Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Thanks forums for confirming that quitting over a month ago was the right move

gnarlylexgnarlylex Member Posts: 5
I check in every week or so to see how things in Archeage have been going and unsurprisingly its still TRION hate threads from top to bottom.  When I was making the decision to quit, it was hard because I could see the game had potential, but it seems clear that TRION has no intention of seeing that potential realized.  Honestly they don't deserve your money.  Just pack up and move on, and then you too can come back in a month and see that the same exact shit happening and feel good about your decision.

Comments

• KilrainKilrain Member RarePosts: 1,185
    I'm not sure why I'm even responding to this, but I've been having a blast. I've barely spent any money on this game and I log in every day. I capture property, farm, craft, very little questing, trade runs. So where does your opinion matter? Oh right, it doesn't. I'll move on now, and wont be checking back on this or any more hate threads.
  • DullahanDullahan Member EpicPosts: 4,536
    Originally posted by gnarlylex
    I check in every week or so to see how things in Archeage have been going and unsurprisingly its still TRION hate threads from top to bottom.  When I was making the decision to quit, it was hard because I could see the game had potential, but it seems clear that TRION has no intention of seeing that potential realized.  Honestly they don't deserve your money.  Just pack up and move on, and then you too can come back in a month and see that the same exact shit happening and feel good about your decision.

Glad I could be of assistance.  Left a month ago too and feel so good about my decision.  I've honestly never even considered going back since I uninstalled.

• Zarf42Zarf42 Member Posts: 250
    I left a few weeks before Auroria opened and never looked back. I don't regret my decision.
  • ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233
    I tried the game on day of release, it was shite so I uninstalled
  • DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Fishing was my life in game leaded fishing raids on

the sea from the start quitted cuz of the nasty

'fishing boat fps bug' that probably won't be fixed

for a long time... So yea yet another game released

with major issues up and running.

• RylahRylah Member UncommonPosts: 194

This would be true if AA was even remotely F2P which it is only when you want to ignore / not take part in 90% of the game.

But... In AAs case it is neither the payment model nor the quality of the gameplay as such which pissed most people off, but the combination of blatant cash-grab, incompetence, lies and the unwillingness to learn from mistakes on both Trions and to a lesser degree XLGames part.

Lies like that the alpha servers would be continued as test servers,  which didn't happen. Retarded last minute changes to e.e. the siege mechanics, "normalisation" to make the cash items the most appealing, BiS items for RMT only like the 6-slot, bugs and exploits known since Korean alpha willingly and knowingly ignored. Half assed shit all over the place with a community team either lying through their teeth or going mute and deaf.

This and a plethora of other examples of mismanagement and boderline fraud (like changing sever caps, so that empty servers show as "high" and then lying openly in the forums about it) is what pissed people off.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,508
    The interesting thing is most of the hate threads are created and fueled by people who haven't really played in month or more.

Not sure you can gauge much from that, maybe listen more to those still playing?

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• AlbatroesAlbatroes Member LegendaryPosts: 7,671
    To each their own. Some people will remain, some will go. That's how it should be.
  • MavolenceMavolence Member UncommonPosts: 635
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Rylah

This would be true if AA was even remotely F2P which it is only when you want to ignore / not take part in 90% of the game.

But... In AAs case it is neither the payment model nor the quality of the gameplay as such which pissed most people off, but the combination of blatant cash-grab, incompetence, lies and the unwillingness to learn from mistakes on both Trions and to a lesser degree XLGames part.

Lies like that the alpha servers would be continued as test servers,  which didn't happen. Retarded last minute changes to e.e. the siege mechanics, "normalisation" to make the cash items the most appealing, BiS items for RMT only like the 6-slot, bugs and exploits known since Korean alpha willingly and knowingly ignored. Half assed shit all over the place with a community team either lying through their teeth or going mute and deaf.

This and a plethora of other examples of mismanagement and boderline fraud (like changing sever caps, so that empty servers show as "high" and then lying openly in the forums about it) is what pissed people off.

There were plenty of screw ups on both Trions and XLs part - but you are wrong about alpha servers being used as test - as of a couple of days ago PTS is up and running.

So yes it took a long time but PTS is there now - they never said that alpha would be *continued* as test server - they said after launch that alpha would be brought back as PTS which is what happened. It just didn't happen immediately post launch - but they were vague on purpose about it.

Also you are wrong about F2P - the only thing F2P accounts can't do is own land - that is certainly not 90% of the game. I don't own any land and have 2 patron accounts without spending a single cent of RL cash.

That is not true they most definitely did say that alpha would continue through release as a test server not taken away and given back. This was all over the alpha forums which also just went *poof* one day without warning.

