Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Patch 1.45 with US armor is live

d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878

Here is the link to the new patch info.

http://warthunder.com/en/news/2713-update-1-45-steel-generals-en

Patching now while I read all the threads here about how WT is p2w. image

Edit: They were very old threads. However, I will say, this game is free-to-play + pay-to-reduce-serious-grind. If a dude paid $100 and got 350+ hours of entertainment until he got bored, I'd say it's not so bad.

If you spend $15-20 and focus on developing one nation in air or armor, you could set yourself up very well. That's all I've got say after 440+ hours. I've probably spent $150 or so and I don't feel bad about it at all. Now I can play f2p with all of the nations without undue grind, though I do usually pay for premium membership daily whenever I feel like it (more xp, research points, etc.). You can pay for longer 7 days and up, etc. for a deeper discount the more time you pay for.

I have enough fun, so I don't have anything to complain about.

Comments

• SpottyGekkoSpottyGekko Member EpicPosts: 6,916
    Originally posted by d_20

Lol, War Thunder really doesn't have any P2W at all. There's no "special ammo" that you can buy for RL cash like in WoT. And the premium planes/tanks that you can buy have the same characteristics as the ones you earn through normal play. Bought vehicles only earn bonus XP.

If you're playing in "arcade mode" with 75% of the rest of the population, small differences in vehicle performance are moot. It's mostly a giant furrball where death can come from any direction, and frequently comes from several directions simultaneously.

But playing without the premium sub is a loooong slog if you're gagging to fly a jet or some other high-tier plane.

• d_20d_20 Member RarePosts: 1,878
    Originally posted by SpottyGekko
    Originally posted by d_20

Lol, War Thunder really doesn't have any P2W at all. There's no "special ammo" that you can buy for RL cash like in WoT. And the premium planes/tanks that you can buy have the same characteristics as the ones you earn through normal play. Bought vehicles only earn bonus XP.

If you're playing in "arcade mode" with 75% of the rest of the population, small differences in vehicle performance are moot. It's mostly a giant furrball where death can come from any direction, and frequently comes from several directions simultaneously.

But playing without the premium sub is a loooong slog if you're gagging to fly a jet or some other high-tier plane.

Absolutely. I was editing my post while you were writing this, it seems.