Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How long until EA kills another?

ElapsedElapsed Member UncommonPosts: 2,329

http://www.mmogchart.com/

Majestic: "After initially garnering some 15,000 subscribers, the numbers began to fall steadily, and within a few months EA was forced to rework the game, and then later cancel it completely on 4/30/2002."

E&B: "Only 53,000 units were sold after launch; subscriptions peaked at below 40,000, and then fell into the 20,000 – 25,000 range. EA closed E&B on 9/22/2004."

The Sims: "...April 2004 quotes EA as providing an official number of 57,500; since then sources indicate that number has fallen further to 35,500 subscribers as of January 2005."

I by no means wish death on The Sims. I hate to see any MMORPG get canned when even a small number of people play. As long as people are enjoying the game I hope it lasts until everyone stops.

Personally, I will never play an EA MMO based on their track record. It's sad to see them cancel games when there are so many other smaller companies getting by with fewer players. I can't believe EA can't take the slight hit in attempting to fix their canceled MMOs or trying to market them more and keep them going just for the customers sake. I guess it's just the big business attitude ::::30::

From the pattern it looks as if Sims is nearing EA's cancelation point by the end of this year or early next year. ::::21:: Maybe TSO will be an exception since it is one of their key franchises unlike Majestic and E&B were.

Comments

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    I am from the future ....EA will close Warhammer... :P

• Mari2kMari2k Member UncommonPosts: 367
    And WoW is still the top dog unter the MMOs ...
  • NikkitaNikkita Member Posts: 790
    This must bhe some kind of record to necro 7 year old topic.

Bite Me

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Aww Sims Online, I played it only once, I got in and people were arriving to this large house/gym and staying hello hows your day and getting on the treadmills XD
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    Locked due to necro.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.