• workhorse12workhorse12 Member UncommonPosts: 5
    I have played mmo's most of my life.  My first one was Asherons Call.  I stopped playing WOW 3 years ago.  This is the BEST mmo I have played in years.  Its not without it's warts but top to bottom it is the best mmo on the market. I will say a healthy guild takes it to the next level.  Have a nice day.
  • zaberfangxzaberfangx Member UncommonPosts: 1,796

Part I don't get people want sand box mmo with ache age, when they don't get there way no wait I want theme park moo I want land now I payed money!, that I mostly see on forums.

Sure trion/xlgame have problem with there server and how the deal with things, people can be right and upset for that to leave the game, but comes to free to play, they never understand the word it's called free to play in the word you get to play for free, and still see people complain there not getting this and that time to time.

• JabasJabas Member UncommonPosts: 1,249

You need the forums to confirm that you leave a game is the right move?

And i thought  leaving or play a game was just a personal choise...

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by zaberfangx

Part I don't get people want sand box mmo with ache age, when they don't get there way no wait I want theme park moo I want land now I payed money!, that I mostly see on forums.

Sure trion/xlgame have problem with there server and how the deal with things, people can be right and upset for that to leave the game, but comes to free to play, they never understand the word it's called free to play in the word you get to play for free, and still see people complain there not getting this and that time to time.

Most people when they think Sandbox want to have either more sand in the box or more tools to shape the sand with (or both).  This is as justifiable as people wanting a theme park to have a fun combat system or lots of content, so I don't see anything wrong with that.

AA decided either on purpose (to suit its vision of how available land should be, for example) or for technical limitation reasons (such as limited server resources) to limit the amount of sand in the box.  It's only logical that it has to deal with the consequences of that (for example, less players and more complaints because less players were able to get land)

• MoonKnighttMoonKnightt Member UncommonPosts: 148

The forums on all MMO sites and games have a really bad reputation. But if you can separate the trolls, fanboys, haters and over exaggerators from realistic posts? They can and will save you a ton of money.

Example, Wildstar fanboys before release and launch. "OMG ESO SUX!!! THIS IS HOW YA DO A GOOD MMO GUIZE!!"

One month after launch, "Game is not that good, poor optimization issues, bad combat system, PVP a nightmare."

Two months after launch, "Population is a horrible issue. 40 man raids horrible issue they are not working. Avoid this game."

If you would have waited for a bit, the rational people start coming out of the woodwork, and in this case would have saved some money by not trying it. Sure you may like it regardless what people think. But it's good to add that into your final choice, with also watching gameplay videos.

ESO is another great example. People acting like it was the worst game ever. That Wildstar was the crown jewel of new MMOs. Even massively predicted ESO was most likely to fail (they are not any better than forum fanboys). Sure at launch and months after, there was a ton of haters. But now, if you waited? You will see it is a much better game, some people are praising it and it's getting more love in general. People are suggesting on average it is worth a try. Does not mean you will like it too? Again no. But overall it's a useful tool I think. 

I hated AA in the beta, so not too sure. But it's it a free to play game? Can't you just try it and see for yourself without spending a dime?

• ForgrimmForgrimm Member EpicPosts: 3,059
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    The interesting thing is most of the hate threads are created and fueled by people who haven't really played in month or more.

Not sure you can gauge much from that, maybe listen more to those still playing?

Or in some cases, by people who never even played the game at all.

• TiamatRoarTiamatRoar Member RarePosts: 1,685
    Originally posted by Jabas

MMORPGs are a HUGE time commitment (and, depending on your spending habits, a small to huge money committment)

Sometimes a person needs to go with their gut feeling based on their own early impressions on whether or not to leave the game without personally playing the game further because they don't have the TIME to invest into knowing the game personally.

In this case, forums confirming to a person that they made the right choice without having to invest so much time only to learn that the game wasn't for them the hard way (IE, after investing so much time) can be a nice relief.

• GeezerGamerGeezerGamer Member EpicPosts: 8,855

And yet it's perfectly acceptable should someone hit the forums to decide they want TO play the game, but it's not acceptable if they decide NOT to play based on posts? Posters and their posts are generally obvious. Simple application of common sense will tell you who's full of shit and who's not. Hyperbole, deflection, fanboyism, agendas, and Ad-Homs are often as obvious as a fart in a crowded elevator. When a critical point is made and cannot be challenged without the use of tactics from the previous sentence, Chances are, it's a valid concern. There's good info to discover for those who can sift through.

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Originally posted by GeezerGamer

And yet it's perfectly acceptable should someone hit the forums to decide they want TO play the game, but it's not acceptable if they decide NOT to play based on posts? Posters and their posts are generally obvious. Simple application of common sense will tell you who's full of shit and who's not. Hyperbole, deflection, fanboyism, agendas, and Ad-Homs are often as obvious as a fart in a crowded elevator. When a critical point is made and cannot be challenged without the use of tactics from the previous sentence, Chances are, it's a valid concern. There's good info to discover for those who can sift through.

