders 3, War game Air land battle/ European Escalation. Dark Souls 2.

Also bought DA:I on origins holiday sale.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• LugorsLugors Member UncommonPosts: 184
    Waiting for Icewind Dale EE to go on sale.  Unfortunately the Beamdog stuff rarely goes on sale, or if it does, it is only one day and easily missed.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Not too much this year... Talisman (including season pass) and SEGA Genesis Classics 5 for the Phantasy Star games. Bought a couple of hidden object games for my wife and am waiting for 2 RPGs to drop a bit more in price (or I'll buy them at 40/50% discount in 2 days from now).
  • LorgarnLorgarn Member UncommonPosts: 417

Nothing, but not because I didn't want to.

Haven't done any impromptu buying of games for years, longtime unemployment sucks. There was a few games thats on my wishlist that had a pretty good discount though. Maybe next sale I'll buy something nifty.

• Originally posted by goboygo
    I bought Legend of GRimrock 2, fantastic game.
    It very much is. Bought it at release though, as after playing the first one I just couldn't wait for a sale. It was cheap, anyway. So far I've only bought The Banner Saga. Almost bought Transistor, but I won't have time to play it anytime soon, so I can wait better than 66%.
  • BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    ESO- I will use up the month of time it came with and wait for buy to play announcement - it's a fun solo game, but it's not worth a sub fee.
  • fivorothfivoroth Member UncommonPosts: 3,916
    I already have what I want so nothing.

Mission in life: Vanquish all MMORPG.com trolls - especially TESO, WOW and GW2 trolls.

• PhaserlightPhaserlight Member EpicPosts: 3,072
    Fez
    Proteus
    Kairo

"The simple is the seal of the true and beauty is the splendor of truth" -Subrahmanyan Chandrasekhar
    Authored 139 missions in Vendetta Online and 6 tracks in Distance

• OriousOrious Member UncommonPosts: 548
    The Civilizations pack that include Civ 3, 5 , beyond earth ( ithink). And Gauntlet. I think I like Gauntlet more than Diablo3 lol... '-.-.

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    So far just Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag.  Very fun game.  Still waiting to see if Wasteland 2, Watch_Dogs, or X-Rebirth (they supposedly fixed most of their launch problems with the 3.0 update) drop down to around the $15 range.  If not then I will buy one of those for around $20.  I'm not broke, just patient, though my son made out like a bandit for Christmas this year and put a nice dent in the wallet.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor

• AnirethAnireth Member UncommonPosts: 940

Steam sales were pretty weak all year long, Christmas is no different.

The few things i'd really want don't get enough of a price drop, the things that get a nice price drop are at best at my "nice to have" list. But since they get price drops regularly, i'm not in a hurry to buy them right now when i got enough to play for some time.

I'll wait to the day's end when the moon is high
    And then I'll rise with the tide with a lust for life, I'll
    Amass an army, and we'll harness a horde
    And then we'll limp across the land until we stand at the shore

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926

Tomb Raider

Democracy 3

• maskedweaselmaskedweasel Member LegendaryPosts: 12,180
    Originally posted by snoocky
    Steam sale?? Lol there are sites that have much cheaper games then the so called steam sales...

aside from pirating... list the sites.

I bought Endless Legend and gifted a few games to friends.. state of decay was at a good gift price and was on a wishlist or two, 

• Originally posted by coretex666
    I boughtXCOM: Terror from the Deep - A strategy game from 1995. It is one of the most challenging games I have ever played. Even though it is 20 years old, it is still much better than the new XCOM games.
    Check this out.
  • AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Ended up getting Railroad Tycoon 2 and 3 plus Sid Meier's Railroads! in a "train bundle." Finally got RRT2 & 3 working in Win7x64 :) Now to work on the last one :)

I also got Small World 2 in a separate purchase a few days ago.

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• sumdumguy1sumdumguy1 Member RarePosts: 1,373
    I bought nothing.  This was the best purchase I made in a long time.
  • SuperDonkSuperDonk Member UncommonPosts: 759
    Originally posted by DMKano

Nothing.

After buying nothing during black Friday sale I hurried up and bought nothing this time around too.

The problem of looking and realizing I have everything I want already - 1st world problems.

Same here.

I started to browse the sales and realized there really wasn't any game that I really wanted. Besides, I still have a dozen or so games from previous steam sales that I have yet to put any time into. Maybe by this time next year I will feel the urge to buy more games to sit in my steam account un-played - 1st world problems.

• stayontargetstayontarget Member RarePosts: 6,519
    I'm thinking about picking up Gang Beasts,  it looks like fun party game.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krw1MMam76w

Velika: City of Wheels: Among the mortal races, the humans were the only one that never built cities or great empires; a curse laid upon them by their creator, Gidd, forced them to wander as nomads for twenty centuries...

• Zefiris8Zefiris8 Member UncommonPosts: 37
    Originally posted by maskedweasel
    Originally posted by snoocky

aside from pirating... list the sites.

I bought Endless Legend and gifted a few games to friends.. state of decay was at a good gift price and was on a wishlist or two, 

Not sure what specific sites he is thinking of, but I pick up quite a few games in those Indie packs.  Humblebundle , Bundlestars, IndieRoyale, IndieGala.  Their store prices are about the same as Steam with an exception every now and then, but the packs are a great deal.  Some weeks obviously have way better packs than others.

GoG and Greenmangaming have some good deals on individual games.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

7 Days to Die. . I hedged on this game and went back and forth and have logged more hours in that game than I have anything in a long time.  Minecraft without blocks meets zombie survival.  Amazing. . does not feel unfinished at all.

If it comes up on the last day for sale again and you don't have it I would suggest it if you like survival, crafting etc.

Mostly the rest of the sale seems like junk.  I am hoping that Divinity goes on sale for more than 33% off.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• rangrmp101rangrmp101 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    i bought the repopulation......kinda wish i didnt