While you can get varied opinions on games from the forums, filtering the fanboys from the trolls is a skill, even so they are a good source of information of the state of the game, no smoke without fire after all, so whatever issues there might be tend to get discussed a lot. Throw in a few youtube video's and you can hopefully decide whether a game is going to be fun to play or alternatively, a tedious experience, which can save you time/money. You might still end up buying into the odd lemon, but your chances are definitely improved either way image

Originally posted by TiamatRoar

MMORPGs are a HUGE time commitment (and, depending on your spending habits, a small to huge money committment)

Sometimes a person needs to go with their gut feeling based on their own early impressions on whether or not to leave the game without personally playing the game further because they don't have the TIME to invest into knowing the game personally.

In this case, forums confirming to a person that they made the right choice without having to invest so much time only to learn that the game wasn't for them the hard way (IE, after investing so much time) can be a nice relief.

I understand what you are saying but i only stay in a mmorpg while i decide to and never make plans in long term neither im worry if im playing next monht or not.

There are several mmorpgs that i never reach "high objectives", even play it during several months and when i quit its because i decide it was time to quit, never based on others. And i never regreat the time i was playing the game, because if i was there its because i was enjoying my time.

The OP quit when decide to quit, ofc it was the right personal decision, how could be wrong if it was hes will.

The tittle of this thread is imo at least... weird.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617
    As much as I dont like AA, most MMOs launches are not smooth, AA was by far one of the worst lol. Normally even really bad launches like AA has had, 6 months later its worth relooking at the game if you enjoyed it in any way. Thats normally when the devs start to get the game pointed in the direction they and the fans want. Just my 2 cents.

And yet it's perfectly acceptable should someone hit the forums to decide they want TO play the game, but it's not acceptable if they decide NOT to play based on posts? 

My intention wasnt this one, Geezer.

OP decide to quit at some point, now its happy because forums "confirm" it was the right decision, dont make sense to me.

If it was something like this:

"I quit a month ago, was thinking in coming back last week but based on forums im glad i didnt"

Here OP was collecting info to help him decide to go back or not, perfect normal but its not about this the thread is about, at least in my perception, i might be wrong.

And yet it's perfectly acceptable should someone hit the forums to decide they want TO play the game, but it's not acceptable if they decide NOT to play based on posts? 

My intention wasnt this one, Geezer.

OP decide to quit at some point, now its happy because forums "confirm" it was the right decision, dont make sense to me.

If it was something like this:

"I quit a month ago, was thinking in coming back last week but based on forums im glad i didnt"

Here OP was collecting info to help him decide to go back or not, perfect normal but its not about this the thread is about, at least in my perception, i might be wrong.

Touche

Nahh, I'm sure there is more to what you are saying as well. If you are saying you suspect a different motive fpr the OP's post, I can't say you'd be wrong.

Originally posted by Phry

While you can get varied opinions on games from the forums, filtering the fanboys from the trolls is a skill, even so they are a good source of information of the state of the game, no smoke without fire after all, so whatever issues there might be tend to get discussed a lot. Throw in a few youtube video's and you can hopefully decide whether a game is going to be fun to play or alternatively, a tedious experience, which can save you time/money. You might still end up buying into the odd lemon, but your chances are definitely improved either way image

Maybe in some cases, in others not really.

During a long time i didnt try out TSW because of what i read around of all problems related to game and didnt like the gameplay movies.

One day i decide to buy it and play it and its just was the best story driven mmo i ever played, i really really enjoy my time there. Ofc is not a mmo to stay longer for me, finish the story finish the game for me, but i had a blast.

Sometimes its need to play the game, "feel" the game is diferent from watching other playing. One of my friends playing AA atm, befor started saw me doing a trade run and just say "that looks boring like hell" and now is completed adicted to trade runs, ah economy, etc.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,617

With the problems AA has had, I dont blame them. Even if I loved this game I would have quit over the problems they have had. Some are just crazy lol. But like posted above, the great part of F2P games its easy to look back in a few months to see if its fixed and at no risk. Personally I quit after 10 min of playing.

Originally posted by Nanfoodle

With the problems AA has had, I dont blame them. Even if I loved this game I would have quit over the problems they have had. Some are just crazy lol. But like posted above, the great part of F2P games its easy to look back in a few months to see if its fixed and at no risk. Personally I quit after 10 min of playing.

Well, that and what has been patched? If we are talking games like ESO, SWTOR, and I'd even go so far as to include Wildstar in too, where the developers are making constant improvements and correcting bugs and issues and are making real efforts to turn their games around, then yeah, Kyleran's point stands, but if there are no patches to speak of, no improvements and nothing really changed, then what does a month mean?